Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ...
29
37
38
39
40
41
49
... LastLast
  1. #761
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think it's the only solution because they are making unique suits.
    You are going to have people who are like "I really want to play this style. Why should I grind through 4 suits I don't like to play that one style?"
    I mean, we are going to have to wait and see HOW unique they make each suit.
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.

    I like the concept or at least the illusion of progression. Once i get to Tier 5 (lets just pretend its the max for the sake of the argument) i can safely forget the other frames before it and focus on that one. Ideally i think it should be like it was Base Recon --> 2 choices of style for Tier 2 --> 2 choices of style for Tier 3 --> 3 choices of style for tier 4 and so forth , eventually reaching max Tier and having 4 or 5 sub types of Rogue within the Recon (a Powerful Sniper, a Saboteur, a melee ninja, a sneaky sneaky guy with decoys, smoke bombs and stuffs etc). That was my vision of the system at least.

  2. #762
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,772
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I think it's the only solution because they are making unique suits.
    You are going to have people who are like "I really want to play this style. Why should I grind through 4 suits I don't like to play that one style?"
    I mean, we are going to have to wait and see HOW unique they make each suit.
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.

    It's like they removed a level less leveling system, which I loved. I guess I'll wait to see more.
    BAD WOLF

  3. #763
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.

    It's like they removed a level less leveling system, which I loved. I guess I'll wait to see more.
    ^ This . /10char
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-15 at 06:05 PM.

  4. #764
    some people might like tier one better than tier 5.. why should they have to be an end tier battleframe to feel useful. It seems that theyre trying to make all battleframes viable at "end game" which is cool.. id much rather have 5 choices than 3. Balance should be easier now that PVP will have its own default weapons and gear so they can "try" to make each battleframe unique (at least i hope they do).
    Dictated but not read.

  5. #765
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.
    I suspect that the new progression trees (which will still be in the game) will be larger for the low tiers, as there will no longer be tiers. For one thing, they will have to be.
    Too many secondary weapons are not available to the lower tiers (burst rifle) so in the revamp, I would not be surprised if our current t1 trees become three times as long as they currently are.

    ---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 09:02 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.
    I suspect the game will become like league now in terms of suits = champions.
    The thing is, they can thrust "balance" partly onto the player. Some suits will be good for world pvp. Some suits will be good for capture the point. Some suits will be good for capture the flag. Some suits will be good at death match. Some suits will be good at convoy. Some suits will be good at arena. Some suit will be good a 50v50 matches. Knowing what suits are good at what will become part of being "skilled" at the game or map or suit.
    By not forcing us to do 1 type of pvp for the best gear, players will minmax for each map.
    League creates its own balance problems not by having 100+ champions but by having a limited number of maps. When they added dominion, many champions that were 'meh' at 5v5, the main form of league, shined and shined hard. If league had gone on to make 4 or 5 different maps with different objectives, different champions would have excelled at them.
    You can only balance diversity of classes with diversity of game play.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-15 at 09:02 PM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  6. #766
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If league had gone on to make 4 or 5 different maps with different objectives, different champions would have excelled at them.
    You can only balance diversity of classes with diversity of game play.
    You make a good point.

  7. #767
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Tír na nÓg
    Posts
    12,772
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...ession-system/

    A little more in depth explanation. It's not like it sounds confusing, but it still doesn't sound very interesting to me. I need to see it in action I guess.
    BAD WOLF

  8. #768
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...ession-system/

    A little more in depth explanation. It's not like it sounds confusing, but it still doesn't sound very interesting to me. I need to see it in action I guess.
    I read that and none of my doubts have been explained. Guess i have to wait for the patch to see for myself.

  9. #769
    Have a few spare 24/7 beta keys left. PM me and I'll give you one. (I wouldn't mind something in return, but it's not necessary). First come, first serve.

  10. #770
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.

    I like the concept or at least the illusion of progression. Once i get to Tier 5 (lets just pretend its the max for the sake of the argument) i can safely forget the other frames before it and focus on that one. Ideally i think it should be like it was Base Recon --> 2 choices of style for Tier 2 --> 2 choices of style for Tier 3 --> 3 choices of style for tier 4 and so forth , eventually reaching max Tier and having 4 or 5 sub types of Rogue within the Recon (a Powerful Sniper, a Saboteur, a melee ninja, a sneaky sneaky guy with decoys, smoke bombs and stuffs etc). That was my vision of the system at least.
    LoL has over 100 champions actually

  11. #771
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    LoL has over 100 champions actually
    Not really sure how many it has but i don't play it anymore. Was just a random number i was almost positive on but too lazy to check.

  12. #772
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Wonder if theres any content coming with the next patch aswell, seriously hope its not only the Battleframe and Crafting changes.

  13. #773
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Wonder if theres any content coming with the next patch aswell, seriously hope its not only the Battleframe and Crafting changes.
    I think they've flat out said they are adding a ton of pve

    *like 2 weeks ago podcast thingy
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-20 at 12:56 AM.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  14. #774
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Didn't catch time to hear it im afraid.

  15. #775
    I still don't get why they make a level less game when they add a vertical progression regardless. It's the same with TSW taking out the levels but keeping upgraded gear and skills for higher "renamed leveling system here" makes no freaken difference if the game has traditional levels or not.

    If there is a vertical progression system that isn't traditional levels removing traditional levels doesn't change a damn thing besides sugar coating your game.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-03-20 at 01:44 AM.

  16. #776
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still don't get why they make a level less game when they add a vertical progression regardless. It's the same with TSW taking out the levels but keeping upgraded gear and skills for higher "renamed leveling system here" makes no freaken difference if the game has traditional levels or not.

    If there is a vertical progression system that isn't traditional levels removing traditional levels doesn't change a damn thing besides sugar coating your game.
    In 3 days there isn't going to be vertical progression.

    (the tier system is going away)
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  17. #777
    Warchief Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,084
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    In 3 days there isn't going to be vertical progression.

    (the tier system is going away)
    I really hope they stick to that. Would especially be awesome if there was no gear treadmill.

  18. #778
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    In 3 days there isn't going to be vertical progression.

    (the tier system is going away)
    thank

    god

    I hated TSW for sugar coating: "yea we have no levels! except gear is exactly the same and restricts you to where you can play and weapons still need to be leveled up with a differn't kind of level!"

    dah fu?

  19. #779
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I really hope they stick to that. Would especially be awesome if there was no gear treadmill.
    Interesting bit on that...

    Crafting is going to be super serious part of this game.

    Your gear is going to break.
    You are going to have to make more.
    Crafting is going to take forever to level. (The dev team even suggests we specialize in one type of crafting and trade with other characters who specialize in other crafting to get gear)

    So... There will be a gear treadmill... Just one we have never been on before.
    And one that I have been asking for for a long time.
    I hate when you level crafting, make the best pieces that profession makes, start raiding, and never touch it again
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Volt - Grakata - Lex Prime - Dragon Nikana -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  20. #780
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Interesting bit on that...

    Crafting is going to be super serious part of this game.

    Your gear is going to break.
    You are going to have to make more.
    Crafting is going to take forever to level. (The dev team even suggests we specialize in one type of crafting and trade with other characters who specialize in other crafting to get gear)

    So... There will be a gear treadmill... Just one we have never been on before.
    And one that I have been asking for for a long time.
    I hate when you level crafting, make the best pieces that profession makes, start raiding, and never touch it again
    I like that "gear treadmill" because it's not a power curve, more of a time sink.

    Personally I think blizzards big PvP update is going to be pvp stat normalization like recent games are doing...

    i see it now...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •