1 Resto Shaman
    1 Warlock
    1 Boomkin
    1 Mage
    1 Fury Warrior (Tank MS)
    1 DK Frost
    1 Hunter
    1 Enh Shaman
    We're kinda stuck here after trying it like 4-5 times last night. We know that we need a soaker so I thought I could do it (Warlock). At 13 stacks, the paladin is using AM, at 19-20 I'm using Shadow Ward. I seem to be doing fine till 23-24 stacks, and every time the last tick of the shard killed me.
    Can someone give me some tips? maybe try a different soaker?
    I saw a strat that had a tank pretty much soak the first one but I'm kinda clueless as to everybody that I've seen has a shadowpriest soaking it all, and as you can see we don't have a shadowpriest.

You need two soak teams and a single backup... On 10 man the shard only spawns in melee so long as someone is there, so if I were you I'd have the following soak teams:

First Soak: DK/Fury Warrior
    Second Soak: Boomkin/Enhancement Shaman
    Backup: Mage

The Mage/Hunter/Warlock sit at range and just pewpew, if a backup is called the mage can just blink in and cover the shard.

As a mage, I can easily take 12 stacks without any risk, 13 is pretty normal, 14 is starting to push it. If you (the warlock) can't take 13 stacks your healers need to step up.

Also your DK should be using all available CD's for first shard, IBF/AMS... and if the resto shaman wants to drop SLT he should be able to take it to 25 stacks. The first crystal is key, if your healers can build up a good bit of stacks off the first crystal, they're going to be ahead of the curve for the remainder of the fight, rather then trying to play catchup with building stacks later on.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need to soak pretty much the whole first shard for the healers. So in my case, who would soak the entire first shard? or do you split it between 2 people?
    Thanks for the response.

The DK takes what he can. IBF, AMS and SLT should be enough to get 25, or damn close. If he can't get to 25, he might aswell hop out at 20, becuase healers only gain stacks per 5 stacks, so it's wasted damage to let him take 22/23.

If your DK can get 20 stacks, and you let the Fury warrior take 5, you'll be fine. Between the nerfs to Baleroc in both health and swing timer during his decimation blades, your healers will have more than enough stacks with spamming him during lust to build sufficient stacks.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.

Deleted
    Since our firstkill we use this strategy:

First shard : Warlock (till 17-18 stacks) / Feral
    Second shard: Retri / DK or Feral

Third Shard and so on:
    Someone without debuff start till 7-8 stacks, then someone without debuff takes over till 7-8 stacks etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    Want an easy method for the healers? I've got one here. Worked on both our kills so far. Yes we've only done 2 but they were with vastly different groups.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/e...?s=2525&e=2869

World of Logs for it.

We use 2 healers 1 tank. We use a buddy system.

Our first shard was taken by Dk/Enh shaman in the normal manner. Second by Hunter/Mage I think. Third by Druid/Hunter with a moonkin as a spare. This large rotation allows for Error on countdown.

After the first 3 shards however, healers have enough stacks to heal the tank, so for mana conservation, we began using a 3 soak strategy. The 4th shard was taken by DK/Shaman/Hunter. The 5th by Mage/Druid/Hunter. Then repeat using this. This allows you to take 7/8 stacks. Providing you have good communication then you have nothing to worry about. The advantage to this situation is that by preserving healer mana, should you get an unlucky torment spread then you can do a 2person soak for the entire 6 minutes and healers have no problems.

The soaking rotation is very fluid though. People would call when Tormented and when Free, so people were in a position to be a good backup should something go wrong. Soaking an entire crystal for "stacks" is not necessary in the slightest. Mana will be a problem, not number of stacks.

Good luck, but if you've done this only 4 or 5 times, be in it for the longhaul. Hardest boss before Ragnaros heroic I reckon. Speaking as someone who is 5/7 with Alys being the remainder, who looks like will go down without too much trouble once we have a few attempts.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige View Post
    The DK takes what he can. IBF, AMS and SLT should be enough to get 25, or damn close. If he can't get to 25, he might aswell hop out at 20, becuase healers only gain stacks per 5 stacks, so it's wasted damage to let him take 22/23.

If your DK can get 20 stacks, and you let the Fury warrior take 5, you'll be fine. Between the nerfs to Baleroc in both health and swing timer during his decimation blades, your healers will have more than enough stacks with spamming him during lust to build sufficient stacks.
    Youre wrong. A DK is a much weaker choise than a feral druid or warrior. Probably even a warlock.
    This is because AMS works for a "fixed" amount of damage - basicly, AMS will reduce dmg taken by 75% from all magic sources, untill XXXXXX damage has been "absorbed". This damage breakpoint is around the 100K mark or so. Which means that popping AMS at 15-16 stacks will break AMS in two, maybe three, pulses. IBF also only provides a 20% damage reduction for any non tank DK, meaning all he has to show for it is 2-3 ticks covered by AMS and a cooldown equal to barkskin afterward.
    SLT also won't work if the DK gets oneshot, and even if it does, you can't expect it to hit more than *at max* 5 people with healers etc, standing out. You can't throw aoe heals either, as they won't give you vital spark stacks, and besides, singletarget heals will probably push more HPS than aoe healing on 5 targets taking such big spikes of damage. Oh, and did I mention it won't save him from oneshots? So in order for the totem to even work to pulse him back "up", you'd have to top him off IMMIDIATELLY after, before next tick hits.

And just to add, you don't NEED a person to soak the entire first shard. Its usefull, sure, but not neccessary if your setup doesn't allow it. I'd go with 3 healers rather, as it gives a lot more leeway for RNG (last kill in our alt run I was tormented as healer for 40% of the fight due to links, but we managed just fine because we had 3, so someone could back me up on my target).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Youre wrong. A DK is a much weaker choise than a feral druid or warrior. Probably even a warlock.
    This is because AMS works for a "fixed" amount of damage - basicly, AMS will reduce dmg taken by 75% from all magic sources, untill XXXXXX damage has been "absorbed". This damage breakpoint is around the 100K mark or so. Which means that popping AMS at 15-16 stacks will break AMS in two, maybe three, pulses. IBF also only provides a 20% damage reduction for any non tank DK, meaning all he has to show for it is 2-3 ticks covered by AMS and a cooldown equal to barkskin afterward.
    SLT also won't work if the DK gets oneshot, and even if it does, you can't expect it to hit more than *at max* 5 people with healers etc, standing out. You can't throw aoe heals either, as they won't give you vital spark stacks, and besides, singletarget heals will probably push more HPS than aoe healing on 5 targets taking such big spikes of damage. Oh, and did I mention it won't save him from oneshots? So in order for the totem to even work to pulse him back "up", you'd have to top him off IMMIDIATELLY after, before next tick hits.

And just to add, you don't NEED a person to soak the entire first shard. Its usefull, sure, but not neccessary if your setup doesn't allow it. I'd go with 3 healers rather, as it gives a lot more leeway for RNG (last kill in our alt run I was tormented as healer for 40% of the fight due to links, but we managed just fine because we had 3, so someone could back me up on my target).
    Not sure then... until we had spriests we had a DK soak first 25 stacks using only SLT everytime... Perhaps either heals carried that or your DK's are just mistiming something. /shrug Either way the first person only needs to soak 20 (15 would work, but 20 is better obviously) tops w/ the decimation blade swing timer nerf.

Deleted
    Use 3 healers. If you didn't figure out how to 2 heal it prenerf there is absolutely no reason to do this fight with less than 3 healers, strategy with 2 healer is rather complex in comparison with 3 healing it.

Make sure your hunter doesn't take any shards, he can just chill out and use an Aimed Shot rotation and pump out mad DPS.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

You don't have replenishment in your raid. That's not a good idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't really need to have someone take the whole first crystal since the nerfs. When we have suboptimal healers and trouble with doing the whole first one, we have someone (the first backup person) take the last two stacks. The healer isn't going to get that many more stacks from having one person take the whole first one. But have the DK try it first. I'm pretty sure they have more mitigation, especially if you're affliction (just assuming you are 'cause you called it shadow ward).
    I mean, if you guys are having other issues, post about them, but we can't really give advice on more than what you've said.
    To quote the great sage Ook Ook, "you can take the derk out of the jib, but you shouldn't put the jib in the derk."

This is how I would do it if I were raid leading with your setup:

Warlock, Boomkin, Frost DK, Enh Shaman have the best passive/on shot CD damage reductions, so I would put these 4 people as soakers, 2 groups of 2:

Group 1: Enh Shaman, Frost DK
    Group 2: Boomkin, Warlock

Boomkin and Enh Shaman uses Barkskin/Shamanistic Rage each time they soak so that it will run out at around 15 stacks, then moves out and lets the second person take the rest.

The opening of this fight is the most important so for the first 2 crystals I would put it like this:

When the first crystal spawns, use BL and have the holy paladin heal the Enh Shaman and Resto shaman heal the tank. Delay Shamanistic Rage until 15 stacks (have the holy paladin use Avenging Wrath or/and AM before that if necessary). At 16 stacks the Resto shaman drops Spirit Link Totem and starts to spamheal the Enh Shaman too with fast heals (both healers now healing the Enh Shaman) and keep doing so until 25 stacks. Spirit Link will make it not necessary to heal the tank.

At this point, the holy paladin should have 80+ stacks and the resto shaman around 30. The holy paladin now uses divine plea and starts healing the tank.

For the second crystal, the warrior replaces the Boomkin and uses Shield Wall at around 10 stacks while the Resto shaman heals him. Switch to the lock at around 20 stacks or how many you can manage.

After this return to normal crystal rotation and have the first person take around 15 stacks and the second take around 10, and switch healer between each crystal.

If someone in the rotation gets Countdown, call it out immediately and have the warrior or mage replace that person for that crystal, then go back to normal rotation.

If a healer gets Tormented make sure that he doesn't heal the next crystal but heals the tank instead, and have the tank use CDs as necessary.

Your setup isn't optimal (no feral or SP), but by using spirit link wisely you'll be able to get a huge head start anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.