Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deltrus, Update my cooling on the 3960x to the NH-D14, and the voltage to a static 1.45

Deleted
    Name:
    Processor: I7-2600k
    Clock: 4578.81 MHz (104.06 * 44)
    Voltage: 1.06V
    Cooler: Noctua DH-14
    Screenshot LINK:

Valid CPU-Z link:
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-10-10 at 05:39 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    After sleeping on it for a good 6 nights, I've decided to add you shroudster. Synthaxx never said he absolutely thinks your OC is fake or anything, he was just suspicious, as I know even you were. :P Congrats on winning literally the .0001% silicon lottery.

Also - updated Cyanotical's information as per request.
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-10-15 at 07:40 AM.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Name: Gházh
    Processor: Intel i7 3770k
    Clock: 4600Mhz
    Voltage: 1.360 (1.375 BIOS with level 2 LLC)
    Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/ELeg2.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2551628

*Shrug*
    Promised, posted. Didn't honestly think it would make it past the 8 hours mark as I had some memory related crashing problems when I fiddled with it initially. Made some last minute adjustments and changed the RAM from 1T to 2T and bumped the voltage up a little. Came out a little warm but it was still running strong at 17 hours. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    Name:
    Processor: I7-2600k
    Clock: 4578.81 MHz (104.06 * 44)
    Voltage: 1.06V
    Cooler: Noctua DH-14
    Screenshot LINK:

Valid CPU-Z link:
    Holy crap that voltage is insane. Deltrus is right, that is hard to believe. You could probably squeeze some insane speed from that chip if you have that much headroom on the voltage. I thought I got lucky with mine...

Deleted
    5ghz on auto voltage sucking 1.47v loaded up ...not bad I just need to post some results >.>

Hes stopped the workers giving the impression that hes loaded up with 1.06v ....had to look twice myself
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-10-21 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stravs View Post
    5ghz on auto voltage sucking 1.47v loaded up ...not bad I just need to post some results >.>

Hes stopped the workers giving the impression that hes loaded up with 1.06v ....had to look twice myself
    No, he didn't. He has OCCT running.

Also, are you really planning on wasting my time with an auto-OC? Honestly no one will like it and it'll likely fry your CPU, since you know, 1.52v is Intel's limit for the Sandy Bridge CPUs, and 1.47 is dangerously close. OC it for real.

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Name: Gházh
    Processor: Intel i7 3770k
    Clock: 4600Mhz
    Voltage: 1.360 (1.375 BIOS with level 2 LLC)
    Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/ELeg2.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2551628

*Shrug*
    Promised, posted. Didn't honestly think it would make it past the 8 hours mark as I had some memory related crashing problems when I fiddled with it initially. Made some last minute adjustments and changed the RAM from 1T to 2T and bumped the voltage up a little. Came out a little warm but it was still running strong at 17 hours. :-)
    A LITTLE WARM?! The bloody max temp is 100 Celsius! I wouldn't be surprised if you damaged your CPU. =S

But nice job anywho! The fact it didn't shut down and stayed just ONE DEGREE CELSIUS below 100, is mind-boggling!

Adding to the charts. Also, BIOS voltage is the one that I prefer putting in, so indeed, 1.375v.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Just no pics of voltage and temps while running prime makes it look a bit suss (no offence to him) and no way am i gonna waste time, using auto voltage I will actually save time :P
    I have no idea what I will do atm ....thinking of selling up :/

Just noticed OCCT has only been running for 13 seconds or am I missing something here ???
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-10-21 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selling up for what purpose? Based on your siggy you're running an i5-2500K@4.8GHz, which is better than like 98% of all computer users. Unless you're doing tons of video rendering or some such thing, I don't see the point. And going to i5-3570K is about a 5-10% improvement. Not really anything special. If you want to know what you should wait for, Haswell, or whatever comes after, I think it's called Broadwell.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Na I need to update that it's currently at stock.As for selling up I am feeling a little fed up of PC's atm...maybe I need to find something new to do with it.
    It was running 4.8 for a couple of months until I gave my head a wobble and dropped it again.Those speeds just ain't needed (for my gaming)

---------- Post added 2012-10-21 at 05:41 PM ----------

Hmmmm can't even get OCCT to work some crap about values (F@H) it is then
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-10-21 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reread the first post, the only one available for actual stress-testing is Prime95 27.7.
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    A LITTLE WARM?! The bloody max temp is 100 Celsius! I wouldn't be surprised if you damaged your CPU. =S

But nice job anywho! The fact it didn't shut down and stayed just ONE DEGREE CELSIUS below 100, is mind-boggling!

Adding to the charts. Also, BIOS voltage is the one that I prefer putting in, so indeed, 1.375v.
    100 celsius isn't max. It's something like 105-110 in reality. I actually tested it at 4.7GHz with 1.475 volts and it ran at 104 celsius but that's the point when it starts to throttle down so it doesn't allow temps going higher and lowers the clock speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    100 celsius isn't max. It's something like 105-110 in reality. I actually tested it at 4.7GHz with 1.475 volts and it ran at 104 celsius but that's the point when it starts to throttle down so it doesn't allow temps going higher and lowers the clock speeds.
    That's fucking ridiculous dude. ._.

And honestly, even at 99 Celsius, I'm sure some damage can be done, don't let it sit at those temps. >_<
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    After sleeping on it for a good 6 nights, I've decided to add you shroudster. Synthaxx never said he absolutely thinks your OC is fake or anything, he was just suspicious, as I know even you were. :P Congrats on winning literally the .0001% silicon lottery.

Also - updated Cyanotical's information as per request.
    huray!
    and to suspicious people i doubt you'd want my chip this has been my only stable OC beyond 4,2ghz since purchase........

Deleted
    What got me is no voltage/temps running next to the prime run and on the occt test it says it was running for 13 seconds....

Ohhhh that's all 1 picture I thought it was 2....My bad :P
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-10-21 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    What got me is no voltage/temps running next to the prime run and on the occt test it says it was running for 13 seconds....

Ohhhh that's all 1 picture I thought it was 2....My bad :P
    dual screen setup ofc :P , just used OCCT to quickly test if other voltage monitoring programs were accurate (system is at 1,04 Vcore on idle......)

Deleted
    Taking a screenshot during the Prime test would have stopped the scepticism m8 because what it looks like is

Stopped prime 95 (Voltages and temps go down)
    Started OCCT for 13 seconds (Not enough time to get it loaded fully)
    And bam screenshot

Not causing a fuss or anything just that's what it looked like to me anyway

Deleted
    Taking a screenshot during the Prime test would have stopped the scepticism m8 because what it looks like is

Stopped prime 95 (Voltages and temps go down)
    Started OCCT for 13 seconds (Not enough time to get it loaded fully)
    And bam screenshot

Not causing a fuss or anything just that's what it looked like to me anyway
    yeah actually found out later that my first ss was missing the lower part of my screen so had to make another one :P
    i understand the scepticism couldn't believe results myself either and double checked process with deltrus in pm's
    if any doubt i gladly double check with other software or new tests of some sort np at all

Deleted
    I can't say anything really until I posted mine Tho having issues getting past 4.8ghz ever since upgrading the bios... But I can go 5ghz on auto whilst keeping it under 1.5v>.> makes sense

Deleted
    I can't say anything really until I posted mine Tho having issues getting past 4.8ghz ever since upgrading the bios... But I can go 5ghz on auto whilst keeping it under 1.5v>.> makes sense
    ^^ anyway time to hit the sack here and hoping my OC tweak will make it through the night :P (just a minor multiplier +1 :P)