Skyrim Arrives a Day Early

Was looking over Skyrim on Steam, and noticed it says "Available November 10th, 2011". I thought the official release was the 11th -.^

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    They were selling it on Tuesday allready in the Netherlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    The release is based off the east coast. So if you are in an earlier timezone, you will get it early relative to the east.

Due to some regions/retailers releasing Skyrim early many other areas are releasing Skyrim earlier. Chances are that they are moving the steam release a head a bit for those who cant play yet due to the restriction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh what the fuck, Bethesda. For me, it still says November 11th. WHY DON'T I GET IT EARLY TOO?! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaosbringer View Post
    Due to some regions/retailers releasing Skyrim early many other areas are releasing Skyrim earlier. Chances are that they are moving the steam release a head a bit for those who cant play yet due to the restriction.
    yeah basically this.
    someone broke the street date so all retailers are aloud to sell it early.
    it was probably Kmart because they are notorious for breaking street dates.
    they sold MW3 2 days early despitethe giant stickers that say "DO NOT SELL BEFORE STREET DATE!"
    or the massive fines

/jelly

I've ordered mine off of Amazon. I keep hoping that they might just send it early by accident, instead of having me wait an extra 2-3 days due to shipping. I've heard it happening before so I can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Julian View Post
    Was looking over Skyrim on Steam, and noticed it says "Available November 10th, 2011". I thought the official release was the 11th -.^
    10th as in Nov 10th at mid-night on steam.

Basically meaning 11th

I live in Australia and it says the 10th for me. In the store page it says it is approximately 6 hours away, which will be pretty much exactly midnight. So yeah I think it is just saying that it will unlock as soon as it ticks over to the 11th.

Deleted
    Available: 11 November 2011
    This game will unlock in approximately 15 hours

Is what my steam says (UK - just coming up to 10am here)

Deleted
    Heh, I have a lecture on Friday so I'll be picking up my copy of Skyrim afterwards. I'm sure I'll be distracted throughout my lecture, though. I could go to the midnight release but getting home would be very awkward. Not to mention it'd be bloody freezing and I'd prefer the luxury of grabbing Skyrim, a bite to eat, a nice coffee and then going home with some snacks and supplies to play it over the weekend.

A good friend pre-ordered it. He got it yesterday(09:11:11/11:09:11) Im damn jelly

Deleted
    I do hope that stronger measures are put in place regarding the prevention of games being released early.

For weeks now I've seen the date change to 10 November, back to 11 then back to 10 again.. and it's not just Skyrim, but all unreleased games. It's probably just a timezone bug with their site. I don't think Bethesda is that nice to release the game early on Steam because stores broke the street date, but maybe I'm wrong. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    I do hope that stronger measures are put in place regarding the prevention of games being released early.
    There is simply no way to prevent it unless distribution companies want to physically deliver the copies to every retailer in the entire world just minutes before release. The average staffer at a Wal-mart, K-mart, or other big box store is a moron who doesn't know anything about street dates or even what most games are. A lot of games come with gigantic stickers either on the box of games or on the actual game case and yet they still go out early all the time because most employees just don't give a damn.

Like others have said, the game is set to release on the 11th still. It is just a time zone bug with what time it unlocks on Steam. They aren't bumping up the street date by a day because a few, probably actually hundreds, retailers let their dumb employees put it on the shelf early. When was the last time something like that even happened? Only thing I can think of is when they moved up Lady Gaga's new CD by a day because it leaked online.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-10 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by An_Unoriginal_Name View Post
    /jelly

I've ordered mine off of Amazon. I keep hoping that they might just send it early by accident, instead of having me wait an extra 2-3 days due to shipping. I've heard it happening before so I can only hope.
    My friend ordered from Amazon, and it says something like "Shipped: will arrive November 10, 2011."
    I'm gonna be so jealous if he really does get it early. It's not fair D:

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    There is simply no way to prevent it unless distribution companies want to physically deliver the copies to every retailer in the entire world just minutes before release. The average staffer at a Wal-mart, K-mart, or other big box store is a moron who doesn't know anything about street dates or even what most games are. A lot of games come with gigantic stickers either on the box of games or on the actual game case and yet they still go out early all the time because most employees just don't give a damn.
    Yeah, but it's not fair when Amazon intentionally ships it out for it to arrive early. It can't be an accident when they've done it several times before.
    Last edited by hightides24; 2011-11-10 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Ordered mine from shopTo.net it's coming today when the mailman decides to deliver the mail

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by insaha View Post
    They were selling it on Tuesday allready in the Netherlands.
    Yep, and I took my bicycle and flew 20 miles to the nearest shop selling it. Damn worth it!

Deleted
    Just got my copy today (I am from the UK) through the post from Amazon! Love the cool map we get with it

Going try installing it now. I guess the activation part of Steam is the reason why it has been delivered a day early, but now I can have it pre-installed and ready the same as the guys who bought from Steam, except I got for £5 cheaper. Huzzah for Amazon!

15+ Year Old Account
    Great thread and all...but it can all go in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...m-Anticipation
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right