shopping list for 1-525 mining, smelting only?

right, i just checked http://www.warcraftprofessional.com/ and i saw that they don't have a shopping list for 1-525 mining via smelting, so i was wondering if anybody could compose me the list of mats i'll need? thanks in advance

Required Material:

Copper Ore x 140 (98g)
    Tin Ore x 70 (42g)
    Silver Ore x 30 (120g)
    Iron Ore x 80 (56g)
    Gold Ore x 30 (120g)
    Mithril x 160 (240g)
    Thorium Ore x 100 (150g)
    Fel Iron Ore x 260 (1,300g)
    Adamantite Ore x 100 (300g)
    Cobalt Ore x 120 (540g)
    Obsidium Ore x 440 (1,320g)
    Elementium Ore x 280 (980g): Or 2,200 (7,700g) if you plan to go to 525 by smelting.
    Volatile Earth x 440 (3,520g): You only need things if you plan to go to 525 by smelting.

Total Estimated Cost:
    1-425: 2,966g - Can start mining Obsidium Ore(425).
    1-475: 4,286g - Can start mining Rich Obsidium Ore(450) & Elementium Ore(475).
    1-500: 5,266g - Can start mining Rich Elementium Ore(500).
    1-525: 15,506g - Can mine everything including Pyrite Ore(525)

Taken from tarou wow guides
    http://tarouwowguides.com/content/wo...video_tutorial
    Last edited by Callisa; 2011-11-10 at 06:28 PM.

So you'd rather pay 15,000 gold to buy ore just to smelt rather than mine a couple hours to get from 1-525? Wish you were on my server. Sounds like any easy way to make 15,000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by safetypro View Post
    So you'd rather pay 15,000 gold to buy ore just to smelt rather than mine a couple hours to get from 1-525? Wish you were on my server. Sounds like any easy way to make 15,000 gold.
    yeah man lol. i've tried mining it all but i just cant. tried doing it with other gathering profs but i just cant as well. if im levelling a gatherring prof i need to pick up the prof from level 5.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    if you're 85 and have epic flying it would take you 3-4 hours to skill it up. you just fly around each zone till you're high enough skilled to move to the next mineral node type. I've done it, not that bad.

but if you wanna spend 15k.

I'm pretty sure i remember grey patches in the smelting field while i was leveling mining.

well, you can turn a profit off of selling the bars based on your server's economy.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I'm pretty sure i remember grey patches in the smelting field while i was leveling mining.
    ya forgot about that

smelting will grey out alot earlier, you have to actually mine nodes to level

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you realise it will take longer to mail box/bank withdraw all the ore and then run to the furnace, get training what not than spending 3-4 hrs flying round mining which will save you 15k and make you profit.

I really don't understand, if you get bored of flying then I wish you good luck with smelting........

EDIT: Oh and there's some levels if I remember correctly where you're going to have to go mine anyway as the smelting will all be grey

Quote Originally Posted by Khonorum View Post
    yeah man lol. i've tried mining it all but i just cant. tried doing it with other gathering profs but i just cant as well. if im levelling a gatherring prof i need to pick up the prof from level 5.
    But that is the key, you don't mine ALL of it. You smelt till green then mine the rest. Saves a lot of time and gold.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

cool site. have never seen it before

Deleted
    If you dont have the patience to lvl mining, why would you have patience to FARM either?
    Unless only smelting stuff.

As others have pointed out you cannot level mining entirely through smelting, you have to actually mine.
    "An orc - a true orc warrior - wishes for one thing: To die in the glory of battle against a hated enemy." -Varok Saurfang