Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am seriously getting the overclocking itch again...

When I got my computer back up and working several months ago, I knew what voltages and settings to set right off the bat, I stayed in the comfort zone.

THAT TIME ENDS TODAY.

"It's begun. Young overclockers, I was once like you. You have come to this thread, seeking to bring average overclocks upon the elite. You will delve deep into your most unknown areas of your BIOS. You will see mathematical scores you never even dreamed of. But, tread lightly, for the overclocks themselves will rise up against you...

Blue Screens of Death will rid you of any hope to succeed! Sacrifice all hardware...

As the final error hits...

In the end, all that awaits you, is MY JUDGMENT. Only then will you understand, you've been at my mercy ALL ALONG!

So, approach then, you overclockers, approach and post in all your watts and volts, for in the final busclock, all must fulfill the one, true, overclocking thread boss."

It was the best I could do.

Inspired by: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49lAs9Q3jJ4

Needless to say, the journey to 5GHz... begins now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mercs213 View Post
    Name: mercs213
    Processor: i5-3570k
    Clock: 4.4GHz
    Voltage: CPU-Z shows 1.144 -1.152v when priming (1.144 mostly when I was watching it)
    Cooler: Custom Loop
    Screenshot Link: http://postimg.org/image/flyxgu47v/ (imgur wasn't working >_>)
    Valid CPU-Z Link: http://valid.canardpc.com/arpxx3
    A 13 hour test! My apologies for only seeing this now! Adding without a doubt!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why I didn't think of this thread when I got my 4770k
    Oh well, testing 4.9GHz on prime95 as we speak. Have only got it stable through Aida64 though.
    Getting 65-70c at 1.4v which is amazing seeing as people running custom loops with 1.2v and getting higher temps than mine Delid <3
    Will post back in the morning.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gimme some Haswell!!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. I should attempt a 5.1ghz run @ 1.5v just to peeve people off on that Sandy Bridge list, althought I think even 8 hours of that may be enough to make my chip scream "XUVIAL Y U DO THIS TO ME MAN" at me

Those running 5ghz at 1.41-1.43v, fucking hell, so lucky...
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Yea, tell me about it... I'm running 4.4 at 1.256v and I'm hitting late 80s to early 90s... Such a bad chip :<
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    Yea, tell me about it... I'm running 4.4 at 1.256v and I'm hitting late 80s to early 90s... Such a bad chip :<
    delidding is calling you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    delidding is calling you
    I was actually thinking about doing this the next time intel releases their new processors, what would be the best way to do it?

I was thinking about it because, well, I wanted to maybe overclock it more, and seeing as how intel has been not using as much thermal paste/whatever anymore, I can't really see doing it without delidding it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
    I was actually thinking about doing this the next time intel releases their new processors, what would be the best way to do it?

I was thinking about it because, well, I wanted to maybe overclock it more, and seeing as how intel has been not using as much thermal paste/whatever anymore, I can't really see doing it without delidding it.
    Some people have been doing the vice method, I did this with my earlier 4770k and bend the PCB...
    I used the razor method that took 5 minutes. It's risky since the circuits are around the middle which wasn't the case with Ivy Bridge.

Also I woke to my chip crashing the test, for some reason prime95 loves voltage seeing as aida64 was stable for 8 hours and been using it for gaming all day..
    Will test again today though.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Toffie, make sure the error doesn't have anything to do with other things as well.

Like I've gotten a ton of error 124 BSODs, which can be VCore, PLL Voltage, AND/OR VCCIO. -.-

Needless to say, I had thought I finally got it stable... In comparison to all the previous Priming I'd done last night, I went up to bed after it had been going for over 3 hours! (As opposed to 5 minutes) and hoped...

Come down and the screen is blue, just wondering at what point it crashed, because had it lasted, that would have been almost 15 hours. :P

@Dragonling, who knows, on the next set of CPUs, Intel might quit the beating around the bush and use higher quality stuff. >_<

But anywho, my 4.7GHz@1.46v was almost stable... almost! PLL was at 1.7v and VCCIO at about 1.11275v.
    "A flower.

if you have no idea when your PC crashed, Open event viewer ---> windows logs ---> system and look for the error there.
    It has ALOT of entries though so gonna take a while :P.
    It also tells you what error was it, 124 etc.
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately it doesn't always save such information.

Pro tip: Use "Custom views" and "Administrative Events"... you can get a lot more information about your computer. :P

It will be a mystery forever. /ohwell
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Huh. I should attempt a 5.1ghz run @ 1.5v just to peeve people off on that Sandy Bridge list, althought I think even 8 hours of that may be enough to make my chip scream "XUVIAL Y U DO THIS TO ME MAN" at me

Those running 5ghz at 1.41-1.43v, fucking hell, so lucky...
    Teehee *blush*

Quote Originally Posted by Confined View Post
    if you have no idea when your PC crashed, Open event viewer ---> windows logs ---> system and look for the error there.
    It has ALOT of entries though so gonna take a while :P.
    It also tells you what error was it, 124 etc.
    Doesn't make 0x124 any less ambiguous though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm grinding my teeth at this! My overclocks wont stay stable in prime95 no matter how much voltage I put up, they all crash within a hour. I can run IBT & Aida64 on maximum all day and play battlefield 3 for weeks without issues. Anyone else have problem with prime95 with their haswell chips?

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Doesn't make 0x124 any less ambiguous though.
    True enough, I never got any other BSoD.. Always 0x124 ><

Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    I'm grinding my teeth at this! My overclocks wont stay stable in prime95 no matter how much voltage I put up, they all crash within a hour. I can run IBT & Aida64 on maximum all day and play battlefield 3 for weeks without issues. Anyone else have problem with prime95 with their haswell chips?
    Well IBT works better on Sandy bridge & Ivy bridge but Sandy bridge-E was working better on Prime95. I can easily do hours of IBT while I crash immediately within a minute in Prime95 with my 3930K. With my 2600K on the other hand it was just totally reversed. It just means up your Vcore or in your case go lower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    But anywho, my 4.7GHz@1.46v was almost stable... almost! PLL was at 1.7v and VCCIO at about 1.11275v.
    Why wouldn't you keep the PLL at stock voltage 1.8V? You don't really need more than 1.1V on the memory controller for 1600MHz 8GB ram.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been running 18 hours of Aida64 while watcing HD movies with no crash yet.
    Why prime95 crashes after 20 min is a mystery to me, even at 1.4v 4.2GHz I still crash lol.

I want on the list but prime95 is beeing a bitch, can I/we run aida64 for 8 hours for validation?

Been running 18 hours of Aida64 while watcing HD movies with no crash yet.
    Why prime95 crashes after 20 min is a mystery to me, even at 1.4v 4.2GHz I still crash lol.

I want on the list but prime95 is beeing a bitch, can I/we run aida64 for 8 hours for validation?
    Which test of prime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Which test of prime?
    The old one and newest for Haswell (28.1).

The old one and newest for Haswell (28.1).
    I mean blend, large fft's or small fft's?