Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Glaidance View Post
    I was just thinking about something. With the new loot system coming out with the raid finder in that main spec receives a +100 to there rolls, how is that going to work for say a shadow priest rolling on a piece of gear that has spirit and haste on it. PERFECT piece of loot since spirit translates to hit. But, if a healer rolls on it are they going to get a +100 and I get no chance at it? Same goes for elemental shaman vs resto shaman and balance druid vs resto druid.

Just wondering if anyone has any information on this...
    Spirit gear is for Shadow priest too. Blizzard knows this and they designed the loot system. It is only the bad players that still rage about shadow priests rolling on Spirit gear. I had a Resto Druid rage at me for rolling on cloth Spi on my level 55 priest, because he wanted it, I expected better understanding from a Druid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    You don't "need" spirit.

the talent was implemented for healers to be able to spec dps without needing a new gear set for dailies, and to give you leeway when replacing gear.
    The talent isn't there for you to collect spirit gear, you should still technically collect hit gear.
    rofl just get out of this thread...

OP i would like to know how they are going about this aswell my alt is a SP and i love my spirit/haste gear

Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    rofl just get out of this thread...

OP i would like to know how they are going about this aswell my alt is a SP and i love my spirit/haste gear
    Seeing as how he got rocked across these 2 pages, I doubt he'll be back anytime soon. My bet is it will be main spec for both the healing priests and the spriest. The intent of this is to prevent fail mages and locks from nabbing spirit gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Spirit gear is for Shadow priest too. Blizzard knows this and they designed the loot system. It is only the bad players that still rage about shadow priests rolling on Spirit gear. I had a Resto Druid rage at me for rolling on cloth Spi on my level 55 priest, because he wanted it, I expected better understanding from a Druid.
    Uh, aren't the Armor bonuses from level 50? As in, he'd lose out on his +Int bonus by wearing a piece of Cloth gear?
    Then again, I have seen Hunters rolling around in Leather in 85 dungeons, so I shouldn't be all that surprised.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    Uh, aren't the Armor bonuses from level 50? As in, he'd lose out on his +Int bonus by wearing a piece of Cloth gear?
    Then again, I have seen Hunters rolling around in Leather in 85 dungeons, so I shouldn't be all that surprised.
    Pretty much what I told him, but he said he didn't care because he already had some cloth pieces, and that Spi was only for healers.

A Spi trinket I'll pass to a healer, but Spi on cloth - that's generic priest gear, I'll roll as shadow.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source

healers will get the +100 bonus on need rolls for spirit gear

spriests will get the +100 bonus on need rolls for spirit gear

boomkin will get the +100 bonus on need rolls for spirit gear

eleshams will get the +100 bonus on need rolls for spirit gear

everyone else will not get the +100 bonus

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    They won't, check your 4.3 loot tables.
    Unless I'm missing something the only cloth spirit piece that isn't tier set that actually drops in Dragon Soul (as opposed to VP/Crafting) is http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77263 (i.e. Robe of Glowing Stone off Morchok).

See: http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4.1?fil...rs=1:2;crv=0:0
    Last edited by lenvik; 2011-11-11 at 04:50 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lenvik View Post
    Unless I'm missing something the only cloth spirit piece that isn't tier set that actually drops in Dragon Soul (as opposed to VP/Crafting) is http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=77263 (i.e. Robe of Glowing Stone off Morchok).

See: http://ptr.wowhead.com/items=4.1?fil...rs=1:2;crv=0:0
    I'm basing it on http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...3#post13879613

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Almost every item on the 4.3 PTR that is on the VP vendor has a 384 and 410 version, often they are slightly different to the 397 version (which actually exists in game) as they have been updated with sockets etc. There is currently no way to acquire any of the stuff listed in my link as "vendor" sourced in the 410 and 384 versions on the PTR, although this is subject to change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    I had the exact same thing happen to me over the spirit cloth legs in normal VP at level 84. Well, he didn't rage, he just begged me to pass them to him.

There is no level cap on failing to read tooltips.

15+ Year Old Account
    it's clear that the role bonus works based on role chosen and class. (priest dps gets to roll for spirit while a mage does not)
    But can anyone confirm how it works when an elemental shaman rolls on an enhancement item? Since it's the same class and both would choose DPS as role.