Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got my FX-8350 up to 4.4Ghz with 1.45v. Tried 4.5Ghz with 1.48v but one core kept failing Prime95. CPU temp never goes past 60C. My Radeon HD 7850 is running 1200Mhz Core with 1.225v and memory at 1275Mhz.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Please see rules: Prime95 is no longer accepted.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Name:Cowd
    Processor: i5-6600k
    Clock: 4702.21 MHz
    Voltage: 1.234 V
    Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/YceK4NC
    Valid CPU-Z link:http://valid.x86.fr/hpx8vd

This is the second 6600k I've received. The first one had an error and when i tried to get past 4.0 gHZ it would BSOD all day. Eventually RMA'd it and it was established faulty. Really weird but it was acting up for the entire first week I had it. Second time around things have gone way smoother. Love the new Skylake architecture. This baby with a 980Ti crushes anything I can throw at it.

The high resolution of my monitor made the imgur link for of unforgiving. If you need it sized better let me know and I can play around with it.
    Last edited by Cowd; 2015-12-09 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Imgur being silly

10+ Year Old Account
    Picture zoomed in wonderfully, nothing to worry about!

And wow, 4.7GHz at only 1.164v to 1.234v under a higher load. That's pretty awesome man! You're going straight to the top! That's definitely a high-binned CPU if I ever saw one, especially when you compare to the voltages and speeds of the other two posters with Skylake CPUs!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! Honestly I was so discouraged after the first one. Spent the better part of two full work days tinkering with it and no matter what I threw at it, it would BSOD even .1 MHz over stock clock speed. By the end of the second day it wouldn't even boot. Really glad I got a keeper this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowd View Post
    Thanks! Honestly I was so discouraged after the first one. Spent the better part of two full work days tinkering with it and no matter what I threw at it, it would BSOD even .1 MHz over stock clock speed. By the end of the second day it wouldn't even boot. Really glad I got a keeper this time around.
    My first Sandy Bridge chip was the same way. It wasn't COMPLETELY awful, it actually managed to clock up to 4.0 for a while, but its memory controller took a big ol' dump one day and wouldn't stop BSODding. Intel RMA'd it and I got one that does 4.8GHz under a $20 tower cooler. If at first you don't succeed....
    Super casual.

*pokes head in*
    OHAI GAIZ!

I see we have had some nice additions to the list! Might have to drop another Devil's Canyon in the list in the coming days * see sig, *
    Rumor has it "Santa" is gonna be dropping some Skylake goodies on me this year.... /rattles boxes under tree...
    @ Del... beer?
    Last edited by Gravewyrm; 2015-12-10 at 04:42 AM.
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

10+ Year Old Account
    *raises a glass*

Yes? :P

Would love some new additions, though! >_<
    "A flower.

So, I've been tinkering a bit, and have been trying to keep the voltage as low as possible, while turning up the multi. So far, ive managed a 4.5Ghz clock, stable, with 1.200v. Ive done some small batches of stress testing, followed by a long uptime run with just my usual usage. THis is with gaming, web browsing, and a small bit of photoshop work over the course of a cpl days...

Really liking the cool temps. I will start an overnight stress test tonight to test "true" stability with A64. Thoughts?
    | i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz | Asus Z97 Pro Gamer | 32Gigs Kingston FuryX 1866 RAM | Kingston Predator M.2 240Gig SSD | 4x Intel 320 Series SATA II RAID 0 | Samsung 850 Pro OS X Drive | WD Red 1TB Media Drive | NVidia GTX 960 | Noctua NH-D15 | Dell S2340 IPS | Fractal Design Define R4 |

Name:Iamanerd
    Processor:i7-5930k
    Clock:4.7GHz
    Voltage:1.350v
    Cooler:H110i GTX
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/fdoqFLw
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/axjkbb

This is my benchmark OC, I don't really want to run it for 8 hours on 1.350v right now as I'm not too comfortable doing it at this time. I'll edit this post with my 1.28v 4.5GHz 24/7 OC that'll I'll use for everyday use once I run another test over night as I forgot to screenshot it Also had to remove half my damn drives for the benchmark testing so I only had 2 SSD's and a HDD hooked up at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ouch! Well, run it again tonight perhaps and let's see it!

Can't add ya till then, though. =/

And you should become the comfortables.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewyrm View Post
    So, I've been tinkering a bit, and have been trying to keep the voltage as low as possible, while turning up the multi. So far, ive managed a 4.5Ghz clock, stable, with 1.200v. Ive done some small batches of stress testing, followed by a long uptime run with just my usual usage. THis is with gaming, web browsing, and a small bit of photoshop work over the course of a cpl days...

Really liking the cool temps. I will start an overnight stress test tonight to test "true" stability with A64. Thoughts?
    I say run it overnight and give me now two updates to put up! Looks good though, just be sure you follow posting rules, like how Iamanerd posted.
    "A flower.

Alright here's an update with my 24/7 OC, could've sat at 4.6GHz @ 1.300vcore but 4.5 @1.28 was fine. Later down the line I'll do an 8 hour test on 4.7 @ 1.350.

Name:Iamanerd
    Processor:i7-5930k
    Clock:4.5GHz
    Voltage:1.280v
    Cooler:H110i GTX
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/ArSU3lP
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/8ljynz

I took out my 2 1TB blacks and put them into a server box I have going and I didn't have my 1TB 840 EVO hooked up at the time, also kinda annoyed one of my 16GB Corsair kits was bad so I had to RMA it Regardless I feel I got a pretty good chip! My average temps were pretty good as they sat around mid to high 50's and low 60's in a room that has a 24/7 server and a NAS running along with my consoles/TV etc. so it's a bit warm in here with no window open since it's almost winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to hear about the RAM, that's lame. Yeah, I feel like there was a time we could depend on Corsair more - ever since a few years ago when they started trying to make 90% of computer components under the sun, their QC has gone downhill, it seems.

Added!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    hmm the gauntlet has been thrown down I see.
    Will see just how far I can push it today and let it run a test in the morning

10+ Year Old Account
    Clock@voltage, Crowd has you beat pretty handily. He's 200MHz higher yet .05v lower.

If you could potentially reach a clock he could not for whatever reason, then you'd win. :P

Then again, how much tinkering to bring the voltage down to the bare minimum did you do?
    "A flower.

Deleted
    I understand we can't have a million stickies but I wish this leaderboard was one sometimes

10+ Year Old Account
    It's in my siggy plus it is in fact a sticky.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eck-Here-First
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It's in my siggy plus it is in fact a sticky.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...eck-Here-First
    Ok ok, fair enough

yes I knew about your sig.

Name: Gravewyrm
    Processor: 4790K
    Clock: 4.5Ghz
    Voltage: 1.200v (1.216v under max load)
    Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
    Screenshot LINK: http://imgur.com/3QIpvCy
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/a78h1b

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 1.216v?! BRO. Push that thing further! I think you have a really well-binned chip! Just look at the voltages of the other people with your CPU! You have the potential to take 1st place if you can manage it! Plus you have a cooler that would handle it no problem! 8)

Added!
    "A flower.