Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    I imagine the elder dragons view the mortal races as we do with ants, insignificant. I mean, one of the dragons flew over the land, rupturing the land, turning it into purple crystal, but yet it didn't care one way or another about it.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    We dont know much about the dragon's motivations. Its entierly possible that they have their own agenda with eachother and dont see the mortal races as any more important than we would view ants. You may stomp on ants if they get in your way or if they anoy you but its not worth the effort to wipe them all out. If they are fighting eachother its also possible that the reason we only see minions for the most part is they are useing said minions for a proxy war. As massive and powerful as the dragons are said to be a direct conflict between 2 or more could destroy the teretory they are fighting over leading them to not want to engage eachother directly.
    Now I want to see two Elder Dragons fight it in the game so badly.

    It would be awesome. We would all die, but it would be awesome.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Mighty Blue Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,755
    I could theorize about all this, but I'm going to play through Guild Wars 2 when it comes out and see what happens.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Nothing being confused with Deathwing, these might have other motives with Tyria, besides screwing up the world. Let's wait for the release mm-kay?
    I was thinking that, but why raise an undead army, send your champions on various settlements in Tyria (Tequatl, The Shatterer, etc.) and commit other hostile actions like that if you had other intentions. I know that they aren't like Deathwing, but they're still obvious enemies. But I guess, like most people have said, we won't know until the actual game comes out. That won't still my curiosity though. =P

  5. #25
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I was thinking that, but why raise an undead army, send your champions on various settlements in Tyria (Tequatl, The Shatterer, etc.) and commit other hostile actions like that if you had other intentions. I know that they aren't like Deathwing, but they're still obvious enemies. But I guess, like most people have said, we won't know until the actual game comes out. That won't still my curiosity though. =P
    Well tequatl and te shatterer aren't their champions, their just minions... And the shatterer/tequatl are both at the end of a dynamic event chain so why they show up we don't really know yet, but we learn from one of the books that the dragon spawn don't really leave their territory much
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Well tequatl and te shatterer aren't their champions, their just minions... And the shatterer/tequatl are both at the end of a dynamic event chain so why they show up we don't really know yet, but we learn from one of the books that the dragon spawn don't really leave their territory much
    I thought that they were. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_champion Although since it's the wiki and not an official source it may not be entirely accurate. So that could easily be wrong. But yeah, I guess we really don't know about their motives at all. They do appear to be in their respective territories though, like you said. Perhaps that's all they're doing for now. Until the game launches anyway. =)

  7. #27
    I remember in Edge of Destiny, it seemed like Kralkatorrik retreated because it got beat up, but that was like 5-6 years before the events of Ghosts of Ascalon.. Maybe it's still licking its wounds? I've been wondering about this too though. Hoping there's an awesome explanation when we get in game.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I remember in Edge of Destiny, it seemed like Kralkatorrik retreated because it got beat up, but that was like 5-6 years before the events of Ghosts of Ascalon.. Maybe it's still licking its wounds? I've been wondering about this too though. Hoping there's an awesome explanation when we get in game.
    Lol beat up is a bit of an understatement... But that would explain why he's seemin less active then jormag or zhaitain
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  9. #29
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tichondrius-U.S.
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Here's video that show Kralkatorrik from GW1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UaSyjWE#t=177s, give some idea of scale of these. In the end of that video it show pale tree too.
    I haven't had time to read through guild wars lore but that video was amazing and makes me want to play gw1.

    If this thread doesn't get people excited about playing gw2 then I don't know what will. Who doesn't love massive dragons?

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I was thinking that, but why raise an undead army, send your champions on various settlements in Tyria (Tequatl, The Shatterer, etc.) and commit other hostile actions like that if you had other intentions. I know that they aren't like Deathwing, but they're still obvious enemies. But I guess, like most people have said, we won't know until the actual game comes out. That won't still my curiosity though. =P
    Considering the event chain that spawns Tequatl has to do with undead trying to take over and the players beating them back we can make a few guesses. Tequatl could have been sent to take over that marsh to prepare it for some grand plan of the elder dragon. T then sends in the undead hoard under his command to start converting the area, incidentaly wipeing out the pests that live there. Said pests (us and the frogies) fight back and push his minions back into the sea causeing him to come out and deal with us personaly. Like I said earlier its very easy to create a senario where the elder dragons are following their own agenda ignoring the mortals and the elder dragons and their greater champions only show up to deal with us when we disrupt those plans. still pure speculation but plausable.

    Who is John Galt?

  11. #31
    Fluffy Kitten Bloodhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I thought that they were. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_champion Although since it's the wiki and not an official source it may not be entirely accurate. So that could easily be wrong. But yeah, I guess we really don't know about their motives at all. They do appear to be in their respective territories though, like you said. Perhaps that's all they're doing for now. Until the game launches anyway. =)
    They are. The Shatterer is Kralkatorrik's Champion, but The Shatterer isn't the name of the dragon. <quote> There must always be... *lightning* a Shatterer. <endofquote> If the Shatterer dies, a new Dragon will take his place and earn the title to name itself The Shatterer.

    Tequatl is Zhaitans Luitenant AND Champion. This kinda hints me that the Elder Dragons have more than 1 champion/bigbaddragon. And I like that thought.

    Tomoko Eternal Life, Kilik Eternal Sun, Eira Frozen Hearted, Ashara Emberlight,
    Vuug The Deceiver, Grash Gravebuilder, Asgaut Divine Soul, Lera Dreamstealer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •