Page 1 of 2
LastLast

<<For..Ev..ER!>>

Okay, so I woke up today from a huge nap and thought to myself, how long exactly is forever? When you die, you come to see you only lived a comparison of a piece of dirt compared to the entire earth, length in history. So after you pass, can you just imagine nothingness for eternity... it goes so beyond the mind its unimaginable... any other thoughts?

Please don't bring religion into this, or different theory's.

I don't think there can be any other thoughts. Eternity is unimaginable.

10+ Year Old Account

or even better, simply this...

Since we can't share theories etc, because you specifically asked;
    Please don't bring religion into this, or different theory's.
    this is all I got! ~.^
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2011-11-10 at 05:09 AM.

Sugarlily already won the thread. Nothing more can be said about it.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Greg Graffin (writer, front man, and vocalist of Bad Religion) said it pretty good when he said, or sang as it may be, "eternity my friend is a long fucking time"

10+ Year Old Account
    Forever is a fragment of time of which has no ending, and is determined by the possibility of time being endless.

That's about it.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

I think of forever as until our solar system basically turns into nothing but darkness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I think of forever as until our solar system basically turns into nothing but darkness
    Well even after our solar system ends, time will still flow, our time may end but time itself won't.
    IF I HAD ONE

10+ Year Old Account
    rein carnation - my favorite flower

Eternity is just an idea, not a number. You can't assign any type of value to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sathanis View Post
    Eternity is just an idea, not a number. You can't assign any type of value to it.
    Indeed Eternity isn't of numerical value; but it is of a figment or ideal of time.
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    Well even after our solar system ends, time will still flow, our time may end but time itself won't.
    Yeah but where you existed is now nothingness in the middle of nothingness. Time is pretty irrelevant if there's nothing to gauge said time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    Yeah but where you existed is now nothingness in the middle of nothingness. Time is pretty irrelevant if there's nothing to gauge said time.
    True, I'll be gone, my existence would be nothing; but time is still ticking, there may be no clock but it's there nonetheless.
    IF I HAD ONE

I'm not convinced 'forever' exists. At least not the way we think about it. Even if everything manages to disappear, how can you measure time when there is nothing relative to it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Looq View Post
    I'm not convinced 'forever' exists. At least not the way we think about it. Even if everything manages to disappear, how can you measure time when there is nothing relative to it?
    If everything for a hypothetical debate disappeared, all the Planets, Stars, cosmic dust etc etc.
    Just up and vanished and there was nothing but emptyness; time itself would still be there, you may not agree with me; but some sort of time is always going a measure of time will go on and on, nothing could be in a room but time would continue no? Same is with blank empty space; nothing to fill it but time ticks on.
    IF I HAD ONE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy View Post
    True, I'll be gone, my existence would be nothing; but time is still ticking, there may be no clock but it's there nonetheless.
    Well. Some theories go that time and space came into being at the same time. Logically, if our universe was to cease existing, wouldn't time also?
    After all, time is just space.

Forever just means until time is over, but time in physics like that is difficult to define in relation to how we perceive it. It's safe to say however that if there's no universe, there's no time either.

Forever is nigh impossible to thoroughly define and explain in detail. Time will continue in one way or another, you cannot stop time. This makes my brain hurt just thinking about it! Same thing with thinking about traveling in one direction in space forever you will NEVER come back to the same position, unlike traveling around the world, you'll eventually make it back to your starting position. But that's for another discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Troll Rogue View Post
    Forever is nigh impossible to thoroughly define and explain in detail. Time will continue in one way or another, you cannot stop time. This makes my brain hurt just thinking about it! Same thing with thinking about traveling in one direction in space forever you will NEVER come back to the same position, unlike traveling around the world, you'll eventually make it back to your starting position. But that's for another discussion.
    That's the question isn't it. If time and space are linked together. If they are, that'd mean time would disappear along with our universe.

Deleted
    have you thought about.... 5EVER!?