Page 1 of 3
LastLast

jewelcrafting 4.3

So whats deal here ?

will we be able to buy pattern or what ever it is for tokens or not?
    if yes: what will be the mats??

kkthx for answers

Deleted
    Epic JC Patterns can be bough for 4 or 5 tokens.
    4 tokens is a random Cut
    5 is specific.

Deleted
    Moved to professions, but the person above is correct

ok cool, but what is the mats ?

epic gems that only drop in raid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino2509 View Post
    ok cool, but what is the mats ?
    What are the mats?

Queen's Garnet (red)
    Lava Coral (orange)
    Shadow Spinel (purple)
    Lightstone (yellow)
    Deepholm Iolite (blue)
    Elven Peridot (green)

Each boss kill in DS gives each raid member a 'geode' of sorts which when opened has a chance to give and epic gem.

Quote Originally Posted by buurner View Post
    Each boss kill in DS gives each raid member a 'geode' of sorts which when opened has a chance to give and epic gem.
    Has this been confirmed? And if so FML because I have about 20k pyrite ore collected.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellaimed View Post
    Has this been confirmed? And if so FML because I have about 20k pyrite ore collected.
    Sadly yes...

Quote Originally Posted by Nosleh View Post
    Sadly yes...
    Great, now what the heck am I going to do with all this pyrite, which is now essentially useless.....?

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siggma View Post
    Epic JC Patterns can be bough for 4 or 5 tokens.
    4 tokens is a random Cut
    5 is specific.
    Ok, is it a smart system that won't give you a cut you already have if you choose the random one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buurner View Post
    Don't forget alchemists can transmute the epic gems as well.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    Will the geode drop in LFR gruop aswell?

is there actual confirmation on alchy's being able to xmute the epics? if so any idea on the cost of the recipe? and the mats?

10+ Year Old Account
    Great, now what the heck am I going to do with all this pyrite, which is now essentially useless.....?

---------- Post added 2011-11-19 at 01:43 PM ----------

Ok, is it a smart system that won't give you a cut you already have if you choose the random one?
    1: i feel ur pain
    2: doubt itll be smart until enough people complain, so im gonna stockpile tokens at least a week...
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Deleted
    You are fine if you do one of the following: a) sell it now while the prices are still high (they will drop after a couple of weeks into the patch), or b) prospect and be prepared to sell a load of gems during the first few days of the patch when people are going nuts with the new instances/raids and get lots of new gear which sockets they need to gem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Don't forget alchemists can transmute the epic gems as well.
    Where did you get this info? Afaik its only a rumor. I mean, on ptr trainers dont teach any new recipes, so unless the bosses drop recipes for transmutes, no epic gems from alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Where did you get this info? Afaik its only a rumor. I mean, on ptr trainers dont teach any new recipes, so unless the bosses drop recipes for transmutes, no epic gems from alchemy.
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71960

The patterns are there, but nobody knows where they come from, if they are sold or dropped. They may not make it into the final build, which would sort of blow.

Deleted
    the random-recipe is just as 'smart' as the inscription discovery recipes and books of glyph-mastery, so you cant learn a recipe you allready know from it, but the chances are very high that you learn some useless recipe -> something like 50-60 existing recipes, but only like 10-15 of them are usefull for pve (not sure about pvp), so the chance that you learn some usefull recipe is in the range of 1:4-1:6

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffman View Post
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71960

The patterns are there, but nobody knows where they come from, if they are sold or dropped. They may not make it into the final build, which would sort of blow.
    Well we are only about 2 weeks away from the patch and there is still no sign of them on the ptr. My guess is that they might not be added at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Well we are only about 2 weeks away from the patch and there is still no sign of them on the ptr. My guess is that they might not be added at all.
    I kind of have a feeling that Blizzard is going to add it later in a minor patch, like 4.3.2 or something. They've said they want it to take a long time to get maxed out on epic gems, but I'm sure *eventually* it won't make sense to have them be that rare anymore. Certainly by the time MoP comes out, but probably before that.

To the people who stockpiles pyrite, I'd suggest (if you have a blacksmith) to smelt enough of it to make a good amount of belt buckles because those should sell like hotcakes while people gear up, and still sell consistently even in the down times. I'm on a medium pop server and I sell 2-3 a day and make 50-200g profit each depending on the market right now while people aren't on as much. I expect to sell at least 5-10 a day the first few weeks of 4.3 while people are replacing their old belts.

If you don't have a blacksmith, I'd suggest smelting some because there are blacksmiths who need the bars, and alchemists who need them to transmute truegold. Only do a few at a time, it's low demand.

Prospecting also isn't as bad as you think. If volatile earth has a decent price on your server then you really don't lose much money doing the shuffle with pyrite and selling the volatile earth. On my server, it's actually profitable to shuffle pyrite right now and sell the volatiles and cut gems.