Opinions/help with the gear list I plan on purchasing

Ok, so i decided to build my own pc for the first time. here is a list of the items i plan on purchasing:

MoBo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 4x4 GB
    GPU: EVGA 03G GeForce GTX 580
    SSD: Crucial M4 128 GB SSD
    HDD: Samsung Spinpoint 1TB
    PSU: Corsair TX850M
    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14
    Case: Coolermaster HAF-X
    Basic CD Drive
    Monitor
    OS
    Keyboard

Now my question is this: is there ANYTHING else i need to get, or will this shopping list be everything i need to put together a computer, hook it up to the internet, and play games? please don't worry about making me sound stupid, because in this regard, i am in fact stupid. Will i need other cables/cords,etc?
    will this setup allow me to plug directly into the wall for internet, or do i need a wireless card or anything else? will the fans in the case and the heatsink allow for my computer to be stable and happy once the gpu and cpu are overclocked? what tools do i need, or is there ANYTHING else i should have to make a complete system?

thank you for your help with this, and i am extremely excited to do this now that i have made the choice to go this route.

oh, and also buying a nice surge protector. didn't think i needed a ups.... but i could be wrong.
    Last edited by Alhazrid; 2011-11-10 at 08:53 PM.

What are you using it for? If just for gaming then you are getting way too much ram and you don't need an i7.

If you want to overclock the gpu get a 580 with better cooling, like the msi twin frozr II or msi lightning (don't even need to overclock the lighting.. it comes heavily overclocked already).
    As Aeiri already said... 8gb of ram and an i5-2500k will give identical performance in games for $150 cheaper.
    You can't plug directly "into the wall"... you should have a modem and/or router and you connect your network card to that (the network card is integrated into the motherboard).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

ok, so changed a couple things:
    i5 2500k processor
    8gb ram
    p8p67 rev 3.0 mobo (the one i originally wanted was not available)
    all other components remain the same.

all in all, i hope this system performs superbly, assuming all goes well with my first build attempt

Besides the different USB 3.0 controllers on the MB, I'm not sure what changed in rev. 3.1 but it's the same price and good reviews.

ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.1) $135

You could opt for a Z68 board, like the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 $125 or the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 $175, obviously a little more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Besides the different USB 3.0 controllers on the MB, I'm not sure what changed in rev. 3.1 but it's the same price and good reviews.

ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.1) $135

You could opt for a Z68 board, like the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 $125 or the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 $175, obviously a little more expensive
    Z68 uses some of the power phases for the integrated graphics. While I'm not yet sure how much this affects overclocking, I know that it's something to keep in mind.
    MB: ASRock Extreme 6 Rev B3 - CPU: i5 2500k ||
    GPU: ASUS GTX560Ti DCU II TOP - PSU: Corsair AX 750W ||
    Case: Fractal Design Define R3 - HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1GB ||
    ========================================================== ||