Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Wow, just wow....

    This is one of the most obscure, inaccurate, 'pulled the shit straight out of your ass' views I have ever seen posted here... And thats saying a lot on mmo champ....


    Sorry to tell you, but no. You are wrong. If this isn't a troll post (being that its even border line racist... to multiple races... I just can't place how, the post is just to non-nonsensical) then you have gotten so very lost somewhere along the way.

    Inter-racial relationships have been accepted and going on for a while now. If you think they are still not really accepted or the norm, I question where you live and if it has been under a rock...

    Asian culture (even more so then most other cultures) is very very widely followed by westerners:
    Video games being probably one of the biggest areas considering that the majority of video games (specially throughout the 90s) has been either American or Japanese made (with few exceptions, but I am talking about big game companies)
    Anime has a huge following in the states, not to mention across the world.
    The samurai warrior culture (as well as ninjas) have been greatly admired for many years now

    And I could go on and on. So, pretty much in conclusion, I dont know how to convince you otherwise, but you are wrong. So very wrong.
    You opinion is greatly flawed and shared by a very small minority.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    You are free to dislike it.

    But I reserve the right to question your intellect when you say you don't like it because of something it has nothing in common with.

    It's like if I said I won't eat rice because it reminds me of potatoes.
    Dude that's not the point he's making. He's saying he doesn't like the anime style, which has its roots in the asian methods of drawing and delivering the images...as well as the method of telling the story.

    He's simply associating Japanese anime with asian as a whole, rightful or wrong(we know there's chinese, vietnamese, the list goes on forever, each with it's distinctive culture). If he already dislikes asian culture, he's not being racist for it's own sake. He just simply doesn't like it, and wants a more western WoW. That doesn't make some stupider than you.

  3. #63
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,392
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/11/06/kn...is-of-azeroth/

    If you have the time, read this. It may make you feel better about the pandas. Even if it is speculation, i think its really does a good job connecting the dots and even gives the pandas importance.

  4. #64
    High Overlord Krunks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    Dude that's not the point he's making. He's saying he doesn't like the anime style, which has its roots in the asian methods of drawing and delivering the images...as well as the method of telling the story.

    He's simply associating Japanese anime with asian as a whole, rightful or wrong(we know there's chinese, vietnamese, the list goes on forever, each with it's distinctive culture). If he already dislikes asian culture, he's not being racist for it's own sake. He just simply doesn't like it, and wants a more western WoW. That doesn't make some stupider than you.
    See? It's so easy to understand.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunks View Post
    Don't go around questioning my intellect if you don't see the point I'm trying to make. Chinese culture is asian. Anime is asian. See where I'm going with this?
    Russians are Asian

  6. #66
    Blademaster nurabsal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burning Legion
    Posts
    30
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero

    I've been known to make the occasional tag. PM me a ss, and if I like it I'll make you 1

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by alien1099 View Post
    People, including you, see racism where they want to for some idiotic reason. Where I looked at something as a 30 year old white male and couldn't give a rat's ass, you have formed some idiotic opinion and theory based on your own stupid ideas and perceived connections about race and skin color.

    Please keep this kind of idiocy to yourself. It's people like you that ruin a lot of things for people based on some insane ideas you come up with in the back of your mind.
    And if you "didn't give a rat's ass" why are you responding? You DO care. This has nothing to do with race or skin color. This has to do with the general reaction to MoP. Much of it is negative. Can you explain why? I've done my piece, and BTW it's a free country.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunks View Post
    Don't go around questioning my intellect if you don't see the point I'm trying to make. Chinese culture is asian. Anime is asian. See where I'm going with this?
    So basically your prejudice to asian culture? That is a pretty bad comparison. Chinese and Japanese cultures are different. Anime is japanese, not chinese. I suggest you modify your stance to "I don't like Asian culture." That makes more sense than "MoP reminds me of anime, and I hate that." "But anime is japanese, this is clearly representing chinese culture" and you respond "Chinese is asian, anime is asian."

    Again, cut the crap and just say it. Don't make piss poor comparisons to water down the fact that you just don't like the culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

  9. #69
    Dreadlord Brettshock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Cloud District
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunks View Post
    Don't go around questioning my intellect if you don't see the point I'm trying to make. Chinese culture is asian. Anime is asian. See where I'm going with this?
    Chinese culture is Chinese, Anime is Japanese. Clumping together thousands of years of culture into one word 'Asian' is fairly rude.

  10. #70
    High Overlord Krunks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
    Russians are Asian
    What exactly does this have to do with what I was saying? I'll say it again: I have nothing against asians, I respect but dislike their culture.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

  11. #71
    Or... maybe... it has to do with the fact that it looks very reminiscent of Kung Fu Panda and not a Tolkien'eque+ world.

    Even though I like MoP and the Pandaren... I always say it's not the Pandas that are the thing people are complaining about with Mists... Pandas are just the personified poster child for the whole entire expansion theme and visual seemingly "kid friendly" style that people don't like.

    And I understand where they're coming from. People say "WoW natrually looks like it has visually cartoony/whimsical graphics" I have to disagree with on this. In Wrath, they were able to make a kick-ass race of large Nordic Viking Barbarians in the same graphic style AND yet make them quite serious looking! With the Pandaren, they could've made them look a bit more like "Dynasty Warriors" instead of "Kung Fu Panda".
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Riiight. the NElf buildings and roof look nothing like classic Japanese architecture.




    Yep, you're 100% correct again!!! These don't remotely resemble one another!! On another note... You agree with the hate on Ninjas. So, out of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which one was the white Western guy, and who were his sidekicks?


    And I can't stop laughing at people not wanting to play a game that looks anime-ish, so instead they'll play one that looks cartoon-ish.
    THIS is exaclty what i hate. Night elves can be 100% japanese for all i care but night elves AREN'T pushed in my face like pandarens are!

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Why, I'm not sarcastic at all!! I truly believe that the OP is completely logical in his comments, and has thoroughly researched his point of view in order to bring a well-informed stance to the attention of the kind and caring people on MMO-champ!! After all, only a true prophet like D_K_night could solve all of our problems by informing us of the reason people hate Mists of Pandaria. It clearly isn't about mechanics. It isn't because some people feel that Pandarens were simply a prank. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the focus has been on Pandaren and Monks with little else to show. And, most importantly, it isn't incorrect in the least bit because people are actually looking forward to MoP and Pandaren, since Pandaren was the most requested thing to add to WoW... No, no. Clearly, the issue is that no one likes MoP or Pandaren simply because they're Asian, and the white gamer is clearly not ready for any sort of incorporation of the Asian society into our own. For that matter, we should take this to the next level. We should boycott Thunderbluff because we already eradicated the Native Americans, due to not approving of their culture. That's perfectly reasonable, right? I mean, otherwise, it would be offensive to our White Western heritage.

    -__-
    I'm kind of with this guys side on the thread. How would you guys react to asian themes flaring up Lord of The Rings? Yea that's how i'm seeing it here and WoW. But I'm excited for a new plot and theme in the game! So I'm also going to embrace the new expansion!

  14. #74
    Dreadlord Brettshock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Cloud District
    Posts
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    And if you "didn't give a rat's ass" why are you responding? You DO care. This has nothing to do with race or skin color. This has to do with the general reaction to MoP. Much of it is negative. Can you explain why? I've done my piece, and BTW it's a free country.
    Forums aren't part of the 'free country' you're talking about. They're privately owned, and you can be kicked out at the drop of a hat.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    And if you "didn't give a rat's ass" why are you responding? You DO care. This has nothing to do with race or skin color. This has to do with the general reaction to MoP. Much of it is negative. Can you explain why? I've done my piece, and BTW it's a free country.
    I didn't even KNOW it was an issue with anybody until I saw this post on the main page. I had to see what this was all about. I read your post and thought holy shit this is some of the stupidest shit I've read in a while. Please reassess your world view. It is wrong.

  16. #76
    Don't think I've ever seen someone unknowingly be so horrendously biased, generalized, and bigoted as this OP on these forums.

    That's saying a lot. You should take your baseless judgments of the player base and keep them to yourself. Your reasoning might as well have been: "wow players don't like MoP" & "MoP is asian based" -> "wow players are racist against asians." Actually, scratch that, that was exactly your reasoning. Grow a brain, and try to not be such a judgmental prick.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunks View Post
    What exactly does this have to do with what I was saying? I'll say it again: I have nothing against asians, I respect but dislike their culture.
    The fact that you are grossly generalizing/stereotyping many cultures into one. It's almost as offensive as the OP train of thought.

  18. #78
    High Overlord Krunks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    So basically your prejudice to asian culture? That is a pretty bad comparison. Chinese and Japanese cultures are different. Anime is japanese, not chinese. I suggest you modify your stance to "I don't like Asian culture." That makes more sense than "MoP reminds me of anime, and I hate that." "But anime is japanese, this is clearly representing chinese culture" and you respond "Chinese is asian, anime is asian."

    Again, cut the crap and just say it. Don't make piss poor comparisons to water down the fact that you just don't like the culture.
    I said it two times already. I don't like the culture, but I respect it. I don't want it shoved in my face, which is why I'm not buying MoP.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by floramon View Post
    Activision Blizzard latest earning call revealed that World of Warcraft lost another 800,000 subscribers last quarter, following the loss of 300k subscribers announced last quarter and 600k loss from the quarter before that. This brings us to 1.7 million subscribers lost in the last 3 quarters. Some things they made note of on the call:

    Most of the subscriptions were lost in China.

    Since they lost many China players, they try to attract them back to WoW, that's why MoP has strong Asian theme. They assumed China (Asia) players liked Pokemon and Panda.
    Except the theme was probably already set before Cataclysm was even released, so this doesn't make any sense. They've already been working on MoP before we even heard about the first quarter subscription losses, which were not primarily in China.

  20. #80
    Wow you are full of something nasty. I don't know what "Cuacasians" you know but they're not representative. I never did get how people group people attributes based on their skin colour. Take your offensive words elsewhere.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •