Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yes, that's normal. There's usually an area where your heatsink might not perform quite as well (intense load situations, think high voltage) and thus it takes the heatsink longer to dissipate it. This is normal though and 80 Celsius is okay. No game will ever push your CPU that hot.

What heatsink do you have?

And yeah, I turn all my case fans up to max pretty much just to get the best temperature results and such, so that's obviously a good idea! ^_^
    Thanks, was worried because OCCT was pushing it much higher than other peoples temps at higher voltage with same cpu - I'll use Alda now though, seems it's easier than OCCT and my coolers a NH-D14
    Running 4.4@1.26v atm, gonna keep lowering voltage and when i find the lowest i'll probably do the 8hour test overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Yeh my bad lol i meant 1.26 ofc, edited it now.
    You missed one :3

I'm having the same issue tho for some reason my temps are spiking really badly. And I haven't even touched my voltages yet.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    Thanks, was worried because OCCT was pushing it much higher than other peoples temps at higher voltage with same cpu - I'll use Alda now though, seems it's easier than OCCT and my coolers a NH-D14
    Running 4.4@1.26v atm, gonna keep lowering voltage and when i find the lowest i'll probably do the 8hour test overnight.
    If you want to be on the safe side, I always stick around for the first half hour to 60 minutes of the test just to be sure. Temps are likely to reach their max during that timeframe and usually, if your OC isn't stable, you'll get a BSOD in that timeframe, however I've had BSODs after 3 and 5 hours before, too.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So, what value should I trust more for vCore? OCCT/HWmonitor/CPU-Z/bios? I want to try and push my 2500K to 5ghz

10+ Year Old Account
    CPU-ID and BIOS.

What voltage and temps are you at for your 2500K at 4.7GHz, though? 5GHz on the 2500K is not a simple task and most 2500Ks won't reach it.
    "A flower.

Name: Twentytwelve
    Processor: I7 6700k
    Clock: 4400mhz
    Voltage: 1.25 (in bios)
    Cooler: Noctua D14
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/AtMoLsI.png
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/em9qdt

I think I've done everything correctly, Not sure if this is the lowest voltage possible, just wanted to do a 8 hr + test at 1.25 atm.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2016-07-11 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the boards!
    "A flower.

Clock: 4500mhz
    Voltage: 1.26 (in bios)
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/y8X8u7n.png
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/63qeyi

Randomly put the i7 to 4500mhz @ 1.27, didn't crash, put to 1.26 and left to test overnight, wonder if 1.25 is possible lol, either way i'm hoping for 4600mhz with not much higher voltage.

Edit:
    4600mhz @ 1.29v crashed, seems stable at 1.3v though, hour test no crash, will test overnight, may be reaching my limit due to temps (?) 80c in AIDA atm.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2016-07-11 at 11:03 AM.

Hi guys, so I have a 6600k at 4.4 at only 1.20. I have not tested it with any high stress benchmark for 8 hours or anything like that except the intel xtreme tuning utility for an hour, temps hover around 45-50c. Coupling this with a strix 1070, I have been gaming at 4k and doing general browsing and computing for more than a week now, with no issues at all.

Any potential here? I'm planning to test 4.5 with aida sometime in the next few days..

I think a bit over 1.3v is where haswell hits its thermal wall (where temps spike drastically with just a little more volts). You seem to have a decent chip, try 1.3v and 4.7 and see what happens, dont worry about long stress testing just dial in your OC and run a quick stress test to check temps, to do a REAL stress test use your PC as normal.

Okay so something weird, i was testing 4600mhz @1.3v yday for an hour and half, stopped the test and decided to watch a video and the pc crashed, fair enough, so i went back to the clocks that were tested above, 4500mhz @ 1.26v, funny enough this also crashed during watching videos (yet it passed a 10hour+ AIDA test?) so i had to up the voltage to 1.265.

Anyway did a 4600mhz @ 1.305v test last night.

Clock: 4600mhz
    Voltage: 1.305 (in bios)
    Screenshot LINK: http://i.imgur.com/MvvXlIP.png
    Valid CPU-Z link: http://valid.x86.fr/swwy7h

This is normal, DONT RUN STRESS TESTS TO FIND A STABLE OVERCLOCK. Ive been literally saying this for years, find a voltage and clock run a test for 5 mins to find max temps THEN use your pc as normal to find if its stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    This is normal, DONT RUN STRESS TESTS TO FIND A STABLE OVERCLOCK. Ive been literally saying this for years, find a voltage and clock run a test for 5 mins to find max temps THEN use your pc as normal to find if its stable.
    Using your PC as normal is not considered "stress" though, since so many people barely push their systems.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Using your PC as normal is not considered "stress" though, since so many people barely push their systems.
    Yeah but (at least for the GPU) if your OC is withstanding a stress test does not mean it cannot be unstable.

Your OC might be perfectly fine during stress testing and during game A, but it might crash during game B. I haven't stress tested my OC on my 6700k, but so far it hasn't crashed yet during gaming

To add, I did do a 15 min stress test to see if temps are in order etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say it is more likely to crash during a stress test than elsewhere, but yes, is it possible? Of course. Nothing is 100% the best all-around going to put the CPU through every possible scenario, but a stress test comes the closest.

Running your CPU at, let's say, 45% varying some percents above or below that, for a few hours of gaming, will not be as good as a proper 100% full load.

This thread is about more than just "finding your max temps" it's about showing you OC'd your CPU, tested and tweaked until you got it just right, and feeling proud of yourself and having a fun little competition with others with the same CPU.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, there's no money here, not for me, not for you, not for anyone, this is simply supposed to be fun and we can try to help each other get good overclocks. Bringing in this negativity on the other hand makes it no fun because then I have to debate the merits of it and I'm sick of doing that. It's obviously a successful thread and people have had fun posting in it over the years.

Get over it.
    "A flower.

You are entirely missing the point. Ive had PC's pass overnight prime 95 sessions with zero errors, boot up WoW the next day and had a crash within 5 minutes. It was common sense stuff to me ever since that you find a voltage and a clock that is not at the thermal wall then run your PC as you usually would daily. If it doesnt crash, its stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I suggesting people run their systems at the thermal wall in this thread?
    "A flower.

Personally i expect a stress test to determine if my system is stable more than general usage, i just found the crash odd.
    the 4.5 clock seemed stable after i upped the voltage by 0.05 anyway, my most recent test though, 4.6 @ 1.305v has been crashing a lot, again was just browsing youtube videos when the crash occurred.

I upped the voltage to 1.31v - 1.315v - 1.325v and after that crash i just upped it to 1.345v, seems like the crashing is gone for now anyway.

So atm i'm running at 4600mhz @ 1.345v, did a 5 min test in AIDA as usual, got 84c.
    My room idle temps seem to be quite high though (or maybe they're fine? I'm not so sure)

Temps: http://imgur.com/a/40D4j

Was wondering if there's anything i can do to decrease temps overall?
    My Case: Corsair 300R I have 2 case fans + the Noctua D14 Cooler.

Fan Setup: http://imgur.com/a/z4LBC

Pcs in a desk panel, quite crowded but i have the case pushed all the way up to the right side of the panel so theres a bit of room for the left side of the case with the holes to get air or what not.

Would temps change much by getting a fan for the front to take air in?

Sorry for cluttering the thread /if this isn't okay to ask in here, just wanting to try push as much as possible and keeping a record of all stable OC's for this system.

EDIT: i know 84c isn't that big of a deal since it was stress testing but playing wow + streaming isn't far off from the temps, for example the temps above were taken with 0 gaming just loading the pc/youtube and stuff, wow + streaming would most likely reach 80c.
    Last edited by TwentyTwelve; 2016-07-12 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    You don't have an intake fan?
    I would get one, just in case. Fans are not that expensive and it might help.
    @Deltrus, I am not attacking you or the tread (if it looked that way). I know the aim of the tread and the GPU one as well. I was just saying that stress testing is not everything. I also know out of own experience that for the GPU at least (which I said before) your OC might be fine for game A but crash in game B for whatever reason that might be. I will leave it at that

No i gave away all my spare fans unfortunately, i'll be ordering some and fixing my fan setup, hoping it'll ease the temps a bit. Apparently according to an app (tempo) my room temp is 15c (really doubting the accuracy of this app but i don't have any other way of testing).