Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, im starting to drift away from the game slowly but surely. I went to check the price to craft the new LGV. When i saw 50k crystite for one component. I was like wut..? I'm not "grinding" a game in beta, a very devoid beta for that matter. Heck i don't grind in Live games , not about to start on a game in beta. The crafting is still more complicated than it needs to be in my opinion, i feel like im back in the WoW days of crafting feeling more like an hassle than a asset. Durability just plain sucks. End of.

I still like the looks, the asthetics, and the overall theme of the game, its a cool Sci Fi setting.
    But the game itself while enjoyable at its core (shoot shit is fun amirite) , it just lacks depth where it needs to have, while bringing archaic systems to a game in 2013.
    And TBH i've started playing this in October last year. We are in May right now. Thats about 7 to 8 months, and i didn't see the game improving that much within that time frame. Other than making Battleframes really fun. When are they planning to release this? 2020?

I'm still following the game, will still play it to spend spare tme, and am filling every survey they send with my feedback, so i really hope that this "deadline" they set themselves (July 9th Open Beta), really rallies them to patch the game a crapton of content to keep me busy while they iron the details on their systems.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-05-08 at 01:15 AM.

Deleted
    Just a quick question.

I see you can kinda pre-order the game, get a name reserve etc. If i pay the 20$, do i get to try the beta now? or do I still need to wait till the 9th july? Really want to try this game, willing to pay to do so.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Just a quick question.

I see you can kinda pre-order the game, get a name reserve etc. If i pay the 20$, do i get to try the beta now? or do I still need to wait till the 9th july? Really want to try this game, willing to pay to do so.
    Check your PMs. Your wish has been granted.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Check your PMs. Your wish has been granted.
    Wow O.o thank you so much. Not sure i deserve it but will definitely post back here

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow O.o thank you so much. Not sure i deserve it but will definitely post back here
    I've been sitting on my keys, anyone who is interested in the game deserves them. There are founder's packs available if you wish to do that, but I suggest trying the game before you spend any money. Now you can do so for free. Enjoy!
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been sitting on my keys, anyone who is interested in the game deserves them. There are founder's packs available if you wish to do that, but I suggest trying the game before you spend any money. Now you can do so for free. Enjoy!
    Edit: Gave all mine out. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Luko; 2013-05-11 at 08:06 PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Have to say, I like this game. Combat feels fluid, engine feels solid and the graphics are surprisingly well done.

Only gripe I had was the lack of something to tell you what to do. After playing traditional mmos for a long time, I spent like 30 minutes looking for my level, all i could find was my exp...turns out you don't exactly level. You use the exp to spend on upgrades. And questing is similar to gw2, with the dynamic events and such. After you work that out, games is really fun.

Was running around and found a tornado style boss. Had around 10 people fighting it. Gave an absolute ton of exp. Was really fun also. I love the fact that 1 class = every spec also. You can build and play on ones you like. For me, it's perfect, as a druid in WoW, I constantly find myself swapping between mdps/tank/healer and not very many mmos give you this option.

Even after the short play I had, definitely thinking about buying the 50$ package.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only gripe I had was the lack of something to tell you what to do
    It's really more of an adventure and find what you can kinda game. The initial tutorial is supposed to introduce you to how the suits work and let you try all the basic suits before you have to pick. Originally there was a short quest line that took you more into the flow of the game. That would really be ideal in the future, to introduce you to the different types of events and whatnot.

PS - to anyone else I'm out of beta keys now. I sent one to everyone who pmd me.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    It's really more of an adventure and find what you can kinda game. The initial tutorial is supposed to introduce you to how the suits work and let you try all the basic suits before you have to pick. Originally there was a short quest line that took you more into the flow of the game. That would really be ideal in the future, to introduce you to the different types of events and whatnot.

PS - to anyone else I'm out of beta keys now. I sent one to everyone who pmd me.
    Problem is a lot of players will be put off by this. I stuck by it and tried it and now finding it quite fun, but theres a huge portion of players that will land in 1st city..not know what to do and just quit, since its going to be f2p. I watched a video by mmohut and it had a fully implemented quest system in, as he said it was only to get people started, I guess this has been taken out since he recorded the video to what it is at the moment.

Only gripe I had was the lack of something to tell you what to do.
    Yeah, I think that was the issue I ran into when I played this last. I'm fine with having to explore and find my way to a certain extent, but I enjoy having a bit of guidance. I thought GW2 did a great job if it with the personal story leading you (if you wanted to follow it) but allowing you to explore on your own in the areas it leads you through. With this though, shortly after getting out of the tutorial I was like, "So...um...you had me do a dropfall thingy or whatever...do you just want me to do more of them or something? You're not giving me any feedback game..."

I'll have to give it another shot with the most recent patch, but each time I play it's like playing a brand new game and each time there's always some bug that prevents me form progressing or some design issue that pisses me the fuck off and causes me to quit : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is a lot of players will be put off by this.
    This is a closed beta. Just about everyone playing is either well versed in playing games or know someone who already can answer these questions/play with you. By the time it goes to open beta or soft release I'm sure they will have a more fleshed tutorial experience. Right now it's not really needed.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Just out of curiosity, what is the end game like/planned to be like?

Just out of curiosity, what is the end game like/planned to be like?
    There's a few raid bosses in the game so far. 5 man instances are coming along with world events (probably like the AQ gates)
    Ranked/ tourny pvp seems to be shaping up to be a thing. (Brontadon brawl went pretty well)
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone has any extra Beta keys I would enjoy one

10+ Year Old Account
    Only got to play the game very briefly yesterday, so at this moment I have no idea what I am meant to be doing.

First impressions for graphics, character movement, aiming etc. are all positive. I wasn't overly impressed with the customisation, but I get the feeling that will be a money sink and it looked like a lot of it was locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Only got to play the game very briefly yesterday, so at this moment I have no idea what I am meant to be doing.

First impressions for graphics, character movement, aiming etc. are all positive. I wasn't overly impressed with the customisation, but I get the feeling that will be a money sink and it looked like a lot of it was locked.
    Yeah, as with most F2P games, cosmetics are expensive.
    In firefall, it's particularly a money sink as the war paints are 'on use' like an ink in Rift rather than reusable/stored ink in GW2.

That said, everything else is free.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone log in? I've been stuck at Waiting on Response for awhile now

Deleted
    Another quick question. How do you level the battleframes? I've been playing for about a day now and i'm still level 1 on all according to their site.

Quote Originally Posted by andersong View Post
    Can anyone log in? I've been stuck at Waiting on Response for awhile now
    Had the very same problem yesterday, i just hit space or just clicked with the mouse and it was successful.

2 beta keys:

X4K5D-LV66K-1XU8V-3EOCK
    JQRCX-3BKEQ-TX6LK-6T1EN