Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotfix View Post
    10k DPS in a Zul'aman or Zul'gurub is pathetic. Especially when you can do above 15k DPS in 346 gear regardless of which DPS spec you're using.
    Pathetic? Maybe. Enough? Yes. "Full blue 346" isn't as good as having honor PvP gear simply because of the large amounts of agility/strength/int. Even the 358 gear is comparable.

As for me, if i'm tanking or healing the other four people can be completely retarded and we'll get through the dungeon unless they're doing something that seriously hinders our progress.

I really wish Blizz would just make pvp gear ineligible for LFD just so people would shut the fuck up about it and there wouldn't be 500 threads a day on this topic.

nothing more annoying that guy who goes afk in bg or a dungeon. if you dont like the group, leave!.

it's considered griefing, and if they can't kick you cus of kick cd timer and they report you, you could get banned. wont happen the first time as you can make up a silly excuse to the gms if they contact you, but if you do it repeatedly you're in for a 3-7 day vacation ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Solution - Get a group of guildies or friends and stop complaining because that's the only way you will get your way.

To answer your question: If you go 'AFK' on purpose to stop people continuing to do the dungeon, that can be classed as harassment. Plus you're a dick for doing so. Just kick them or leave.

Because I would still like to be able to enter Heroics on my Bear Druid - PvP gear is better than most gear, including some Firelands stuff.
    Or another solution: Balance the dungeons with an ilvl-check - if you're 375 ilvl, you get a group of people with about the same.

I know that good gear doesn't always mean you're doing good DPS, but it sure as hell does increase the odds.

Its not against the rules, but blizzard dont need a reason to ban you either.

I am usally pissed about people in 5 mans running it in all pvp gear but last night was a new form of retardation a dk tank i had was whinning about the fact i let him die when i looked at his gear he had 4 pieces of holy pally gear on and 3 pieces of agility while his other tanking gear was 333 and 346 blues WTF!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPeter View Post
    nothing more annoying that guy who goes afk in bg or a dungeon. if you dont like the group, leave!.
    Nothing more annoying than people joining a dungeon expecting to get carried. Why should I leave, when they could've done some research and done some normal dungeons to practice?

If justice is to be served, I'm not the one supposed to carry - they are the ones supposed to play properly, period.

Deleted
    Never had problem with players in PvP gear, they can pull decent dps! I think you just keep getting unlucky with stipid players, thats all tbh

Going afk for an extended period of time in the middle of a dungeon is considered harassment.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Or another solution: Balance the dungeons with an ilvl-check - if you're 375 ilvl, you get a group of people with about the same.

I know that good gear doesn't always mean you're doing good DPS, but it sure as hell does increase the odds.

Why balance iLevel? If everyone's got good gear, all of the gear drops will go to waste. If everyone doesn't have good gear, all of the gear will be in high competition. A balance allows two or three people who need the gear and two or three people who don't to work together, and a bit of carrying.

Nothing more annoying than people joining a dungeon expecting to get carried. Why should I leave, when they could've done some research and done some normal dungeons to practice?

If justice is to be served, I'm not the one supposed to carry - they are the ones supposed to play properly, period.
    Listen. The majority of the players who play this game aren't "good" by our standards. In fact, they're what we call bad. They don't look up guides or rotations. The heroics you're doing and complaining about them doing are designed for them.

Making a game and then requiring a guide to be used to beat the game isn't good game design.
    Last edited by Ihsatakar; 2011-11-10 at 02:27 PM.

Deleted
    PvP gear isn't that bad, and it's only heroics. I think your attitude is most likely to hinder the run than them doing moderate dps.

All this hate against people using pvp gear. Short answer for them is to play a hunter. MD stuff to them as much as you can and watch them die over and over and over again. They will eventually leave in frustration. I do this at least twice a week on average. When I tank on my paladin though and if it's an entire pug that isn't geared for the instance I will pull stuff play my guitar, bubble then hearth to orgrimar and wait for all the insults to start in party chat. But these are rare occasions when I the tank am pulling more dps then any other member in the group. Fun thing about it is if they can't kick me they leave and have to wait in queue again where I will get an instant queue with my tank.

Long story short if the group isn't up to your par you can do things that make the gaming experience fun for you.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Queues would be stupidly long, so it wouldn't work. It would be quicker to have people doing low dps than waiting 30mins more for a dungeon.

So all you can do is go with people you know or, even though it's not your job and I agree they should already know this stuff, put up with it and/or teach them a bit.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2011-11-10 at 02:30 PM.

Your gear can't be that good if you're still doing zandoms. Please stop with the "ilvl check cause I only want leet people like me" thing, it's really stupid because it will NEVER be done as Blizzard doesn't want to increase the que times for dungeons.

And yes, what you're doing is considered harassment/griefing and is bannable because you are intentionally hindering the progress of the group.

You're also a straight up douchebag too, you are EVERYTHING that's wrong with the community of this game now, but I guess being a dickhead online is completely fine with you so whatever.

Haha I was in a dungeon with this guy. We completed the dungeon without him but guess what, he comes back for the last boss. Oh you....

Deleted
    anyone in pvp gear = instant kick when ever I'm tanking

Deleted
    Generally, only if they can prove you did it on purpose (which they can't if you don't talk too much). But then if you do the same quite frequently, GMs might act differently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakatashi View Post
    Why balance iLevel? If everyone's got good gear, all of the gear drops will go to waste. If everyone doesn't have good gear, all of the gear will be in high competition. A balance allows two or three people who need the gear and two or three people who don't to work together, and a bit of carrying.

Listen. The majority of the players who play this game aren't "good" by our standards. In fact, they're what we call bad. They don't look up guides or rotations. The heroics you're doing and complaining about them doing are designed for them.
    If everyone has good gear, the gear drops will become Maelstrom Crystals - say hi to enchants.
    If everyone has bad gear, they are likely to be running those heroics for quite some time anyway and at some point, they will get their gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    I really wish Blizz would just make pvp gear ineligible for LFD just so people would shut the fuck up about it and there wouldn't be 500 threads a day on this topic.
    Yeah, except you would be excluding people that can perform their roles perfectly fine. On my feral druid, I have full PvP gear except for trinkets, and I can pull 20k dps fairly easily. I also can and do tank heroics effectively. Should I be left out of LFD just because I'm not using PvE gear, or should I be forced to farm lower level PvE gear that is a downgrade for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva
    The fact remains that you FUCKING FAIL.