Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

No MMR reset with S11, ramifications

Matchmaking Ratings will carry over when Season 11 begins, but all Team and Personal Ratings will be wiped.
    The mistake of Season 10, is happening again. Another season of rewarding those who cheated, of making it too difficult to climb from low MMR and way to easy at high MMR.

When those teams in S9 exploited their mmr so it got really high it had a widespread affect on other players. As anyone who faced that team then had their MMR affected because of that exploit. Or a team facing a team who before had gone against an MMR exploiter. Team A exploits to 3k mmr, Team B fights Team A and is rewarded based on that 3k mmr, Team C fights Team B and is rewarded based on Team B's MMR which is now higher due to Team As exploiting. Causing all teams to have MMRs that are the result of exploiting.

Not resetting MMR has been terrible for season 10. There has been a clear problem with teams sitting on high rating, who do not even have a positive win record. A problem with teams with relatively high win/loss not being able to climb past 2300-2400. A huge problem with the amount of teams around 2200 and the difficulty for low mmr teams to climb, even with good win/loss. I believe these problems are a symptom of the MMR abuse of S9, and the lack of a reset, and as we go into S11 it seems that it still won't be fixed.

Why do you think Blizzard is not resetting MMR? and How do you think it will affect S11?

Update:
    They have decided to reset PR according to the Season 10 ending Blue Post as of 11-10-11 at 2:46 pst.

Matchmaking (MMR), Team, and Personal Ratings will all be wiped when Season 11 begins.
    Glorious news! Sanity prevails for once.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2011-11-10 at 11:25 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

I hope it is for some sinister later to be revealed plot of monitoring all the people who have exploited, then banning their accounts right after they pay for MoP and activate it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I hope it is for some sinister later to be revealed plot of monitoring all the people who have exploited, then banning their accounts right after they pay for MoP and activate it.
    Oh god, that looks like a plausible idea, thats funny.

user infracted for trolling - sb
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-11-09 at 10:23 PM.

Deleted
    i belive its a missguided way of trying to make it easier for newbies starting pvp.

Deleted
    But all that would happen if they DID set MMR again was folks would cheat their way up bringing more with them. This way a guy with a high MMR character has no way to keep it artificially high. They have to play games and will tank rating.

I'm really dissapointed this time.. Though it was kinda obvious that they HAD to reset the mmr!

Dont u get any knowledge from ur mistakes Blizz?

Deleted
    seems like the subscriber loss still isn't enough for them.

USER INFRACTED for 'Trolling' - SB
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-11-09 at 10:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    seems like the subscriber loss still isn't enough for them.
    Yeah, choices whether or not to nuke the MMR rating at the beginning of a season will surely force THOUSANDS to stop playing, whereas the option they didn't do would've kept them playing.

Keep it real if you're gonna complain like a stoner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezool View Post
    Keep it real if you're gonna complain like a stoner.

i'm not complaining. i don't pvp so i don't care. but i read the forums.

The reason it was so shit in s10 is because they didn't fix the system until teams already had 3K+ teams. Now that the MMR system has been altered, and people actually have to grind up again, I think it will resolve itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's probably true that they're not resetting MMR, however the news post was an exact copy and paste from last season's news post:

It's very important for players who feel that they may be eligible for Arena titles and/or the Vicious Gladiator’s Twilight Drake to refrain from
    So I *guess* it's possible they left the MMR carrying over bit in by accident.

Maybe :X

I hope they don't expect to reset it midseason lol...

Edit nice find seejay.

Most likely MMR is treated like progression between tiers. Yes people cheated in S9. But people who built their MMR in previous seasons should have an easier time in the following seasons. This also in turn brings more players to higher ratings over time. Its not as hard to hit 2200 as it was years ago. And more players achieving more of the game is what blizzard likes. ./thread

10+ Year Old Account
    u jelly?

why would personal progress should be wiped?

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Um....blizzard doesn't care about PvP? I mean, should be really, really obvious by now. Examples- frost mages, not doing anything about mmr, and smokebomb.
    lol. Please refer to the MoP talent changes. PvP is much more balanced and cared for than the ignorant forum trollers say it is.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This with a 1week notice it's terrible design. The rank1 teams will be able to gain rating within the first days again.
    Was gonna push RMP to gladiator within the next week JK our rogues screen broke yesterday and 6days left to push from 2200 with shit mmr and no queues. GG cy@.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    u jelly?

why would personal progress should be wiped?
    I think explained it rather succinctly; because people have exploited it to ill effect.

It sucks for those who've done it legitimately, but hey - if you're that good, you can get back to it, right?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard better think twice about this. How the hell can they not reset MMR?

This is so frustrating. 800k subs lost in Q3 and they're going to pull this shit?

There is no logical reason to keep MMR when so many people have cheated for R1 titles.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.