Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All you're missing is a CPU-ID validation link, if you can provide it and post everything in the correct format you'll meet the boards. :P I just have had this issue with friends on here and gave them no special treatment because I'm all about fairness. Like I know Cyanotical's rig is stable but he still has to prove it. ^_<
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Name:Voorhees83, Wilson83
    Processor: Intel Core i7-3930k CPU
    Clock: 4513.14
    Voltage: 1.304
    Cooler: XSPC Raystorm Extreme w/ 360 and 240 rads, MCP655 pump, 1/2" tubing
    Screenshot: http://imgur.com/73Gbx
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2388721

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to date. ^_^
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    All you're missing is a CPU-ID validation link, if you can provide it and post everything in the correct format you'll meet the boards. :P I just have had this issue with friends on here and gave them no special treatment because I'm all about fairness. Like I know Cyanotical's rig is stable but he still has to prove it. ^_<
    the problem i am having is how do i validate a "by core" overclock, three separate validations all link the same thing: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2388799

or IBT complains about a 101.5 BCLK, i suppose i could make it easy and remove some ram and drop the speed down to 1333, but what would be the fun in that

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 10:01 PM ----------

Name: Cyanotical
    Processor: Core I7-3960x
    Clock: 4.6Ghz
    Voltage: Offset
    Cooler: Koolance CPU-370
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/zE93r.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2388820

Deleted
    Sharing my 24/7 clock of my 3570k:

Code:
    Name: Marest
    Processor: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
    Clock: 4400Mhz
    Voltage: 1.2V
    Cooler: Corsair H80 with 2x Enermax Magma
    Screenshot LINK (during): http://i.imgur.com/6l5yg.jpg
    Screenshot LINK (complete): http://i.imgur.com/RSCsy.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2389186

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Sharing my 24/7 clock of my 3570k:

Code:
    Name: Marest
    Processor: Intel Ivy Bridge i5 3570k
    Clock: 4400Mhz
    Voltage: 1.2V
    Cooler: Corsair H80 with 2x Enermax Magma
    Screenshot LINK (during): http://i.imgur.com/6l5yg.jpg
    Screenshot LINK (complete): http://i.imgur.com/RSCsy.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2389186
    Holy crap those get hot Oo

Put it on maximum, I dare you :P J/K, nice overclock man

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by protput View Post
    Holy crap those get hot Oo
    That's during IBT. Just ran some Diablo III with fans on low and didn't exceed 55C.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still think all 'Bridge' CPUs should be required to pass 12 hours of Prime95 27.7+ ...preferably 17.5 hours so they run through every FFT length. Cyanotical can complain all he wants about temps, but Sandy Bridge Es don't actually run significantly hotter at the core level than Sandy Bridge (increased die area.) If you're going to be a wienie about temps anyway, then the OC leaderboard thread might not be for you.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I still think all 'Bridge' CPUs should be required to pass 12 hours of Prime95 27.7+ ...preferably 17.5 hours so they run through every FFT length. Cyanotical can complain all he wants about temps, but Sandy Bridge Es don't actually run significantly hotter at the core level than Sandy Bridge (increased die area.) If you're going to be a wienie about temps anyway, then the OC leaderboard thread might not be for you.
    I agree. I had a minor instability 3 months after my posted OC on this thread. I had to bump VCORE up a bit to correct it.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I'm going to clear this up right now, I do not want any further attacks towards anyone, no matter how slight, naming someone and saying they're crying/being a wienie is just stupid, nothing more.

The reason I only ask for a minimum of 8 hours is because I wanted to have a healthy medium between NO real stress-testing-proof of stability (the old CPU OC leaderboards, that was stupid beyond comprehension) and the insanely high requirements more hardcore computer forums like overclockers.net/overclock.com (whatever the websites are exactly) may have. Most people aren't going to be away from their computer for 12-17.5 hours, I don't even think they would want to, if that were the required minimum for Prime95ing, then I think we would have far less posts in here. I realize it might not be 100% stable after 8 hours, but if it lasts 8 hours, that's a pretty good length of time and is *more than likely* stable.

I have not had a single BSOD in over 6 months now, which I am very pleased to announce, and I tested my OC with F@H, for I believe about 8 hours.

We have a specific set of rules in place and they've been honed down and accepted by many, it's okay to bring up ideas and what-not, but making personal attacks is simply not okay with me. While I understand a longer P95 test may prove some OCs unstable, again, these forums are not the super-hardcore ones, this is just supposed to be a little fun. Remember, at least we now have SOMEthing in place to check stability/prove stability, since we did not before. I would personally consider my own OC stable, as I've had no issues in a long time, if people want to provide updated VCores (i.e. Asera) they are invited to if they would like and I'll gladly update them, however I do not care whether they do or do not.
    "A flower.

Hey Coolflame,

I have the same CPU, even down to the batch number, as you do. I know you have a Extreme4 but hopefully that is close enough to my Extreme6 that it will not make much of a difference. Can you post some screen shots of your BIOS for me, please?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SightUp View Post
    Hey Coolflame,

I have the same CPU, even down to the batch number, as you do. I know you have a Extreme4 but hopefully that is close enough to my Extreme6 that it will not make much of a difference. Can you post some screen shots of your BIOS for me, please?

Thanks!
    Going to quickly come in here and suggest you do NOT use someone else's voltages, I don't care how similar your CPUs are, voltages will always be different and things will work differently. Follow a guide on how to OC and find the right spot for you.
    "A flower.

Name: Jiambi
    Processor: I5-3750k
    Clock: 4.4
    Voltage:Stock settings, but its reading between 1.168/1.224 seems to float around between there 1.224 is what the validation lists
    Cooler:H-100
    Screenshot LINK:http://i.imgur.com/xSmkN.jpg
    Valid CPU-Z link:http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2391204

After literally thinking i was going to go insane trying to O.C. my PC i think i got all the gremlins out. Just needed a BIOS update that improved the voltage regulation. I did P95 27.7.1 overnight/while at work and while i know it passed while i slept(8.5 hours) the wife turned it off after i left for work bc "You know you left your PC on ALL night last night" I just did a /sigh and said sorry lol. I'm going to try for higher but i seem to have 1 core that is +5/7 deg hotter than the rest and i am not sure i like that.

Had p95 ran and passed it would have been a 24hr run. Not sure i will have that much away time to do another 24hr run.
    My new baby
    CPU: i5-3570k @4.1 Cooler: H-100 MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: 16Gig Mushkin Blackline 1600 SSD: Crucial M4 128 HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB GPU: MSI 7950 OC @ 925/1375 Case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    You ran your processor under stressful conditions for a whopping 6 minutes. My PC passes hours of IBT, but fails in about an hour under Prime95 27.7.1 at the same settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jiambi,

After a lot of consideration I am sorry to say I have chosen to deny your post to join the CPU leaderboards on the basis of us not being able to see in the SS just about any of the information in IntelBurnTest (i.e. the hopefully 10 tests, how long they took, etc).

Also, while I realize the initial post in this thread said "high" settings for IBT earlier, that was a mistake and I meant to have it be very high, thus I have changed it. High is only using 2GB of your RAM, which is hardly sufficient to be a good test, very high should use 4GB, which while still a small amount in comparison to the maximum I used to have as what people had to do, or what P95 will use, it's still a better test.

Again, I am sorry to deny your post, as I believe your story is genuine, but I give no special consideration to anyone here, not my friends, not myself. You also don't need to run Prime95 27.7.1 for 24 hours or anything, as the minimum requirement is only 8 hours. I would suggest you tell your wife that you are going to be doing some stress/stability-testing and it needs to go for several hours so she doesn't turn it off on you in the morning.

-Deltrus

kidsafe,

Could I just request you be a little less demanding? This isn't your thread, rules are in place, you've requested changes, some of them have been taken, some have been denied, that does not mean you should come in here and try to critique peoples' OCs, especially in such a demeaning manner. I'd really like this thread to go back to the nicer ways it used to be, if that would at all be possible.

Thanks!

-Deltrus
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Jiambi,

After a lot of consideration I am sorry to say I have chosen to deny your post to join the CPU leaderboards on the basis of us not being able to see in the SS just about any of the information in IntelBurnTest (i.e. the hopefully 10 tests, how long they took, etc).

Also, while I realize the initial post in this thread said "high" settings for IBT earlier, that was a mistake and I meant to have it be very high, thus I have changed it. High is only using 2GB of your RAM, which is hardly sufficient to be a good test, very high should use 4GB, which while still a small amount in comparison to the maximum I used to have as what people had to do, or what P95 will use, it's still a better test.

Again, I am sorry to deny your post, as I believe your story is genuine, but I give no special consideration to anyone here, not my friends, not myself. You also don't need to run Prime95 27.7.1 for 24 hours or anything, as the minimum requirement is only 8 hours. I would suggest you tell your wife that you are going to be doing some stress/stability-testing and it needs to go for several hours so she doesn't turn it off on you in the morning.

-Deltrus
    All you really need is the time to determine the amount of runs. At 2048MB Memory, 30.866 seconds per run for 10 runs is actually right.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    if people want to provide updated VCores (i.e. Asera) they are invited to if they would like and I'll gladly update them, however I do not care whether they do or do not.
    I didn't have a BSOD until I ran a couple VMs at the same time.

Which you don't do!

WANNABE NERD.

Also, update mine to 1.335v from 1.325v.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    I didn't have a BSOD until I ran a couple VMs at the same time.

Which you don't do!
    Pardon me while I go turn on my XP SP3 32bit and Fedora 13 64 bit VMs and update your vcore from one of those and then PM you from a different one all while Frapsing from Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

;D
    "A flower.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Sandy Bridge is forbidden from using IBT because Prime95 is a better stability test. SB-E and IVB are fundamentally based on the same microarchitecture, right? This isn't about making demands...I just want consistency. Either IBT should be allowed or disallowed for all 'Bridge' processors.

Note that I'm okay with just 8 hours of Prime95 27.7. Even at 8 hours it's going to be a much tougher stability test.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2012-06-02 at 08:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking at the rules I would agree that using IBT would be a no-brainer if you're running an SB chip. Even though it puts out higher temps, it's far easier to pass IBT runs than P95. I would take 10xIBT over 8 hours of P95 blend any day (for me it's been a nightmare to get anything stable on P95 for more than an hour or two). Another reason I don't run IBT is...well, because it's more of a test for your COOLER than stability. I don't know what it does exactly but it makes temps skyrocket 10-12c higher than anything else.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-02 at 07:29 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze