Deleted

[Music] University Final Year Project: Distortion Survey

Howdy MMO-Champions!

I'm currently in my final year at university, studying (BA) Popular Music Production and I'm in the middle of taking my final module, the personal project!

My project is, in a nutshell, based upon studying Distortion effects.

The project entails doing an artifact of practical work and as part of that I have created a survey to assess how music consumers perceive and would describe different types of distortion effects. And I really need the help of volunteers to provide responses!

The survey can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RVXW976

It is uber quick to fill out and 90% of it involves ticking boxes! And every set of responses greatly helps to strengthen my project! And you do not need to be a "musical" person to do it!

In the survey you are asked to listen to 5 different extracts and choose from a list of words how you would describe each extract. The track containing the extracts can be found here: http://soundcloud.com/rcarass1/distortion-tone-survey

If you find you have a few minutes to spare to help out a stressed final year student, desperate to pass his degree, please check out the survey! (It might even be interesting!)

---------------------------

I chose to open up my project to the MMO-Champion community because by-and-large it is friendly and often helpful, I hope my seeking volunteers here is not too much trouble.

Thanks for your time!
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-11-10 at 09:02 PM.

Done. I think I made a mistake with the 2nd sample, that's not a real amp, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Done. I think I made a mistake with the 2nd sample, that's not a real amp, right?
    Sweet, thanks dude! =]

Spoiler: No, it's not!! =P

Done.. was interesting - I have a Vibro Champ XD for my guitar, and love to fiddle with the tone/gain on the amp and my strat to get the most interesting combinations of distortion/delay and such... Most of the distortions made me think of early 80s-mid90s kind of rock distortions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Done.. was interesting - I have a Vibro Champ XD for my guitar, and love to fiddle with the tone/gain on the amp and my strat to get the most interesting combinations of distortion/delay and such... Most of the distortions made me think of early 80s-mid90s kind of rock distortions.
    Great! Thanks for chipping in!

Yeah, the combinations are endless! And then trying to articulate those sounds with words is tough! >_<
    It's cool you got that vibe from most of the distortions, that was what I was going for with some of them!

------------------------------

I think I have been good in not "bumping" this for several days, but I would like people to know that I am still looking for volunteers willing to help.

The survey is quick, straightforward and any answers, even from people who do not think they are "musical" are extremely helpful to me, especially helpful from non-"musical" people actually! =P

Cheers
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2011-11-20 at 03:14 AM.