Page 40 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Exp still exists for PVE, same with the tech tree. It allows you to tweak shit a little bit.
    A "little bit" doesn't cut it.

If it's a zone defining power curve it makes a level less game redundant. If zone 1 is the zone you appear in at the start of the game and you can't go to zone 5 because you have to gain exp to "tweak" your stats then it's no different then in WoW where you are in a level 1 zone but you can't play the level 30 zone because you don't have the level 30 stats or gear and once you are powerful enough for zone 5 zone 1 becomes stupid easy. Same with getting to level 30 then going back to that level 1 zone.

It's sugar coating bull shit.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

If it's a zone defining power curve it makes a level less game redundant. If zone 1 is the zone you appear in at the start of the game and you can't go to zone 5 because you have to gain exp to "tweak" your stats then it's no different then in WoW where you are in a level 1 zone but you can't play the level 30 zone because you don't have the level 30 stats or gear.

I am under the impression its things like
    Astrek MSG
    +rate of fire
    -accuracy
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Its just for some reason i always associate them with Chores. Nowadays MMO's are leaning towards a more convinient Quality of Life Crafting, less types of mats, faster to hit the next milestone . But for example , now in WoW 1-60 you level so fast, that i couldn't keep professions at the same level. I literally had to put a halt to my leveling experience just to pick the damn Silver ore. So that i could then mine the nodes on my next destination. I hate that. Its not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I am under the impression its things like
    Astrek MSG
    +rate of fire
    -accuracy
    If you start off with all the points you can acquire then great! If you don't my point still stands.

10+ Year Old Account

If it's a zone defining power curve it makes a level less game redundant. If zone 1 is the zone you appear in at the start of the game and you can't go to zone 5 because you have to gain exp to "tweak" your stats then it's no different then in WoW where you are in a level 1 zone but you can't play the level 30 zone because you don't have the level 30 stats or gear and once you are powerful enough for zone 5 zone 1 becomes stupid easy. Same with getting to level 30 then going back to that level 1 zone.

Kinda agree here, TSW doesn't have levels but you can't go to the next areas anyway because weapons and gear has levels 1 through 10. So its leveling, just that the number doesnt appear on the character portrait.

I can see what you mean. I think in PVE, there will still be barriers that are pushed by having better gear. That said, I haven't encountered anything that I couldn't overcome with a t1 suit in stock gear. Maybe that will change but I am not sure.

For pvp however, I think that the complete normalization is great.

For pvp however, I think that the complete normalization is great.
    Great! Half the game isn't coated in double explosive frosting, so excited.

I can see what you mean. I think in PVE, there will still be barriers that are pushed by having better gear. That said, I haven't encountered anything that I couldn't overcome with a t1 suit in stock gear. Maybe that will change but I am not sure.
    Isn't there almost no PvE content atm? But seriously the sugar coating is why I stopped playing TSW and I can see firefall ending the same.

Isn't there almost no PvE content atm?
    2 raid bosses
    drop ships
    warbringers
    lgv defend point
    shipment defend point
    capture tower
    defend tower
    Sinprint hunting
    1-2 man thumping
    4+ man thumping
    Melding storms
    Thumper repair
    Bounty hunting mission
    LGV racing mission
    Relay mission
    Scouting mission
    Several personal story quest lines (up to mount quest)
    Pushing back melding

And apparently we are getting a ton more in 3 days.

2 raid bosses
    drop ships and warbringers
    lgv defend point
    shipment defend point
    capture tower
    defend tower
    Sinprint hunting
    1-2 man thumping
    4+ man thumping
    Melding storms
    Thumper repair
    Bounty hunting mission
    LGV racing mission
    Relay mission
    Scouting mission
    Several personal story quest lines (up to mount quest)
    Pushing back melding

And apparently we are getting a ton more in 3 days.
    Long list but from the sounds of the forums it doesn't seem to last, but yea me saying atm was they haven't released everything for pve so we can't judge stat progression yet.

But if it's earn exp to get more points for more stats then we already know what's going to happen.

Long list but from the sounds of the forums it doesn't seem to last, but yea me saying atm was they haven't released everything for pve so we can't judge stat progression yet.

But if it's earn exp to get more points for more stats then we already know what's going to happen.
    I am not sold that the exp is going to be for "more stats".
    The new stat system is a trade off system.
    You want more health? You move slower and jump lower and cost more jet fuel to move
    You want more powerful abilities? You have less cpu (and thus you have to have weaken you other abilities or remove some)
    You want faster rate of fire? You have less power (so you have to swap other stats on the guns out like accuracy)
    ect ect ect.

Also, I have found that a lot of people don't know where the other quests are X(
    They are in the south east / west and north west mainly.

edited because I got power / cpu mixed up
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-20 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, most of that list are events, and events spawn randomly and you have no control over them. It gives you that feel of something you can't do when you want it. Like GW2 events. Sure there might be a metric ton of Events. But when i juggle in between Hearts (sugar coated quests) will they all pop up for me to do? Nah. Disclaimer : I do think Events have a place in the next MMOs to come, they provide some content on zones you would otherwise never set foot in again because you did everything there.

I need a real Story to play in. A variety of missions to do. I need to push back the fucking blue wall, its pissing me off. Events are just that. Events, and if they are on the way to the goal, cool if not, whatever.
    I do realise this is beta , but still. Me wanna test stuffz, not thumper farming.

I won't be able to play on the 22nd , on account of work, then headin straight for girlfriends house, so i won't be able to play until the 24th on Sunday.
    Break the news here on the patch day please hk-51 =p wanna know if its worth the excitement and hype im building up, or if im hoping for something that isnt there on the 24th .
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-03-20 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I won't be able to play on the 22nd , on account of work, then headin straight for girlfriends house, so i won't be able to play until the 24th on Sunday.
    Break the news here on the patch day please hk-51 =p wanna know if its worth the excitement and hype im building up, or if im hoping for something that isnt there on the 24th .
    I will do my best to post the patch notes but I might be on the road for a while on friday. Hopefully I can get the notes up before then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will do my best to post the patch notes but I might be on the road for a while on friday. Hopefully I can get the notes up before then.
    Does need to be the whooole thing, i can read the patch notes on the official website. Your personal experience, if theres indeed more PVE, how the frames turned out etc, something short , if you can. Thanks in advance =p

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Does need to be the whooole thing, i can read the patch notes on the official website. Your personal experience, if theres indeed more PVE, how the frames turned out etc, something short , if you can. Thanks in advance =p
    :P That might have to wait till sunday night. I am going to be out of town from friday night till sunday morning.

edit: btw, got my assault t2 frames (now up to 6 t2 frames!) so I am going to have 11 frames to run around in

10+ Year Old Account
    :P That might have to wait till sunday night. I am going to be out of town from friday night till sunday morning.

edit: btw, got my assault t2 frames (now up to 6 t2 frames!) so I am going to have 11 frames to run around in
    Ah i see , official forums will have to do then. I envy your patience. I got only the two tier 2 recon frames, carebear for other frames xD

I just realized they are launching 15 new frames and revamping 10 old frames so we are going to have 25 new frames to mess around with...

It's going to be interesting to see how unique they can make each suit.

I've got both T2 for biotech and assault. I'm working on the second T2 for engineer and will probably only get one T2 for dread before the patch. Leaving recon untouched to try the new stuff out on.

I am hoping that stock gear for PvP works to draw in more casual PvPers, because one of the biggest problems in beta right now is just the lack of people in matches. It's pretty common to have only TD launch - and often with the same 6ish people from match to match. Having people know that they can just jump into a game and not be immediately disadvantaged because they haven't spent a ton of time getting gear beforehand is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Viantha View Post
    I am hoping that stock gear for PvP works to draw in more casual PvPers, because one of the biggest problems in beta right now is just the lack of people in matches. It's pretty common to have only TD launch - and often with the same 6ish people from match to match. Having people know that they can just jump into a game and not be immediately disadvantaged because they haven't spent a ton of time getting gear beforehand is a good thing.
    Yeah. Fighting printed gear without printed gear is incredibly painful. (esp if the guy was around for an epic shift week... My god. SO OP)
    Also, I think the fact that the game revolves around tigerclaw and recluse frames in pvp is a major turn off for people.
    Hopefully that will be changed with the ability to adjusts frames in pvp only.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-20 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    no levels but you still need a shit load of exp to be useful.. thats totally not leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    no levels but you still need a shit load of exp to be useful.. thats totally not leveling
    Again...

How so?

You have to give up stats in order to gain stats. (at least in 2 days you will)
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-20 at 03:54 PM.