Page 19 of 89 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
69
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Is anyone else experience obscene lag most of the time they play? I'm getting like .5-1s delays on stuff (especially noticeable in PvP) constantly : /

  2. #362
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,946
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Is anyone else experience obscene lag most of the time they play? I'm getting like .5-1s delays on stuff (especially noticeable in PvP) constantly : /
    After reading the last few pages, I remember someone making note of the delay and server lag. They probably gotta do some hardware upgrades.

  3. #363
    Bloodsail Admiral Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Check out the developers on the forums, and look at their post histories. It's one of the best ways to really get a feel for what the future of the game could be like. Trust me when I say that there is no indication that they're in any way considering dropping the PvE aspect of the game... heck, they just introduced Chosen invasions of towns, as well as the random Melding tornadoes out in the world, not to mention a beta version of vehicles present in one of the missions.

    Then there's also reworked glider mechanics, the talk from devs about larger thumpers (including actually crafting customized thumpers with special properties and extra abilities), as well as more events out in the world.

    It's pretty clear that PvE only -feels- scant right now because of how few missions are in the game, but I think that's because they're worrying about making sure the gameplay aspects are all properly hammered out before spiraling out into a wide world of missions.
    My point wasn't about the lack of current content, because I understand that they are trying to get the core of the game down first before they lay the coating. My comment was regarding them balancing the entire game around PvP which essentially cripples PvE potential growth by creating ridiculously pointless (other than PvP balance) limitations on the PvE players. I would love to see the game successful, but you need to focus on your bread and butter demographic which I hate to break it to them ISN'T hardcore PvPers.
    I just think that they should either scrap the competitive PvP aspect of the game, or scrap the PvE aspect of the game. Those 2 things work even worse together in Firefall than they do in most MMOs, which is saying something.

  4. #364
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    For the record, according to Red5, there will be NO more character wipes anymore. So any XP and resources you earn at this point you earn for keeps, bearing only in mind that there's always the possibility of having an ability removed, changed, or something else added.

    At most, if they have to redo the tech trees, they said that they will simply refund all of the XP spent so far to the players so they can re-purchase things with said XP.

    Quote, "One day, the beta tag will just fall off and the game will be released."

    I've got two invites, by the way, would be happy to trade them.
    Characters can still be wiped, but XP on each frame will not be.
    So our progression will remain intact at least.

    With the current state of the game due to the servers being hammered I can't honestly say you are missing out on much.
    The crafting, pvp queueing, battleframe garage are all being very unresponsive.
    Sure when they sort out those issues it will be pretty good, but at present doing much outside of grinding is a chore.

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    My point wasn't about the lack of current content, because I understand that they are trying to get the core of the game down first before they lay the coating. My comment was regarding them balancing the entire game around PvP which essentially cripples PvE potential growth by creating ridiculously pointless (other than PvP balance) limitations on the PvE players. I would love to see the game successful, but you need to focus on your bread and butter demographic which I hate to break it to them ISN'T hardcore PvPers.
    I just think that they should either scrap the competitive PvP aspect of the game, or scrap the PvE aspect of the game. Those 2 things work even worse together in Firefall than they do in most MMOs, which is saying something.
    You do realize they can tune PvE 1000x easier around the PvP balance than the other way around, right?

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-13 at 06:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Characters can still be wiped, but XP on each frame will not be.
    So our progression will remain intact at least.

    With the current state of the game due to the servers being hammered I can't honestly say you are missing out on much.
    The crafting, pvp queueing, battleframe garage are all being very unresponsive.
    Sure when they sort out those issues it will be pretty good, but at present doing much outside of grinding is a chore.
    Their tech guys are hard at work trying to fix the lag issues everyone is experiencing.

  6. #366
    Field Marshal Couron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wyndia
    Posts
    86
    If you are looking for a beta key:

    Join the Fire fall Forums, Be active, be friendly, be involved.

  7. #367
    I know it was a while since people were doing this keychain, but is it still going? i only found out about this game today, but i am really interested.

    Firefall forum name is Voxquantum

  8. #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Couron View Post
    If you are looking for a beta key:

    Join the Fire fall Forums, Be active, be friendly, be involved.
    nice joke man, it wont work like that

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake1596 View Post
    nice joke man, it wont work like that
    No, it does. You don't ever have a guaranteed chance of a key, but a better one if your more active and friendly with the community. It's true you don't need to post much, just visit the site; but they manually give out keys to contributors.
    Hearts are man kinds lock. If only everyone's emotions were a skeleton key, this world would be a happier place.

  10. #370
    Stood in the Fire Tuqui-tuqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    481
    -Gone!-

    EDIT: 9000 beta keys being given away. Come get them! http://alienwarearena.com/giveaway/f...-key-giveaway/
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2012-08-17 at 06:42 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...


  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post

    EDIT: 9000 beta keys being given away. Come get them! http://alienwarearena.com/giveaway/f...-key-giveaway/
    They still exist, to whoever wants one, only about 400 or so left when i just got mine, im downloading it later!

  12. #372

  13. #373
    Stood in the Fire Tuqui-tuqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    481
    - and it is gone! -
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2012-08-17 at 06:43 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...


  14. #374
    How long you think it's left until release? Might we see it this year since they start invite so many people to beta now?
    Your lord is under attack! Your lord is under attack!

  15. #375
    Bloodsail Admiral Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    How long you think it's left until release? Might we see it this year since they start invite so many people to beta now?
    Not if they are taking the time to address the concerns of the current beta testers rather than rushing out an unfinished product. Currently there are 2 chain quests that each have about 5 parts in the chain, that is the extent of the current quest content. Everything else is grinding PvP or grinding Thumpers. The next milestone patch from what everyone is saying is going to be adding almost all the PvE content to the game, but unless they are going to completely overhaul the classes AGAIN then I personally would rather just not play it at all.

    Tl;dr - Probably won't come out this year. Would guess Q1 2013, Q2 if they take the time to make all the battleframes fun in PvP and PvE.

  16. #376
    They just brought on a bunch of ex BioWare Austin and 38 Studios staff >.>

    http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/08/17/fi...os-devs-hired/

    Always a good sign : )

  17. #377
    High Overlord nafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    118
    Roughly how long has it been between sending out beta invites? Can't wait to try this out!
    Last edited by nafz; 2012-08-17 at 10:41 PM.

  18. #378
    Bloodsail Admiral Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Between my chair and keyboard
    Posts
    1,079
    I have 2 beta keys to give out, only giving them to people that have posted in this thread prior to this post going up. If you are one of the people that have posted here and are interested in a key I will give them to the first 2.

    Again, I am giving away 2 keys ONLY to people that have posted in this thread already. If you haven't posted here about Firefall prior to reading this then you are not eligible.

  19. #379
    The Lightbringer Suprm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Under your desk
    Posts
    3,662
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnt View Post
    I have 2 beta keys to give out, only giving them to people that have posted in this thread prior to this post going up. If you are one of the people that have posted here and are interested in a key I will give them to the first 2.

    Again, I am giving away 2 keys ONLY to people that have posted in this thread already. If you haven't posted here about Firefall prior to reading this then you are not eligible.
    Id like to try the game out, I believe I posted here once of twice or maybe not. Could always share the account unless there are some sort of Hardware/IP restrictions (only 1 key/game client per Machine).

    The game looks good, but in this day an age I am no longer shelling out money unless of course its a F2P game. So many disappointments which costed money :3 But I guess that is totally my fault for either not being patient enough for demos/trials or simply not reading enough into those games.
    Last edited by Suprm; 2012-08-20 at 07:49 PM.
    CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos 2 / MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VI / CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz 1.184v (delidded) / GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 3GB 1173MHz, 6589MHz, 1.2v / RAM: G.Skill Trident-X 16GB 2400Mhz / PSU: Corsair AX860 Platinum / BOOT: Samsung 840 256GB x2 Raid 0 /

  20. #380
    So far I'm enjoying the BETA, but it doesn't have enough body to be able to keep playing and playing for ages. You might drain yourself a week or two, but if we're talking about D3 not having enough endgame, this doesn't even have enough midgame, hell, it scratches the surface of having an actual tutorial and that's it. After that it's just about the thumping game. Thump, thump, thump.

    In terms of storyline and questline, in a sense, this game might be worthy of the title ALPHA, but it's definitely not BETA stage.

    Other than that, there's also the peculiar case of gear progression. In FireFall, Gear is the goal of the game. Or Tiers, if you will. That means, as long as there is no "end-game" there will also never been any target besides higher tiers. In other words, gear is no longer a means to get to a target, but the target itself. Something I can't believe to be a lasting appeal in any game.

    Graphically it's not outstanding, but has a certain appeal. I'm running everything max @ 60fps and the first time I logged in, I thought I was running at medium. The guns respond reasonably quickly (as far as there's no lag). Classes are diverse enough to potentially add more life to the game. The lag, a total killer. It's been lagging non-stop and since it's not getting fixed, yet, I guess we're looking at some major hardware improvements to be made.

    All in all, If this is BETA, it's BETA with the bitter taste of ALPHA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •