Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Some. But, you can't lump ALL girls in one category.
    In all seriousness, what she said. There are shitty girls out there, just like there are shitty guys. There are girls that stay with men that beat them, and there are men who put up with cheating, browbeating, manipulative women. People suck and make bad choices; let's not lump everyone into one generalization based on gender. I promise you, if you're a young guy who's lonely and is thinking, "All women are __," there are just as many girls who are sitting at home alone thinking, "All men are ___."

They do tend to like the alpha male, nothing strange about that...

It's just that many times the alpha male at that stage of the game tends to be a jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by waddiwasi View Post
    No, and anyone who thinks girls like assholes more than "nice guys" have no concept of reality. The truth is that people are typically attracted to other people with spine and confidence. The so called nice guys aren't necessarily nice; they're essentially doormats and push-overs. Younger guys just like to pretend girls like assholes because it helps them justify why women don't like them.
    I've honestly had a few women tell me I was in fact, too nice.

Yes, women do prefer men with more confidence, but there are really men out there that are actually 'Nice', and own a backbone. Generalizing men into 'Nice = No spine' is just as bad as 'Women = only love jerks'. Yes, you do have the right to say SOME men aren't actually 'nice' and essentially are door mats, but don't clump them all together.

And as for OP, no, not all younger women are attracted to jerks. There are quite a few during the younger school years, but it eventually evens out.
    Last edited by Brettshock; 2011-11-10 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post

Yes, women do prefer men with more confidence, but there are really men out there that are actually 'Nice', and own a backbone. Generalizing men into 'Nice = No spine' is just as bad as 'Women = only love jerks'. Yes, you do have the right to say SOME men aren't actually 'nice' and essentially are door mats, but don't clump them all together.
    There's a reason I put "nice guys" in quotations. I wasn't saying that men who are nice don't have a backbone or confidence, or vice versa. I was talking about a particular stereotype that men themselves like to use when justifying that all women "hate nice guys."

I've only ever dated guys who were nice, and they would have given me the world. But they most certainly weren't doormats, for me or anyone else, for that matter. They were nice, but not "nice guys."

I found that young girls tend to like the "Alpha male" or leader of the pact. In highschool it didn't really matter if this "Alpha male" was a nice guy or a jerk.

In the end it did not mater how the girl was treated, I found it kind of odd but that's just how it went when I was growing up

10+ Year Old Account
    It definitely varies, but I would not say that it is just young girls. Older women fall for bastards just as much.

I maintain my stance that if women did not give it to assholes, there would be far less of them
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-11-10 at 09:28 PM.
    I like sandwiches

What...women know what they want?

j/k....only young women do this and you dont want these types

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on the woman/girl's personality. There is probably some Dr. Freud shit about how their other male influences in their life treated them, as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Confidence is the word you are looking for.

Sometimes confident people are jerks, but that is really secondary to the important trait, which is confidence.

Confidence.

Brass. Balls. The ability to assert yourself. The self-awareness to know what it is you really want.

The capacity to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    I found that young girls tend to like the "Alpha male" or leader of the pact. In highschool it didn't really matter if this "Alpha male" was a nice guy or a jerk.

In the end it did not mater how the girl was treated, I found it kind of odd but that's just how it went when I was growing up
    I really don't like the idea of Alpha/Beta/whatever the last one was, males. Too generalizing. But not the point. When I was in High School, I really didn't see much of the women going for the top dogs, it was fairly spread out. Hell, even a good friend of mine with a mental disorder was with a girl for 2 years who was in AP classes across the board.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Salindris View Post
    It really depends on the woman/girl's personality. There is probably some Dr. Freud shit about how their other male influences in their life treated them, as well.
    Freud was a loon, too much sexual tension in his mind. Only reason he's so famous is because he was willing to talk about sex when it was so taboo.
    Last edited by Brettshock; 2011-11-10 at 09:33 PM.

First boyfriend was a jackass.
    After that, from 17 to now, absolutely not. But you have to remember that most young women are morons due to popular culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im a nice guy and i finish first a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Only stupid girls/women are attracted to jerks. Avoid them.
    Very much this. There are some younger and older women that are attracted to jerks, and other younger and older ones that aren't. This isn't an age thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't know endorse this idea, but I want to throw it out there as an idea.

I heard someone say this once. What are children taught when another child harms them or harasses them? That the other child simply likes them. As children, boys are generally more violent and as such, girls are taught this more often than boys. Now, what happens next? The child grows up to accept punishment, verbally, or physically, as a form of love and caring, and as such, may tend to rationalize abuse against them.

Again, I don't agree with this 100%, just tossing it out there for people to dissect <3

Good guys get ladies.

Jerks get bitches.

Protip: There are far more bitches than there are ladies.
    That's it.

I really don't like the idea of Alpha/Beta/whatever the last one was, males. Too generalizing. But not the point. When I was in High School, I really didn't see much of the women going for the top dogs, it was fairly spread out. Hell, even a good friend of mine with a mental disorder was with a girl for 2 years who was in AP classes across the board.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 04:31 PM ----------

Freud was a loon, too much sexual tension in his mind. Only reason he's so famous is because he was willing to talk about sex when it was so taboo.
    Well the thing is generally you can only have 1 girl friend at a time.

Also in high school there a certain levels, cliques, and circles. People tended to date within a certain area / group of people. Also this is in general, not in every single case / situation

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, like some said because its more manly then what other guys act like. but thats stupid because you can be alot more manly without being a dick to everyone, or a "jerk" as you say
    weeee!

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

Its not really odd, it's how it has been for thousands of years. Remember only in the last century have things began to change drastically. Men have been the dominant gender for thousands of years while women were considered the lesser. They were expected to do as they told until recently. The guys that people refer to as 'jerks' now likely would have been the most dominant and successful in the past. Women saw this then and would choose the most dominant men. Now the dominant man is considered a 'jerk' yet that instinct that has been bred in men and women for thousands of years still sticks around to this day. This is why women tend to go for jerks and not nice guys.

Personally who I consider the real 'jerks' are the feminists and other such minorities that expect everyone to change thousands of years of a certain way of living in a matter of less then a century, then label ones who don't follow suit right away as 'jerks' and other such labels.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2011-11-10 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    Im a nice guy and i finish first a lot.
    The ladies REALLY don't like that.