Page 26 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So there was a fairly large content patch a few days ago and just wanted to give a heads up to any current players or those who will be coming in on the next wave of beta invites (soon). All of the ones I have experienced so far have been a lot of fun. A few on here came directly from beta testers who told Red5 'wouldn't it be cool if....'

Bounty Terminal. Gives you a daily quest that can have you do one of a variety tasks. Every time I've done it so far its had me seek out and destroy one of the more difficult mobs that are found in the world.

Signal Scanning. Haven't experienced this for myself.

Patrol Drone. Haven't experienced this for myself.

Melding Repulsor. This is a pretty crazy game-within-a-game. You can use a stationary repulsor to push back the melding for a short duration of time and gain access to areas for gathering resources that you wouldn't be able to get to normally. So you need to get in, find the resource you want, call down a thumper, defend it, and get back out again before the time runs out on the repulsor and the melding comes crashing back like a tidal wave.

...and this is what happens when the repulsor goes offline (you die unles you get out there quickly):

El Terromoto LGV Races. Gives you a Light Ground Vehicle for a point-to-point beat the clock kind of race.

Holmgang Supplies (Pirates!). Currently bugged and nothing is spawning at the location shown on the map.

(more) Dynamic Missions. The Chosen AI has been stepped up and the metagame has been changed up quite a bit. Chosen will take watchtowers on the map and the surrounding territory which cuts off possible supplies (for crafting) to the players as a territory needs to be player controlled to call down thumpers in an area. If these watchtowers go uncontested they will send out patrols to take over additional watchtowers (and for the players to lose more territory). The watchtowers are basically impossible to retake solo and can be challenging even with a group of four. I've had logged in a couple times now to find the entire map with all but one or two watchtowers taken over. Chosen Hunting Parties are a regular site now and pretty much what I spend most of my time doing when I play the beta...take out patrols, reclaim watchtowers, profit. Chosen are also much harder than before (arrg).

New Crashed Thumper (player suggested event). Spawns at random locations on the world map. Basically you gather pieces from a crashed thumper and bring them back to the main hull of the vessel within the time limit while defending yourself from mobs that spawn after you pick up each piece. I have not been able to do this solo. I have been able to do it with at least one other player tho.

Broken LGV (player suggest event). A Light Ground Vehicle spawns at a random locations on the world map. Players can activate it and then defend it while being repaired. You also get a LGV to ride around for a limited amount of time if you complete the quest (you can only get the LGV from completion once a day).

World Bosses. I've only seen videos with HUGE groups taking down the few that are in the game right now. None of them are close enough to actually see much of the boss (since there are usually 50+ people firing at the thing with lasers and colorful explosions) so I'm not going to post one till I find a better video.

Daily Achievements as well as regular, long term achievements are in the game (but need some tweaks, imho).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Community events have kicked off as well:

Player hosted (structured) LGV races have kicked off as well as player and site hosted PvP tournaments.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-11-22 at 06:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my i want to play this game so bad! looks amazing :C!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Oh my i want to play this game so bad! looks amazing :C!
    Don't worry, I've already got you on my list of people to send beta keys to once I get more. Its a pretty fun sandbox to play in so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Don't worry, I've already got you on my list of people to send beta keys to once I get more. Its a pretty fun sandbox to play in so far.
    Thanks, but first i have to check if my pc will be able to run it without much issues, planetside 2 almost burnt my old rig :C

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Thanks, but first i have to check if my pc will be able to run it without much issues, planetside 2 almost burnt my old rig :C
    This is what Game Debate came up with as their recommended minimums to run the game:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 270
    Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT 1GB or Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR5
    4 GB Ram
    Win Xp 32
    DX 9
    16 GB hard drive space

I have a AMD Phenom II (3.0Ghz, I think) and a 6850 graphics card and 8 GB RAM and it runs at 65fps with drops to 45fps in large groups during battles with the settings on medium-high (view distance is 1500 meters for example).

ive got 3 invites, post on the thread and ill hook ppl up

This game looks promising, judging from the videos I don't think I will be able to live with another disappointment though (i.e. SWTOR), my heart can only endure so much.

Any beta keys would be put to great use

Deleted
    God damnit, I'm registered on their web site since half a year and still I haven't got my invite from them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ashall View Post
    God damnit, I'm registered on their web site since half a year and still I haven't got my invite from them :P
    You aren't alone. It's been so long for me that I went there recently to sign up again since I forgot I already did ages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopdizzle View Post
    ive got 3 invites, post on the thread and ill hook ppl up
    Do want! If you still have of course..

If anyone still has a key, I'd love to try this!

10+ Year Old Account
    id be interested in trying it, been on the apply list for awhile on their site

i submitted quite a few tickets when in the mop beta, ill try and do what i can to help put in stuff for firefall
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Still interested in testing this if anyone still has a key left, could you please send me one?
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    This is what Game Debate came up with as their recommended minimums to run the game:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 270
    Graphics Card: GeForce 9600 GT 1GB or Radeon HD 6570 1GB DDR5
    4 GB Ram
    Win Xp 32
    DX 9
    16 GB hard drive space

I have a AMD Phenom II (3.0Ghz, I think) and a 6850 graphics card and 8 GB RAM and it runs at 65fps with drops to 45fps in large groups during battles with the settings on medium-high (view distance is 1500 meters for example).
    Only have 3gb ram / a Nvidia gtx 220...
    I really REALLY need to upgrade my ram and my VGA. The question is: What do I upgrade first?
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-11-22 at 03:19 PM.

Deleted
    If there's a BETA-key somewhere, I'd be really really interested in gaining one! :>

10+ Year Old Account
    all out of invites now.
    Last edited by sinilaid; 2012-11-22 at 09:16 PM.

Sounds like a lot of people want to get in. Unfortunately I don't have any keys available right now but........

Try this.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Came here and already saw Haros had posted on it, but the next beta weekend event is Nov 30th - Dec 2nd and you can sign up for it here (or Haro's link).

ive been signed up for over a year now for a beta key!!!!! i want to play it sooo bad :[

You can buy the game and get beta invite for as little as $20 from their site. After finding this thread i went and looked it up and i must say it's worth the money.