Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Heroic Rag can really be somewhat of a culture shock
    This is honestly what I believe to be one of the problems. Once everyone is given easy access to the last encounter which is a big jump from the others, you'll suddenly have many who aren't used to such fights working on it. I don't currently see it being much different from the other end bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by tasi View Post
    IMO the fight should have been nerfed harder. phase 4 has almost been untouched (apart from nerfing this hp but that has never been the issue) and that's a mistake i think. i think making frost breadth a little bit bigger and making the 1st dreadflames spawn ~20sec later (basically after deluge has spawned), would be enough to bring phase 4 down to a reasonable difficulty compared to the rest of the fight.
    I think heroic fights where a single person can easily cause a wipe in multiple ways do have their place in this game. Each and every fight shouldn't be like that, but you need an encounter now and then which really makes you separate the good from the bad. Bob who gets leeway on other encounters and suddenly has to run from the seeds might just show his true colours. End boss of a tier is a fitting choice for this.

I also believe that Ragnaros is currently in a reasonable position difficulty-wise (at least on 25-man). There is no longer a dps race to face so all you have left is the execution. Out of your suggestions, frost breadth is the only one which I can understand yet still don't see as necessary. Only reason to fail empowered is bad execution and due to the health nerf the dreadflame is much more controlled, even though pushing back the first flames and then making the ones after that spawn teeny weeny bit faster doesn't necessarily sound like such a bad idea either.

Deleted
    wow really must say wow palyers have become increasingly more whiny during the course of this game and seems everything need to be fed by spoon these days.

it's actualy kinda simple: "THE BOSS HAS BEEN KILLED PLENTILY ALREADY" many a guild has managed to kill Ragnaros already IE. he is nowhere near too hard, ragnaros is EXACTLY what he should be and EXACTLY what HC LK was atleast untill the buff became too severe, a way to seperate the truely skilled players from the grinders who can bruteforce their way through anything by mindless whiping. i myself doesn't necessarily belong in the first of these groups like i used to but people honestly, sure ragnaros is on a whole different level of difficulty but the problem is nowhere near the ragnaros encounter, the problem is every other encounter being a pisstake.

i don't know how many people remain from the good old Vanilla C'thun days but seeing how many people are complaining i'd say not alot.
    if you EVER tried C'thun at the current gear lvls you would probably never complain about the difficulty of ANYTHING inside this game ever again. saying that bosses needs nerfs because people are stuck 2 months on it is really just pointless whining from people incapable of handling what the boss actualy is. this encounter makes it possible for the elites to seperate themselves from the averages in the same way that kel'thuzad and C'thun did in vanilla and is something that is LONG overdue, i'd even dare say the most recent resemblence is from Lady Vashj in SSC back in TBC as i think even LK HC wasn't compareable. i myself have not killed HC Raggy yet and am definitely not sure i will in this current gear lvl and i'm fine with that cause i am not the elite player i was 3 years ago.

so as for all you whiners please sop complaining when stuff is hard but easily proven killable.
    PEACE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    This is honestly what I believe to be one of the problems. Once everyone is given easy access to the last encounter which is a big jump from the others, you'll suddenly have many who aren't used to such fights working on it. I don't currently see it being much different from the other end bosses.

I think heroic fights where a single person can easily cause a wipe in multiple ways do have their place in this game. Each and every fight shouldn't be like that, but you need an encounter now and then which really makes you separate the good from the bad. Bob who gets leeway on other encounters and suddenly has to run from the seeds might just show his true colours. End boss of a tier is a fitting choice for this.

I also believe that Ragnaros is currently in a reasonable position difficulty-wise (at least on 25-man). There is no longer a dps race to face so all you have left is the execution. Out of your suggestions, frost breadth is the only one which I can understand. Only reason to fail empowered is bad execution and due to the health nerf the dreadflame is much more controlled, even though pushing back the first flames and then making the ones after that spawn teeny weeny bit faster doesn't necessarily sound like such a bad idea either.
    To be honest, that's the part I disliked the most about p4. It's a separate encounter for the different people in your raid doing the very distinct jobs. Your tanks taunt swap the boss when Empower Sulfuras comes out, and you'll have one healer assigned to the one taunting off the MT. They do their own thing. Then you have the dreadflame guy(s) doing something entirely on their own. Even the meteor is rather isolating. You'll have one or two ranged assigned to knocking it off. You just tell the person it's currently on to run it out when it gets too close.

None of that is very interrelated, and it's just completely independent and largely unrelated jobs that easily wipe the raid when messed up even remotely.

I just never liked p4 and found it to be kind of uninteresting. It's very challenging and difficult, sure, but it's just not very compelling, in my opinion.

Also, Rag's enormous fucking hitbox really messes up the Roots mechanic, and is so, so, SO annoying...T_T

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, the problem here is the fact that so many guilds are 6/7 HC that never would have been prior to the nerfs. These are the kinds of guilds who otherwise would never even have been able to attempt a boss like Heroic Rag much less kill him. The fact is, there needs to be a gradual build up in difficultly to the final boss--and since the nerfs there really is just none of that. The first 6 bosses literally just fall over.

I actually really like Heroic Rag, I think he's more entertaining than any of the end bosses were last tier anyway.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Quote Originally Posted by PHsname View Post
    To be honest, that's the part I disliked the most about p4. It's a separate encounter for the different people in your raid doing the very distinct jobs. Your tanks taunt swap the boss when Empower Sulfuras comes out, and you'll have one healer assigned to the one taunting off the MT. They do their own thing. Then you have the dreadflame guy(s) doing something entirely on their own. Even the meteor is rather isolating. You'll have one or two ranged assigned to knocking it off. You just tell the person it's currently on to run it out when it gets too close.

None of that is very interrelated, and it's just completely independent and largely unrelated jobs that easily wipe the raid when messed up even remotely.
    I like the occasional boss fight designed like that. The whole raid group having to multitask in smaller groups is a fun concept and could be used more imaginatively, maybe even more often.

Also, Rag's enormous fucking hitbox really messes up the Roots mechanic, and is so, so, SO annoying...T_T
    Trust me, his extremely small original hitbox was probably more of an annoyance.
    At least if you ask some melee of ours.

10+ Year Old Account

I just never liked p4 and found it to be kind of uninteresting. It's very challenging and difficult, sure, but it's just not very compelling, in my opinion.

It was much worse before they tripled his hitbox. Melee spent half the fight out of range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad players who cannot overcome a challenge asking for the challenge to be nerfed. More news at 11.