10+ Year Old Account

Why no title for realm first H LK25?

I just thought to myself about it and realised there was one for Naxx and Ulduar but where's the love for ICC? D: Considering it's the only realm first I have I would've loved a title to go along with it. :>

Post below if you think it should have come with a title, and if so what it should have been.

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

"killed lich king first and all he got was this lousy title"

Reason they removed the realm first titles was because there was no recognition given to those who worked through the entirety of the hard modes with the guild but were sat for the boss that gave a realm first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet they find it fair to reward the last few tiers with title's? lol, I would at least make the change after the expansion

Artwork created by Yochi
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaddon View Post
    Yet they find it fair to reward the last few tiers with title's? lol, I would at least make the change after the expansion
    They stopped giving realm first titles, like Naibil said, because they didn't recognize the other players who chipped in. For a lot of the realm firsts you needed to stack a certain class or whatever. They realized their mistake after Grand Crusader and to be honest, I can't see the realm first title being any more epic than Light of Dawn.

Deleted
    Also Blizzard would be out of good ideas for titles fast with an extra title with every tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    because casuals cant get realm first titles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    because casuals cant get realm first titles
    Probably..

Artwork created by Yochi

Still think it's stupid that they removed the titles AND the personal FoS's, now there is no recognition at all, yet if you get rank 1 or even glad in pvp you get a fos / title, which is the pvp equivalent.

I never liked personal realm firsts for two reasons.

1. Not everyone who worked for the kill will get it.
    2. They don't tell anything about your talent on a larger scale since you might get the title from a world 20th or a world 500th kill, while some world 40th guild is left without since they have a faster progressing guild on their realm.

Keep the guild feats of strength, but that's it. Don't bring back any more personal ones.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Still think it's stupid that they removed the titles AND the personal FoS's, now there is no recognition at all, yet if you get rank 1 or even glad in pvp you get a fos / title, which is the pvp equivalent.
    They didn't remove the recognition, your guild would still get the realms first achievement.

It is very likely that more then 25 people worked on that encounter for the realms first and this is a way to at least recognize those people that weren't there for the kill.

Because most guilds going for server first stack their raid with specific classes to achieve the kill. So players in the guild who have been there for progression and core may be sat or forced to use an alternative character to down the boss. Guilds might have 30 players, and rotate through players depending on availability each night, so someone may be present for 99% of the attempts but that one night its downed they might get called into work and be offline, so while they have more total attempts than the rest of their guild, they get nothing. There are numerous reasons realm first titles are gone, and I'm glad they are because of this.

As for PvP top tier titles, there is absolutely no comparison to be made, you have 3-4 players on a team that grind out that rating to achieve Vicious Gladiator, all players get their credit that deserved it.

I asked a gm this once and this is what he said "We want people to get titles from end raid bosses and not just have one guild get the title for having realm first" and i find this is a little off now since 12 didn't have a title for normal modes. that from just bosses.