Might Need A'lil Help to Improve DPS

Heya.

That's my armory link: (hmm it seems i can't give the link atm. Just google the words: "arcian" and "auchindoun" , the blonde DK - that's meh.)

Pulling 30-35k at first burst - after that it's around 20-22k.

I don't say I'm the best player ever but I'm decent enough. Can understand how it's works and can kill burning bosses.

So, i just wanna know, is there any way I can improve my DPS? Cause I was doing much better DPS with shitty gears then this one, I really can't understand the deal here.

Using:
    Horn of Winter
    Outbreak
    Essence of the Eternal Flame & Pillar of Frost (Some times using the trinket from Raggy, but it's not better i guess.)
    Raise Dead
    KM Obli
    (Khazgoroth when it has 5 stacks)
    (Rime, HB)
    KM Frost Strike
    Obli
    (Rime, HB)
    Frost Strike
    Refreshing dots (HB, PS)

I rly can't understand what's wrong. Gimme an advice if you can. Ty, love you.

PS: Playing in UH pres.
    Last edited by Arcian; 2011-11-10 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Here you go:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcian/advanced

Quick 'throw-the-gear-through-mr-robot': http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/e...doun/arcian#v1
    No big problems there I would say.

I already know the answers you are bound to get:
    Your question is hard to answer without raid logs..

I think the most important thing to remember when playing a frost DK is that we are a resource restricted class. More so than anything else improperly using your runes/runic power will tank your dps. Just as a general guideline, you need to make sure that you get rid of double rune pairs ASAP (meaning 2 frost runes up at once, or 2 unholy, or 2 death) as well as making sure you never cap on RP if at all possible. Another thing you need to look out for is making sure when you FS that there is a rune that can be refreshed by RE, because if you don't have an entire rune set depleted, RE can't proc and so you're wasting half the point of FS.

A lot of people tout gaming KM to get as many Obliterates as possible which is great to an extent. However once you cross the line of wasting RP because you did a KM Obliterate at max RP, you're only hurting your own dps. Truly only a small, small fraction of KM procs do you really have a choice on whether to use it for OB or FS (given the choice, always OB obviously) because of it either proccing right before you use either ability or the simple fact that you can't use one of the abilities at that time without wasting resources. DW frost gains so many KM procs it gets silly sitting on one as you are VERY likely to proc KM again in the next few seconds.

As Panoramix said though, hard to judge what else to say without seeing raid logs, are you keeping both diseases up? Are you using rime procs effectively? Using Pillar on CD?

Yeah, yeah ofc.

Even using pillar of frost and trinket to get some high DPS during fight.

Glyph of raise dead instead of glyph of frost strike, your trading RP for a ghoul that you probably only get to use once on most fights.

I might have caught you with pvp glyphs on, is raise dead used in pvp? I noticed you also have strangulate glyph and DG glyph so perhaps these aren't your raiding glyphs.

You also do not have virulence. Pretty sure you want 3/3 in that.
    Last edited by hyperionx; 2011-11-10 at 10:22 PM.

Chancing raise dead might be just a lil bit usefull, other glyphs makes no sense or difference.

I prefer to play with epidemic, 12 more secs for dots - more saving on runes.

you're below hit cap, fix that. (even slightly under hit cap is a dps loss, being slighty over, is not. reforge the crit on your neck instead of the hit).

epidemic is NOT a dps increase, virulence IS, fix that. 30% increase on ur dots that should be up all the time is a dmg increase, plain and simple, and is staple to ANY dk dps spec, no matter how little the increase is. if your playstyle is set on using epidemic, then drop your points in improved blood tap.

also, your a frost dk, dont use raid dead glyph, thats a huge waste. use the frost strike glyph.

raise dead is an unholy specific glyph, the cd is WAY too long for frost for it to be even remotely useful for frost dps in comparison to having a lower rp cost on your frost strike. its used by unholy for the simple reason that the ghoul is a good portion of our dps, and its up 100% of the time, hence using a prime glyph (ya know, the most useful ones?).

final edit: your majors are wrong too, you want glyph of pestilence because it not only increases your pest range, its also still bugged to increase plague strike dmg by 20%, another STAPLE to your dps. (hence the reason frost doesnt using festering strike)

you wanna continue doing 20-22k, fine, you wanna step up your dps, then listen to what im telling you.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2011-11-10 at 11:46 PM.

Your spell hit needs to be 17% and if it isnt then you probably should reforge more since the armory doesnt add in the runic empowerment so I can't really tell. As Rigor said melee Hit should be ~8%+ since that usually equates to the 17% spell but I would pay more attention onto the spell hit when reforging to get to 17% since this is priority as well as expertise at 26.
    As someone said above, the frost strike glyph is very handy because you can do more frost strikes when your runes are down for the moment and you have lots of RP. It decreases the RP usage by 8 so its worth using it than raise dead glyph for more FS. Also the virulence talent actually increases your dps i think because the extra 12 seconds on the dots wont really do much good considering your going to end up refreshing it at a certain point anyways. I think the dots ticking higher would increase dps more than the ticks having a longer duration.
    Last edited by Darky23; 2011-11-11 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcian View Post
    Chancing raise dead might be just a lil bit usefull, other glyphs makes no sense or difference.

I prefer to play with epidemic, 12 more secs for dots - more saving on runes.
    Pretty much what the post above me stated. Your missing parts of the frost core talents and glyphs. http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t125291-...inst_all_odds/

Quote Originally Posted by Darky23 View Post
    His melee hit cap shouldn't be the problem since he is dual-weilding.

if he isnt even melee hit capped, he sure as hell isnt spell hit capped. please dont post unless you've done the math and are absolute on the class mechanics, this guy is coming for help, he doesnt need anymore confusion.

601 hit rating for melee cap, 820 for spell cap.

please dont post speculations confusing people with actual questions. ty.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2011-11-10 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    i can tell you that your problem is your spec... improved blood tap isnt that good and having 2/2 in butchery doesnt help all too much. but taking those 3 points and putting them into Virilence... now thats a dps increase and tbh and im sorry for saying this but how retarded do you need to be to NOT realise something giving flat damage bonus is good for dps? -.- had to be said by someone

No..it didn't need to be said. Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-11-11 at 12:13 AM.

only other thing i can add, is to be sure to be hit (8%) and exp (26 rating) capped.

i personally play unholy as my ms, but frost for about half the fights in FL. this is just a personal preference, but if you can get it the heroic heart of rage is imo better than apparatus since it free's up a lot of exp reforging you're doing and the proc is quite often. just a personal preference though.

it would allow you to reforge a lot of your crit from exp, to something more useful in actual dps increase like mastery.
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2011-11-11 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    if he isnt even melee hit capped, he sure as hell isnt spell hit capped. please dont post unless you've done the math and are absolute on the class mechanics, this guy is coming for help, he doesnt need anymore confusion.

601 hit rating for melee cap, 820 for spell cap.

please dont post speculations confusing people with actual questions. ty.
    If you had kept reading I wrote that the spell hit cap needed was 17% so there was an indication that his hit needed to be up there. I just didn't know the actual number. I wasn't speculating either and I'm not trying to confuse the person. Also don't assume that I don't have knowledge of the class mechanics because I do know. Don't try to be mean just because you know more info on it. I was only trying to help reinforce the suggested adjustments.
    Last edited by Darky23; 2011-11-11 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darky23 View Post
    If you had kept reading I wrote that the spell hit cap needed was 17% so there was an indication that his hit needed to be up....
    true, but your first sentence is incredibly misleading to the guy, so please edit it, and try not to derail the thread. im here to be helpful to the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    true, but your first sentence is incredibly misleading to the guy, so please edit it, and try not to derail the thread. im here to be helpful to the guy.
    Yeah sorry. It made sense in my mind but fixed it a bit to be more understandable.

heya smartpants, i changed stuff from "ask mr robot" thing. that's why exp 25 and hit.. wait hit always capped - u mad bro?

i'll try to change some stuff again, lesse what happens.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2011-11-11 at 02:40 AM.

you're the one coming for help, im trying to help you.

theres no reason to be rude about it. (which i assume is the reason you were infracted)

imo, dont use some website or addon to figure out your reforges for you, especially if they advise that you actually be below a required cap. half the fun of the reforging system is getting to do the math yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewis994 View Post
    i can tell you that your problem is your spec... improved blood tap isnt that good and having 2/2 in butchery doesnt help all too much. but taking those 3 points and putting them into Virilence... now thats a dps increase and tbh and im sorry for saying this but how retarded do you need to be to NOT realise something giving flat damage bonus is good for dps? -.- had to be said by someone
    Speccing Improved blood Tap is a DPS boost for and for some others. That measn that i can put a plauge strike when there is 30 seconds left on my outbrake. IF i pop my Blood tap every 30 seconds. That means i get a death rune over that so i can use a Howling blast or sometimes an obliterate. if KM Procs.
    Last edited by mmoc5e00c31dbe; 2011-11-11 at 07:46 AM.

Improved blood tap is a dps gain if you spec into it instead of epidemic. It's not a dps gain when compared to 3/3 in virulence.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperionx View Post
    Improved blood tap is a dps gain if you spec into it instead of epidemic. It's not a dps gain when compared to 3/3 in virulence.

^ this sums that up. although tbh, its a playstyle choice, because some of the fights are fairly heavy movement based, some may prefer to have their diseases up longer, but if you are trying to maximize your dot uptime, then why not maximize its dps? its just silly not to have virulence for any dps spec.