Page 22 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Too bad it is F2P.
    Care to elaborate or are you just going to spit out random garbage without giving a reason behind it?

As long as they don't sell power for money they shouldn't have too much problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    I happen to have some beta keys if anyone wants.

Edit: turns out the way keys are handled/sent are through emails. I cant send PMs, so if anyone wants a key, send me your email via pm an i'll send you a key. I got one last key to send.
    Last edited by Alvarado; 2012-11-05 at 01:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Care to elaborate or are you just going to spit out random garbage without giving a reason behind it?

As long as they don't sell power for money they shouldn't have too much problems.
    Its kinda self explanatory really - knock knock -

Quote Originally Posted by MossEs View Post
    Its kinda self explanatory really - knock knock -
    No, do tell. People write off great games simply because they're free to play all the time, and it's beyond foolish.

Deleted
    I don't really think this game will have such a big success, especially because it is a first person shooter, and people usually get bored quickly of these games, no matter who made them. I think I'll give it a shot, though. I'll probably find it interesting.

I plan to check it out it looks kinda interesting.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2012-11-04 at 10:14 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Funny cause League of Legends is F2P and its the biggest game in the world

even in Competetive Esports its the biggest

Because I'm lazy and cba to read the statements I agree to I want to ask you are the beta testers under NDA or is the beta free to discuss here?
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

No NDA, discuss away.

I don't know if i can ask that BUT i would love a beta for that game, im really surprised i've never heard about it before oO.

All in all seems like a really fun game.

Decent game. Good, fast gameplay, pretty graphics, nice theme. Haven't played much yet but it doesn't seem there is much more to do other than killing the same aliens over and over on the same map and instanced PvP.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    No, do tell. People write off great games simply because they're free to play all the time, and it's beyond foolish.
    OK, its seems like a cool game, it looks fun and well made - But history has shown games with cash shop or any type of market just never fall right- I like the sub feature of MMO's where everyone pays the same every month, this keeps it fair and everyone on the same playing field.

I know you know- deep down, when a market is added and its the whole revenue stream for the devs, it never bodes well - These guys are not angels and like money like the rest of us.

And why do MMO's need to be always around the $15 a month mark, couldn't they just charge a few dollars a month and still make profile which then gives us an uncomplicated game.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Because F2P = Pay to Win. It's that simple. With a subscription model everyone is on an equal playing field. With F2P / P2W everyone is on a different field of play, there is no level, so the game has to cater to those who pay the most, therefore it is pay to win. If there is no incentive to pay more, you are equal or lesser. Therefore you must cater to those who pay more. Therefore, not worth paying for.

Too bad for them. Looks like a fun game.

Because F2P = Pay to Win. It's that simple. With a subscription model everyone is on an equal playing field. With F2P / P2W everyone is on a different field of play, there is no level, so the game has to cater to those who pay the most, therefore it is pay to win. If there is no incentive to pay more, you are equal or lesser. Therefore you must cater to those who pay more. Therefore, not worth paying for.

Too bad for them. Looks like a fun game.
    I don't think you're informed enough to talk about F2P. There's quite a few F2P games out there that are not pay2win.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    I don't think you're informed enough to talk about F2P. There's quite a few F2P games out there that are not pay2win.
    Well the subscription model is unbalanced. You have to pay a lot more to be equivalent to the higher tiers than you would if everyone was equivalent on a subscription tier. Therefore it is pay to win. The more you pay, the more you win. The company will encourage that, and that is that. You will end up paying more than a subscription tier to compete with the best of the players, therefore it is pay to win.

Well the subscription model is unbalanced. You have to pay a lot more to be equivalent to the higher tiers than you would if everyone was equivalent on a subscription tier. Therefore it is pay to win. The more you pay, the more you win. The company will encourage that, and that is that. You will end up paying more than a subscription tier to compete with the best of the players, therefore it is pay to win.
    ... what? If the F2P cash shop offers cosmetic stuff, pets or even xp boosters, how is that pay2win?
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

... what? If the F2P cash shop offers cosmetic stuff, pets or even xp boosters, how is that pay2win?
    If if if.. What does it offer? I am pretty certain it will reflect other F2P mmos and offer the same kind of incentives that make players leave. Name one F2P game that has succeeded beyond it's original subscription status.

If if if.. What does it offer? I am pretty certain it will reflect other F2P mmos and offer the same kind of incentives that make players leave. Name one F2P game that has succeeded beyond it's original subscription status.
    League of Legends. There ya go now you can take your ill informed mind and go learn that F2P =/= P2W.

We're not discussing P2P games gone F2P, we're discussing games that start off as F2P. That being said, LOTRO succeeded beyond it's sub status.
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Quote Originally Posted by Oogly View Post
    League of Legends. There ya go now you can take your ill informed mind and go learn that F2P =/= P2W.
    Yeah because the newest champions are never overpowered and never nerfed after people buy them. Good example.

---------- Post added 2012-11-05 at 06:11 AM ----------

We're not discussing P2P games gone F2P, we're discussing games that start off as F2P. That being said, LOTRO succeeded beyond it's sub status.
    I just don't think the MMO dynamic can handle a F2P game at all. It will always give away something that requires other players to pay up for. For LOTRO it has succeeded but it's never a game that is taken seriously, no real PVP, PVE is kind of meh.