Page 83 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It would be sad if a game like Firefall didn't manage to reach completion, we've had more than enough bullshit cookie cutter MMOs since EQ came out.

Oh well, at least we can put all our hopes in EQ Next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    The entire game was PvP for quite a while and R5 was given vast amounts of player feedback that was completely ignored.
    A lot of that feedback was to turn Firefall into WoW, I'm glad they didn't listen to it.

"Give us raids Red5 so we can fight the same shit every week and pretend it's better content than what we're doing now."

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    A lot of that feedback was to turn Firefall into WoW, I'm glad they didn't listen to it.

"Give us raids Red5 so we can fight the same shit every week and pretend it's better content than what we're doing now."
    What? I am talking about PvP feedback.

I been in the beta for this game for what seems like ages. So long I thought it was released at one point.

The problem with Firefall is while it certainly looks neat- they have never convinced me what the hell the gameplay is meant to serve. It felt like they changed directions and focus like every month.

With such scattered development and the length of time it's taking to get the game off & running, frankly, I just stopped giving a shit about Firefall. Felt like Global Agenda/Tribes/Smite all over again.

Games will forever live and die by gameplay. Firefall never solidified what their gameplay ideals were/are. That's not going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I been in the beta for this game for what seems like ages. So long I thought it was released at one point.

The problem with Firefall is while it certainly looks neat- they have never convinced me what the hell the gameplay is meant to serve. It felt like they changed directions and focus like every month.

With such scattered development and the length of time it's taking to get the game off & running, frankly, I just stopped giving a shit about Firefall. Felt like Global Agenda/Tribes/Smite all over again.

Games will forever live and die by gameplay. Firefall never solidified what their gameplay ideals were/are. That's not going to work.
    Yep, they enjoy changing ideas on stuff and completely removing things and then putting a new one in its place instead of fixing the one that is already implemented. Been a while since I've played due to that.

There's actually a good chance you will see more WoWness bleed into it's gameplay after their discussion of threat and tanking mechanics.

- - - Updated - - -
    Unrelated video. Might dig up the tanking video some other day.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Heh, never knew Grummz was team lead for vanilla WoW

Global Agenda and Tribes were great games. At least Starsiege Tribes was, Ascend makes me want to puke. But back to Global Agenda, it was great, it had intelligent AI like Firefall has, it had amazing raids which felt more challenging than all of WoW's hard modes put together, good story, good PVE, as far as they developed it, PVP was fantastic, until they turned classes into tank/healer/dps and you had people standing still spamming miniguns with pocket healers behind them, and even then it could be pretty great if you had a good team. No, I disagree, Global Agenda should have been the WoW killer, it just didn't have the same Warcraft 1, 2, 3 fan base to support it like WoW originally did, and HiRez are a bunch of bastards to don't support their games if they don't turn into instant golden tickets.

Global Agenda and Tribes were great games. At least Starsiege Tribes was, Ascend makes me want to puke. But back to Global Agenda, it was great, it had intelligent AI like Firefall has, it had amazing raids which felt more challenging than all of WoW's hard modes put together, good story, good PVE, as far as they developed it, PVP was fantastic, until they turned classes into tank/healer/dps and you had people standing still spamming miniguns with pocket healers behind them, and even then it could be pretty great if you had a good team. No, I disagree, Global Agenda should have been the WoW killer, it just didn't have the same Warcraft 1, 2, 3 fan base to support it like WoW originally did, and HiRez are a bunch of bastards to don't support their games if they don't turn into instant golden tickets.
    That's something we can all agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    That's something we can all agree with.
    Something which surprises me, for GA to this day probably has the best animations ever made for an MMO. You could actually fly up to a ledge and your character would automatically grab to the ledge and you could move alongside it before pulling yourself up, to give an example. It also had very good graphics, versatile combat and variable tactics to apply against PVE AI, which actually tried to flank your defenses and choke points.

Same goes for Tribes Ascend, it's the smoothest, best looking Tribes to date. Obviously a lot of work got put into that.

Yet for some reason they abandon their games because they don't turn into their e-sport fantasy cash cow.

It's why I respect Red5, their general message is "we want to build a game with the community while also moving away from traditional MMO generic features", and for better or worse, they keep to that message, even if it drives them into the ground, which I hope it doesn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Ha. Well Firefall has the same cell shaded graphics on your characters, so you kinda have it? I do like how it puts talent tree systems in a shooter game, though it could use more variety. I was really surprised at how good the design of the game was, apart from the overdone and immature attempts at humor and gross behavior. I could have done without that, which is why I never bought the game.

I managed to get a free copy from a friend and both the visuals, sound, and gameplay are worth it. Story and lack of 'morals' are not for me. Call me a prude, but that stuff is just not funny or involving to me. I would have preferred Firefall's story and lore with BL2's gameplay and aesthetic(just world and style, not specifics like suicidal gimp midgets).
    But thats 75% of the fun in playing it =O , its so keewwwll =p

- - - Updated - - -

I can't play Firefall atm, afraid i'll enjoy something so much, and then in the end they either remake it or take it out. I stopped caring too much about Firefall, until i see the game actually being developed and coming together.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of the producers of Firefall said that less than 3% of the players engaged in PVP of any kind. Despite the significant resources the team invested into PVP systems and functions. Like that amazing spectator mode and so forth.
    They kind of left it to rot...that's the only reason it got down to 3%. For the first six months I was in their closed beta the queue was almost always <1 minute.

well if you make crappy pvp and say

yo competetif skill based pvp and take 6 months to nerf a singel gun that can 3 shot poeple over the map... you see what i meen.. :>

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedleyazg View Post
    R5 laid off people this morning.
    Just read about that. Probably where I would have started trimming the fat before touching PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Just read about that. Probably where I would have started trimming the fat before touching PvP.
    They laid off 10% of their staff and although the PR says otherwise it does effect the development of the game:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09...nch-reorganiz/

It is pretty clear the upper management of this game is completely clueless, especially Mark Kern. The game had 7 years of development time and basically has nothing to show for itself. The game has no vision or direction and doesn't even know what it is. The fact that they removed PvP after it being so PvP focused for years is shocking. I would not touch this game with a 10-foot pool. In fact, I would be surprised if it even launches.

I am sorry for everyone that got laid off. Because of upper managements incompetence, you suffer unfortunately.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2013-09-17 at 05:12 AM.

Indeed, the game really is lacking direction.
    Many major plans have simply vanished without trace or been overhauled so many times that they are unrecognisable.
    The so-called horizontal progression being one system, one they made a big fuss about and then blatantly ignored because players wanted to feel OP in the world.
    Player demands took precedence over making a better product, and the game suffered as a result.

Deleted
    I only played this game during a beta event and compared to other games beta events the game really felt like alpha.

The only thing I noticed was game went into open beta but not many people posted in the thread. If something is good people play and talk about it.
    Im amazed that they scrapped pvp, especially since I think they even had an esport tournament in this game? However I understood that it wasnt epicness, because if people spoke about this game it was about it's pve. And I love pvp in mmos... but did I play this game? No, first scared with that buggy experience but also since noone mentioned it's pvp to be anything special I probably didnt feel any reason to try. If it was claimed to be epic... since game is free I would probably have downloaded and tried.

At least they are honest about it, they dont feel pvp-fix is worth it atm... instead of pretending to work on it and fooling patient pvp players. They are open with pve players being more important, and as most f2p-games...it's probably because they are more profitable (as in spending more cash on the game).

Also cutting staff when a game is unfinished, not a good sign.

Did they scrap horizontal leveling? When? I thought that was the big deal with the game. But I got impression there wasn't any world pvp? Then why need to feel OP in world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    I only played this game during a beta event and compared to other games beta events the game really felt like alpha.

The only thing I noticed was game went into open beta but not many people posted in the thread. If something is good people play and talk about it.
    Im amazed that they scrapped pvp, especially since I think they even had an esport tournament in this game? However I understood that it wasnt epicness, because if people spoke about this game it was about it's pve. And I love pvp in mmos... but did I play this game? No, first scared with that buggy experience but also since noone mentioned it's pvp to be anything special I probably didnt feel any reason to try. If it was claimed to be epic... since game is free I would probably have downloaded and tried.

At least they are honest about it, they dont feel pvp-fix is worth it atm... instead of pretending to work on it and fooling patient pvp players. They are open with pve players being more important, and as most f2p-games...it's probably because they are more profitable (as in spending more cash on the game).

Also cutting staff when a game is unfinished, not a good sign.

Did they scrap horizontal leveling? When? I thought that was the big deal with the game. But I got impression there wasn't any world pvp? Then why need to feel OP in world?
    Quite a long time ago. It was a system i actually enjoyed. Now progressing your frames requires so much Crafting , or gathering that you seem to be farming a Diablo style game for mats. The game has no direction.

I've been following it for 2 years almost, and the game has barely anything to show for it, other than constant system updates and changes. Sure the core game has to be worked on, but c'mon now, the game has barely increased in size, it still feels like the same Alpha or Demo , or free trial i played 1,5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Leveling is still horizontal.

South harbor has a open world pvp zone.

People have difficulty with the idea that stock gear is questing gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I've been following it for 2 years almost, and the game has barely anything to show for it, other than constant system updates and changes. Sure the core game has to be worked on, but c'mon now, the game has barely increased in size, it still feels like the same Alpha or Demo , or free trial i played 1,5 years ago.
    That's a bit of a hyperbole.

The map has increased by about 50%, you just can't see it because they built down rather than out. All those underground caves, bunkers, tunnels ect were added when they started doing ARES missions and they've added more every other patch. They increase the size of their world like... every month.

That's not even counting the melding pockets. In the next patch diamondhead is going to get the stage 2 treatment and becomes a large zone with it's own ARES missions and story line. I am not sure if that means the city will be added yet though. If it is, we are basically getting a new copa in diamondhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    They laid off 10% of their staff and although the PR says otherwise it does effect the development of the game:
    Wouldn't be surprised if it was the room full of staff testing pvp constantly.

OH WAIT. NO. IT'S THE YOUTUBE CHANNEL PEOPLE. LOLOLOLOL.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. So... Just so everyone understands... The people who got laid off are THESE PEOPLE

Red 5 Studios confirms that it has released about 10 percent of its staff, the majority from Red 5's video internet entertainment channel, Stage 5 TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    I basically quit the game after both my newly-made friends quit after a week of playing. We met eachother in the closed beta and farmed the beta motorcycle and glider pad, after that both of them quit playing over the course of a week. I only knew the game playing with a group, so after noticing how EXTREMELY bad resource gain was solo, and after trying very hard to find other people to play with with no success due to them all being unsocial assholes I basically quit playing aswell.

There's really not much to do for the lone wolf-style player which is OK if people were somewhat social, but they're not -.-

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Leveling is still horizontal.
    How? The difference between stock and s4 gear is massive.