Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

New Templar's Verdict spell effect incoming :D

Q: Forgive my obsession with visuals: any chance Templar's Verdict will get a new spell effect/animation in the near future? It feels wimpy!
    A: We know Retadins love their Divine Storm, so we want to make TV use a similar graphic (perhaps just one spinny hammer) so both finishers will have the same feel. DS goes back to a finisher in 5.0 since Ret and Prot both have Hammer of the Righteous. We are looking a lot at spell effects for melee in 5.0 since their attacks just aren't as flashy as the casters'.
    yess! i <3 divine storm, hope this lives up to it

Quote Originally Posted by deathtrigger View Post
    yess! i <3 divine storm, hope this lives up to it
    Very stoked. Hope they deliver on this.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Time to go OS Ret! >.>;;

I wish prot had super fancy spell effects like ret. In 4.3 we just get a new "ching!" sound for SotR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allerix View Post
    Time to go OS Ret! >.>;;

I wish prot had super fancy spell effects like ret.
    Avengers Shield?
    TBH, even tho I don't play pala (or, I do, but rarely), it's going to be nice!
    Making your GIF Avatar to 20kb is hard. Especially when the original is 504kb

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me for being the pessimist, but i would rather they work on fixing the actual problems of the class rather than give us flashy animations.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    Forgive me for being the pessimist, but i would rather they work on fixing the actual problems of the class rather than give us flashy animations.
    You know there are different teams that work on visual effects and other that works on class development.
    And its not only TV getting new effects,its a lot more melee attacks.

Deleted
    BUT, isnt the reason u play ret the flashy light animations...?

if not, wth would you play ret if u dont like the look or feel of it? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... Let me answer that with the following:
    A) The Lore
    B) The concept of the player who can dps but support your team with helpful spells such as hands, heals and blessings
    C) The Lore
    D) A dps who can spot heal pretty effectively if talented correctly (but with a notable DPS penalty)
    E) The Lore
    F) A righteous knight who judges his/her opponents with holy magic and uses big A$$ two handers to smash faces in.
    G) The guy who silently will help a raid avoid a wipe or help a buddy in PVP with the odd hand or two without the need for blinding people with a gazillion pixiles of flashy light covering the screen when we are on P2 of a boss fight..

Hope you get the gist of why i choose to play a Ret Paladin, and if i wanted flashy animations i would have levelled a priest. That said and done, yes melee do need some love when it comes to an overhaul of the animation styles etc., but if at the next expansion all we get in class notes is:

TV has a new animation and Inquisition has a Glyph, i will be one of those on the bandwagon saying "I told you so".
    Last edited by Johnpreston; 2011-11-10 at 01:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My paladin = WoW to me.

4.5 years on one char, the one I enjoyed the most, the one I knew the ins and outs of.

When the design quality dipped below what I deemed acceptable, I canceled my sub.

As to the topic of discussion:

It's all good and well, but I'd gladly give up the new spell animation and keep the old one if it mean that Ret could receive some of the design elegance and combat utility similar to Rogues or DKs.

It's tiring being the one-trick "burst or die" pony for years.

I'd also gladly trade the animation if Holy Power was made a deeper and more interesting resource in exchange.

I just hope this isn't a case of "throw the dog a bone so he'll shut up".
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Maybe I'm one of the very few, but I don't like Divine Storms spin animation for other spells. It works for it as it is AoE. But for a single target Spell? I don't want a spinning hammer.

Also, on a note, we gain a finisher, lose a filler. I'm worried about the fact we learn Divine Storm is a finisher than we getting a new Animation for Templar's Verdict.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Maybe I'm one of the very few, but I don't like Divine Storms spin animation for other spells. It works for it as it is AoE. But for a single target Spell? I don't want a spinning hammer.

Also, on a note, we gain a finisher, lose a filler. I'm worried about the fact we learn Divine Storm is a finisher than we getting a new Animation for Templar's Verdict.
    They just said that the TV animation will be in line with the DS animation, not that they were cut and pasting it.

Also your concern is unfounded. As stated, the new paradigm will be:

Single target HoPo generator/finisher: Crusader Strike & Templar's Verdict.
    AoE HoPo generator/finisher: Hammer of the Righteous & Divine Storm.

That said, we still have plenty to be concerned about. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Camaris View Post
    They just said that the TV animation will be in line with the DS animation, not that they were cut and pasting it.

Also your concern is unfounded. As stated, the new paradigm will be:

Single target HoPo generator/finisher: Crusader Strike & Templar's Verdict.
    AoE HoPo generator/finisher: Hammer of the Righteous & Divine Storm.

That said, we still have plenty to be concerned about. ;-)
    Holy Wrath will be a Holy only spell. We are losing a spell. I was kind of hoping Hammer of Wrath or Divine Storm was replacing it, but this kind of shows otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Holy Wrath will be a Holy only spell. We are losing a spell. I was kind of hoping Hammer of Wrath or Divine Storm was replacing it, but this kind of shows otherwise.
    Oh dear god, are you defending Holy Wrath?

You are now my personal enemy.

It's the worst spell in the universe as far as I'm concerned, I'll be a happy man if never had to press it as part of my rotation ever again.

The dev that decided to put it into the paladin rotation in the first place should be smacked over the ass with a ping pong paddle until (s)he is unable to sit.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    I dont want any spell effects if they will make us a bit more viable.

I heard that Animators very often work on core class design and balance. True story.

Wouldn't get your hopes up, they promised druids updated travel form and warlocks updated demon models years ago...

just because they "want" to do something doesn't mean they ever get around to it.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

I miss the old hammer of righteous' animation. Thats the one that does the big circle aoe animation right? Well whatever one that is, before cata the animation used to be like gold hammers bouncing around to each target. I miss that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    I miss the old hammer of righteous' animation. Thats the one that does the big circle aoe animation right? Well whatever one that is, before cata the animation used to be like gold hammers bouncing around to each target. I miss that
    Golden hammers were in Divine Storm's animation... and still are.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Golden hammers were in Divine Storm's animation... and still are.
    He was referring to the old Hammer of the Righteous animation I believe, back when it only hit 3(4) targets. It was basically just a judgement-type hammer that chained from the first target to the next few.

Now that it can hit an unlimited number of targets I doubt we will see that return lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    He was referring to the old Hammer of the Righteous animation I believe, back when it only hit 3(4) targets. It was basically just a judgement-type hammer that chained from the first target to the next few.

Now that it can hit an unlimited number of targets I doubt we will see that return lol.
    Oh crap I forgot all about that.

Freaking Cataclysm has made me forget every good thing that came before that evil expansion... the blood boil copypaste animation is all that came up in my mind's eye when HotR was mentioned.

Only after you said it bounced from target to target did I recall the previous one.