Page 29 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Seems like a really fun game. I LOVE FPS games like quake & unreal tournament and that combined with MMO might be really cool. Looks nice and fun. Just wish they would release it as I dont wanna try the BETA to "destroy" my experience when it gets released.
    It's not going to be a typical beta to release. Red 5's goal is to build up to a point where they have so many people in beta that they can just drop the beta tag and call it the full game. At which point it will hopefully be bug free and polished. Because of this transition it's hard to "destroy" your release experience, it's more of a head start than a preview.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    So, what class is in demand the most? I'm leaning towards Dreadnaught since it's a more cerebral playstyle from what I've been watching, but it'd probably be silly to invest a lot of effort into a class that's already overpopulated.
    Not really how it works.

I have all the basic classes and a t2 healer on one character.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I was a recon die hard until I dropped my first engi turret.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Not really how it works.

I have all the basic classes and a t2 healer on one character.
    You focus on one class over the others, otherwise you're going to be stuck in tier 1 forever. It's the same thing with tank varieties in World of Tanks.

At any rate, I made a Dreadnaught and it's really fun. PvP almost feels like a waste of time, though... it's impossible to see enough with the camera glued to your character's ass 24/7, the field of view is narrow, and given how glacially slow Dreadnaughts are, it's pretty easy to get needled to death by assault rifles from halfway across the map.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Vajgh-6oigs-af6c6-o2f2f
    ken0h-ovuur-b2wts-jkvxi
    daznl-45hno-8idzr-yttta
    me9z5-jo5eb-bipm5-sbe62
    ckav5-o3xp0-y85zp-rk9ld

You focus on one class over the others, otherwise you're going to be stuck in tier 1 forever. It's the same thing with tank varieties in World of Tanks.

At any rate, I made a Dreadnaught and it's really fun. PvP almost feels like a waste of time, though... it's impossible to see enough with the camera glued to your character's ass 24/7, the field of view is narrow, and given how glacially slow Dreadnaughts are, it's pretty easy to get needled to death by assault rifles from halfway across the map.
    Why not just use the first person view?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Why not just use the first person view?
    What first person view?
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

What first person view?
    Mouse middle click.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, what class is in demand the most? I'm leaning towards Dreadnaught since it's a more cerebral playstyle from what I've been watching, but it'd probably be silly to invest a lot of effort into a class that's already overpopulated.
    None of them are really in demand more than any other. A player being able to utilize a frame's abilities to their potential or as close to it as possible is always going to be welcomed in a group.

Well I have found that good healers in a group saves many respawns

Wow. Assault is crazy strong in pvp.

Just started doing matches and I thought "gee. I must suck as a healer. I keep getting two shot... by the same class... everytime..."
    Switched to assault and suddenly jumped to 1/2 on the scoreboards despite sucking and never playing assault before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Wow. Assault is crazy strong in pvp.

Just started doing matches and I thought "gee. I must suck as a healer. I keep getting two shot... by the same class... everytime..."
    Switched to assault and suddenly jumped to 1/2 on the scoreboards despite sucking and never playing assault before.
    Yeah. It's been depressing playing a Dreadnaught. Since it's an MMO I figured it was just people being bad at the game, but the class is fine.

Nope, the class sucks, and it's really difficult being useful when you also suck at the game, too. Even when I'm close enough to cornhole someone with my chaingun, they can still very easily zip away with plenty of health remaining, but fat chance of me being able to do the same. Most of the time I get blown to shit by some assault flying around above me and crapping rockets everywhere.

I really question the design goal of giving the class with the powerful AOE spam weapon the highest mobility without also making them as durable as a wet paper bag. Oh well. I don't know enough about the game to say whether the assault class is overpowered, or if the dreadnaught class just sucks so much everything ELSE looks overpowered.

I do wish that my chaingun really felt dangerous, though. At least when you have a Heavy fall on you from above in TF2 you know you're going to be dead in about half a second, kind of helps make up for the "you have to be blind, deaf, and retarded to let a Heavy get that close in the first place," thing.

If anyone has an extra beta key lying around I would love to receive one!! I've been following this game for a very long time and have been signed up for longer then I can remember but I'm not a very lucky person lol.. Anyways I got in last beta weekend but was working so I didn't get to play much but from what I did see it looks to live up to everything I've read and watched I just want some more time with it.. Much more time!

So I've been pvping on the assault more. Improved splash damage is broken.
    Even in pve its like a 75% charged recon chest shot. Spammable. And aoe.

Yeah, Assault is easy mode although it is quite fun to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, Assault is easy mode although it is quite fun to play.
    Agreed but something has got to give design wise.

Speed, insane damage, but the same survivability as everyone else? (arguably higher due to their mobility)

The canon should probably arc more. You can practically snipe with it at 200m.

I thought i'd give it a try, remember seeing it as a concept a while ago but never followed it that much, with a few spare hours ill give it a go.

to the ppl looking for beta keys, i won't link the forum but if you go to firefalls off topic forum there is a thread in there with about 20 keys or more.

Just went there yea there is quite a few topics with people giving away keys but they are taken for the most part it seems.. waiting to see if any of them get back to me but the topic is "old" so I dont think there is much chance.. thanks though!!!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smiteme12 View Post
    Just went there yea there is quite a few topics with people giving away keys but they are taken for the most part it seems.. waiting to see if any of them get back to me but the topic is "old" so I dont think there is much chance.. thanks though!!!
    Just PM'd you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 03:22 PM ----------

...the truth...
    You are 100% correct and you hit the nail on the head. Please excuse my rant:

Before the last "balancing" patch Dreadnaughts were a close range damage dealer and they excelled at it. Its what I loved about the class. They were fairly worthless at medium and long ranges but at <20 meters they would melt everything in PvE and PvP. Their abilities are still based around the idea getting to within 20 meters or keeping someone else within 20 meters so they could do their thing (therefore not needing a small hit box or as much mobility to be viable). They were also the effective counter for Assault class in PvP. An Assault could win if they had enough skill to stay at a range greater than 20 meters and land hits (hence their decent HP and insane mobility) but if the Dread could keep on their heels (even tho they were slower) then the Dread would win. It forced the skill floor to play Assault to be higher since they couldn't just plasma cannon other players in the face and had to stay at medium ranges to avoid dying and a decent assault/biotech player could still facestomp a Dread before they got within range.

Then Red5 decided to majorly fuck up and listen to the PvP community. An overwhelming number of people who PvP play assault and the one class that was killing assaults were Dreads because they couldn't wrap their tiny brains around the fact that they needed to stay at medium or long range to win. So assault player after assault player would go to the forums and complain about how Dreads were OP when the real problem is that bad players couldn't actually hit anything if they were forced to be at any kind of range.

The recent "balancing" patch came out and Red5 decided to nerf the damage of Dreads by 40% (making them roughly equal to the damage of a sub-machine gun that every class has access to). Their dps is lower than biotechs that can hit long range, can hand out DoTs, and get healed from every hit landed. Their dps is roughly the same as an assault, but because the Dread has less mobility and a larger hit box and because Assaults can fire and run (you can LOS someone while your plasma projectile is still traveling through the air) Dreads have essentially become worthless in PvP. Engineers are now the short range damage kings with the Tesla rifle doing really good damage and have a number of tricks to tank through damage as well as get the upper hand in a fight. Engineers went from being a support class before the patch to being the best counter to the assault class.

Now Red5 thought the best thing to do along with nerfing Dread's damage was to increase their range so it would be 'balanced'. The problem with that is that nearly all of their abilities are centered around getting to within or keeping another at close range. So now their abilities don't even really work because if you use them to get within close range you'll get out-DPS'd by every other class.

/rant
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-12-07 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    I just played in the stress test weekend, and was it just me or do you run out of missions super early? I got no more after you went to the bunkers and then to the small camp. Nothing came up for me after that.

Also, what's with the chosen juggernauts being able to bombard you w/o any line of sight? I'm behind a rock formation and they continue to track me perfectly as I move about. It's impossible to 'peek out' and snipe them because they are constantly bombarding you. It was quite annoying.