Page 16 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    /cast revive

Apparently they've released a new patch, with the following changes:

"based on your feedback, we've made extensive changes to Firefall."

-No more progress wipes! Your time spent will always be worth something. We're now saving all XP earned.
    -All new progression! Play through increasingly rewarding technology trees. Pick a path and become the Battleframe pilot you want to be.
    -New abilities! Every Battleframe has been updated with new abilities and new stats.
    -Combat Improvements! Core combat has undergone many tweaks and improvements. Skill now has a much larger role in your performance.
    -Better crafting! All resources have variable quality levels, which affect the quality of the gear you craft. Find the best material to make the best stuff!
    -Bigger world! We've opened up some previously closed areas of New Eden. We've also added some new missions and POIs.
    ...And much, much more!

Sound interesting, I haven't been able to download / test it yet but it seems they've changed a lot.
    The number of changes is immense. It's basically a new game.

For starters, levels are gone. XP is now spent to progress your tech tree in the direction you want it to go, though it's totally possible to get enough xp to completely unlock a tech tree.
    Crafting is VASTLY different than it was as well. New gameplay mechanics, new abilities, Medic is gone and replaced with the Biotech class... it's pretty awesome.

There is also this insane event: the Melding Tornado. It can spawn absolutely anywhere. I've seen it spawn right on top of some poor, hapless thumping group. I've heard of it spawning inside of Copa right outside of the dropship that you start the game from, even... hell of a way to start the game.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Any mention on a sales model for this game? Also if anyone has a spare beta key id love one
    Game is F2P with a cash shop of cosmetic/convenience items only. Mostly cosmetic stuff, from the sound of many of the dev posts on the forums.

Deleted
    Oh wow, I really need to download it asap.
    Does it still make your GPU go wild? I had a gtx 580 and the fans were running at 75% while playing, which didn't really happen in other games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Oh wow, I really need to download it asap.
    Does it still make your GPU go wild? I had a gtx 580 and the fans were running at 75% while playing, which didn't really happen in other games.
    It's still fairly unoptimized compared to a properly finished game, so yeah, it's a bit GPU-intensive right now.

There's also a BIG problem with the AI servers at the moment that's affecting both gameplay and player lag.

Quoting a dev:
    There is a "small" bug that causes the Melding Hissers to reproduce at tribble rates. Eventual there are 10x more NPCs in the world then there ever should be and the Global AI system starts to choke.
    So if you happen to be in an area anywhere near some melding hissers (which can be left over from a warbringer or a tornado), your pc is probably trying to render way, way too many NPCs.

I once shot a group of the things, and my PC basically locked up for 5 straight seconds, and I'm rocking an i5 3570k and a GTX 670. I thought the whole system was going to crash.

...Got me like 3500 xp though in one shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to redownload the game

Deleted
    Now just hand out some moar beta keys so we can try if the changes are good or not :P

Quote Originally Posted by Pandolfo View Post
    Am I the only person who thinks the logo is a total ripoff of SC2?
    That was my first thought when I saw the logo... Like, WTF, SC2 much??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalinah View Post
    That was my first thought when I saw the logo... Like, WTF, SC2 much??
    Eh, not really to be honest.

Deleted
    Its total ripoff^^

Do want invite Can trade dota2

i'd love an invite too and can't trade a thing
    game looks great though

I wouldn't mind a trial myself, I could give up a copy of Torchlight if anybody wants it, if not, eh.

Beta people just got 2 more invites today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ok, I'll take one. Toss me a PM.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

If anyone has a spare key I would love to look into the game, saw it awhile back been waiting since.

For the record, according to Red5, there will be NO more character wipes anymore. So any XP and resources you earn at this point you earn for keeps, bearing only in mind that there's always the possibility of having an ability removed, changed, or something else added.

At most, if they have to redo the tech trees, they said that they will simply refund all of the XP spent so far to the players so they can re-purchase things with said XP.

Quote, "One day, the beta tag will just fall off and the game will be released."

I've got two invites, by the way, would be happy to trade them.

Signed up for beta, trailers look good, time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    For the record, according to Red5, there will be NO more character wipes anymore. So any XP and resources you earn at this point you earn for keeps, bearing only in mind that there's always the possibility of having an ability removed, changed, or something else added.

At most, if they have to redo the tech trees, they said that they will simply refund all of the XP spent so far to the players so they can re-purchase things with said XP.

Quote, "One day, the beta tag will just fall off and the game will be released."

I've got two invites, by the way, would be happy to trade them.
    Unfortunately i just gave away my other PlanetSide 2 Beta key :/.

But for curiosity sake, is this game actually a FPS or is it third person? The videos ive seen seem to be third person.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Unfortunately i just gave away my other PlanetSide 2 Beta key :/.

But for curiosity sake, is this game actually a FPS or is it third person? The videos ive seen seem to be third person.
    Both, you can change between the two with middle mouse click.

By the way, played a littlle bit of the new patch, it doesn't feel too different before the patch for PvE, but there is no longer a medic class... Sort of disappointing, any there is no later game of getting a medic gun either, just terribly boring skill shot heals.

Deleted
    If anyone has a spare beta key lying around they would get my eternal gratitude if they would be willing to send me one.

i don't have a thing to trade for a beta key
    would love one from someone who wants to give away something
    that was given to them though