Page 64 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    The rewards aren't that amazing. I think on day four you get 1000 green resources or something (and less stuff for days 1 thru 3). You can farm ARES missions for an hour with friends and make way more than that.
    ^

1 Ares mission tends to give more than that (and better quality). It's not really a reward. More an illusion of a reward.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    1 Ares mission tends to give more than that (and better quality). It's not really a reward. More an illusion of a reward.
    Yep...in this game it serves a couple of purposes.
    1) Reward you for what you are doing already.
    2) Motivate you to do different content/go somewhere different.

Neither of those are bad things we should be complaining about in any game.

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Whyyyyyyy?

I'm fed up with MMOs going down a "daily" path and I don't see why it's necessary. I don't want to have to log in to a game every day to be rewarded. >_<
    It makes less sense with WoW than it does for games with cash shops, TBH. WoW gets the same income regardless of how much you play. F2P cash shop games want you to play, because the more time you spend playing, the more likely you are to hit the cash shop. Something like this rewards people slightly to encourage them, but it's a small reward and easily ignorable if you don't want to bother, rather than so good it becomes a necessity.

Been practicing tanking (with my wife healing).

We are 2 manning group oranges with relative ease. Goes even faster when we have a DPS with us.

I think the best group comp is:
    Tank - Mammoth (using dread gun for alt fire shield)
    Healer - dragonfly (using alt fire as primary heal)
    Support - Electron (restock station is AMAZING for dragonfly due to its ammo problem. Back up group shield is great too)
    AOE DPS - Firecat (Duh)
    Single target DPS - Tie between rhino and accord recon (gun)
    *Nighthawk and Raptor are very handy dps because of their ability to pen shields and drop the engineer pets. Nighthawk also can help rez due to stealth
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -

So is the f2p model horrid now? Remember everyone was omgz about the game, then complaints about lots of things.
    I just wonder how hard it will be to make your char get pink gear?
    Tried the game on an beta event, bugged body only killed flesh walking around, jumping bugged... hope it has improved =) Dont know if I will try it out, if the business model is le crap
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So is the f2p model horrid now? Remember everyone was omgz about the game, then complaints about lots of things.
    I just wonder how hard it will be to make your char get pink gear?
    Tried the game on an beta event, bugged body only killed flesh walking around, jumping bugged... hope it has improved =) Dont know if I will try it out, if the business model is le crap
    What do you mean? (I don't think I've ever heard someone complain about the F2P model in the... nearly full year I've played)

It's like, 20 cents to turn your character's frame pink.

What do you mean?

It's like, 20 cents to turn your character's frame pink.
    ok, not something you can earn in game?

ok, not something you can earn in game?
    No... Because it's 100% cosmetic. Like a skin in league of legends.

However, the market MAY allow you to sell / buy items with red beans in a future patch. They haven't decided yet.

But like, is it really that bothersome that you might have to pay a quarter to get pink armor?

No... Because it's 100% cosmetic. Like a skin in league of legends.

However, the market MAY allow you to sell / buy items with red beans in a future patch. They haven't decided yet.

But like, is it really that bothersome that you might have to pay a quarter to get pink armor?
    Well, I watched it was included in char creation in the past, shame it was removed =/
    But overall I heard people wasn't happy with the business model in past months, that it has made the game worse... I dont know how so perhaps asking a little about overall info about the business model

Well, I watched it was included in char creation in the past, shame it was removed =/
    But overall I heard people wasn't happy with the business model in past months, that it has made the game worse... I dont know how so perhaps asking a little about overall info about the business model
    It's still in the game. My wife is wearing pink on her dragonfly. It's 15 cents. (just did a little math) *I was confused. You said "earn" so I figured you didn't mean "buy"

What got worse? Everyone in game seems to think it's gotten better.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-06-30 at 10:33 PM.

1ZMYP-GKFYK-7UEEX-QHN3E

Full key. Enjoy.

Anyone has or has had this issue in FireFall in which you can't type or click on anything on the login screen? The only thing you can do is killing the process from Windows to close the program or use your Xbox 360 controller and press "B" twice to quit the game.

This issue is kind of silly as when I have the controller plugged in I can only close the game via pressing "B" twice and if I run the game without the controller plugged in I can't do anything.

It's basically stuck in controller mode but I can't disable it as I can't access the options menu (and I wonder if there is an option for this anyway).
    Last edited by dragothica; 2013-07-01 at 07:18 PM.

Going to push back in sargossa sea

If anyone wants to save themselves grinding 4k melded cy, come quick.

Trying to get a beta invite if anyone has an extra.

Quote Originally Posted by mx25 View Post
    Trying to get a beta invite if anyone has an extra.
    out of keys and it goes open in literally a week

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    That really comes through in some of their pre-blackwater events.
    I tried to pug it with 5... It was explained to me, later, that it's tuned for 12 players.

And I need to farm BC more for materials (to make plate III stuff) which is tuned for 25 players.

And when I say players, I mean guilded people who know the fight and are on vent... Most BC pugs are only successful through overpowering the event with two to three times more players than it's tuned for.

(It's very strange how the higher the player count, the more accessible it is, whereas the smaller group stuff is much harder)

- - - Updated - - -

General Changes
    Blending resources will no longer decrease the overall quantity of resources.Jetball loading screen will now have a proper loading image.Changed UI to support up to 8 characters for two-stage authentication allowing for a longer delay between codes.Bastion ability, Multi-Turret, will now spawn more than three turrets at higher stages.
    Bug Fixes
    Fixed multiple crashes with the French version of the client.Existing players should now properly receive the melding pocket key mission when donating crystite resonators.Thumpers in the melding pockets are now pulling the proper resource types.Baneclaw will now reward a more appropriate amount of resources upon defeating him.Players should now have all the battleframes that they've unlocked previously.Battleframe abilities and upgrades that were not unlocked properly should be unlocked now.Fixed an issue where Shockwave would destroy ARES mission objectives.Fixed issues with the private lobby screen showing invalid data.Fixed an issue with the reward screen misaligning the reward if scrolling.All items should now unload from the manufacturing station without errors.Fixed multiple chat server crashes.Items listed to the marketplace should no longer disappear. All previous items should be showing up now.Performance improvements to web services affecting characters, inventory, etc.
    New Known Issues
    Researching Heavy Plasma MG does not unlock HMG Barrel Assembly IV blueprint, and therefore the component and Heavy Plasma MG IV cannot be crafted.

Keyboard Turner
    Can someone give me a beta key please?

victor at victorcorrea.com

Now that Bombing Run is in the game, I might actually give PvP a shot.

I doubt it'll be any fun, since PvP in Firefall is pretty awful, but it'll at least be worth a try.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

Going to push back in Antarctica soon.

Get here.