Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
17
25
65
... LastLast
  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Noob question. How am I supposed to know that I have a key to give to someone else? Is there going to be an email or any kind of notification?
    There is an invites bar when you log in on the official site. Not sure there's an email notification.

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Noob question. How am I supposed to know that I have a key to give to someone else? Is there going to be an email or any kind of notification?

    https://beta.firefallthegame.com/invites Should be getting the next wave of invites when the new patch comes out.

  3. #283
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    https://beta.firefallthegame.com/invites Should be getting the next wave of invites when the new patch comes out.
    I don't have any invites
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  4. #284
    Ugh, I hate being this guy but man I really want to play lol. If anyone can throw a key my way then that would be great! Been signed up forever but still nothing :'[

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeupfriend View Post
    Ugh, I hate being this guy but man I really want to play lol. If anyone can throw a key my way then that would be great! Been signed up forever but still nothing :'[
    Have you tried any of the give a ways in the off topic section of the official forums, that's how I got mine.

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Uh oh Titan. Watch out...
    Glad I'm not the only one who picked up on this reference.
    That and the titan being a code name for a larger mmo.
    Predicted to be a sci fi fps mmo.
    By an unknown company with no funding to make a f2p game.
    Conveniently starting in 2005, when titan was rumoured to be in the works.
    With a very blizzardesque artwork style and logo.

    HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CONSPIRACY!

  7. #287
    Hey guys, if any one has a beta key it'd be awesome if you could send it my way. The game looks unique and very enticing. It has dynamic questing which is in guild wars. Yet guild wars 2 makes you pay to experience the beta weekends. Firefall would be a great way to experience dynamic questing and this MMO FPS in general. Very excited to say the least. PM me and i'll send you my email

  8. #288
    Stood in the Fire Kesolovac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    383
    Got invited, played a bit of it...damn finals keeping me from immersing more.Game has potential, thought is still way to rough around edges and needs quite a bit of polishing.
    Mindless...

  9. #289
    The game is cute, I understand why it's f2p but it looks fun for being it.
    To people in beta, does the game seem far from being released?
    Anyone got info how micro transactions will work? I just facepalm over p2win and payorgrind.

    How does pvp work really? Is it just queue and get into a group and can you level up just through pvp?

  10. #290
    Pandaren Monk Deleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the dark. Watching. Waiting
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    To people in beta, does the game seem far from being released?
    It is very clean for a beta. If I'm not wrong they are going to ease into live. Instead of cutting beta at some point and then release couple of weeks later, they will invite more people as we proceed and at some point they just call it a released game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Anyone got info how micro transactions will work? I just facepalm over p2win and payorgrind.
    They have said it will only be exotic and fun stuff that you can buy. No pay2win is what they are advertising.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How does pvp work really? Is it just queue and get into a group and can you level up just through pvp?
    Yup there are stations around cities that you go to and queue for PvP. I don't know if you can level through PvP only or how leveling is going to work at release for that matter. But I have to say I like the PvP much more than other FPS games I've played. Being able to change your role at any time is quite interesting.
    Last edited by Deleo; 2012-05-31 at 07:53 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

  11. #291
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    It is very clean for a beta. If I'm not wrong they are going to ease into live. Instead of cutting beta at some point and then release couple of weeks later, they will invite more people as we proceed and at some point they just call it a released game.
    So are they planning to never wipe characters?

    Just gave it a look and it seems pretty sweet so signed up to their site.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleo View Post
    Yup there are stations around cities that you go to and queue for PvP. I don't know if you can level through PvP only or how leveling is going to work at release for that matter. But I have to say I like the PvP much more than other FPS games I've played. Being able to change your role at any time is quite interesting.
    Right now you can level up through PvP, it gives 3k to like 1.5k depending on how you perform, but when your talking about 15-70exp per kill in the open it's viable. They also give raw materials and since you can craft almost all your gear while you level then gearing is not a problem either. Once the new no level leveling system goes into place you will be able to buy what Nano prints you want with exp so I would imagine leveling through PvP will be just as viable as it is now. We will find out for sure soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    So are they planning to never wipe characters?

    Just gave it a look and it seems pretty sweet so signed up to their site.
    Yes they said they will have a full wipe before launch

  13. #293
    Ne one know when there may be more beta invite for firefall?

  14. #294
    Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    Yes they said they will have a full wipe before launch
    Next milestone they plan on wiping is the last I've heard.

    ---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 01:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mortallus View Post
    Ne one know when there may be more beta invite for firefall?
    Next milestone supposedly which is 3ish weeks away.
    Last edited by Hedleyazg; 2012-06-04 at 03:20 AM. Reason: number of weeks updated.

  15. #295
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    after signing up i read the more active you are on the forum the mroe chance of getting an invite -.- basically i wont be getting one as i have no interest in using their forum

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    after signing up i read the more active you are on the forum the mroe chance of getting an invite -.- basically i wont be getting one as i have no interest in using their forum
    I posted once and got an invite.

  17. #297
    I've played the beta, it's quite the boring FPS MMO. It's not much fun in any respect, the UI isn't very user friendly (You have to squint a lot of the times, obscure information, etc), the game play is very dull, no matter which was you look at it. But I do enjoy the fact they support Third-Person mode, and how good the game looks. Just not very addicting. If I get a key I'll probably give it away though.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  18. #298
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,272
    /cast revive

    Apparently they've released a new patch, with the following changes:

    "based on your feedback, we've made extensive changes to Firefall."

    -No more progress wipes! Your time spent will always be worth something. We're now saving all XP earned.
    -All new progression! Play through increasingly rewarding technology trees. Pick a path and become the Battleframe pilot you want to be.
    -New abilities! Every Battleframe has been updated with new abilities and new stats.
    -Combat Improvements! Core combat has undergone many tweaks and improvements. Skill now has a much larger role in your performance.
    -Better crafting! All resources have variable quality levels, which affect the quality of the gear you craft. Find the best material to make the best stuff!
    -Bigger world! We've opened up some previously closed areas of New Eden. We've also added some new missions and POIs.
    ...And much, much more!

    Sound interesting, I haven't been able to download / test it yet but it seems they've changed a lot.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    /cast revive

    Apparently they've released a new patch, with the following changes:

    "based on your feedback, we've made extensive changes to Firefall."

    -No more progress wipes! Your time spent will always be worth something. We're now saving all XP earned.
    -All new progression! Play through increasingly rewarding technology trees. Pick a path and become the Battleframe pilot you want to be.
    -New abilities! Every Battleframe has been updated with new abilities and new stats.
    -Combat Improvements! Core combat has undergone many tweaks and improvements. Skill now has a much larger role in your performance.
    -Better crafting! All resources have variable quality levels, which affect the quality of the gear you craft. Find the best material to make the best stuff!
    -Bigger world! We've opened up some previously closed areas of New Eden. We've also added some new missions and POIs.
    ...And much, much more!

    Sound interesting, I haven't been able to download / test it yet but it seems they've changed a lot.
    I'll patch my client and tell you how it goes! If the game play really was changed, than I'll probably let you know it's super duper fun or just really bland like it was before. *Patching*

    EDIT: 4.5 GB of content needs to be patched, I'll get to it as soon as possible. Holy carp, that's a lot of splash.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  20. #300
    Any mention on a sales model for this game? Also if anyone has a spare beta key id love one

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •