Page 30 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I just played in the stress test weekend, and was it just me or do you run out of missions super early? I got no more after you went to the bunkers and then to the small camp. Nothing came up for me after that.

Also, what's with the chosen juggernauts being able to bombard you w/o any line of sight? I'm behind a rock formation and they continue to track me perfectly as I move about. It's impossible to 'peek out' and snipe them because they are constantly bombarding you. It was quite annoying.
    There's not much mission content at the moment, no. You're not quite done though, after a relog at that point you should have a couple more missions to do.

The Chosen are nuts in general. You get used to them after a while. I imagine there is plenty tweaking to be done, being a beta and all.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

need beta key anyone have an extra???

Quote Originally Posted by alltheydoisdance View Post
    need beta key anyone have an extra???
    PM me your email and I will send you an invite.
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2012-12-11 at 09:02 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Great, had my eye on playing a juggernaught for pvp purposes, and I read on the forums they just got nerfed. It's a new record for me: this time a class I like gets nerfed before I even had the chance to play it.

Deleted
    just found a beta invite for this in my inbox from like 3months ago, guess i will give it a go.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    Great, had my eye on playing a juggernaught for pvp purposes, and I read on the forums they just got nerfed. It's a new record for me: this time a class I like gets nerfed before I even had the chance to play it.
    well its beta.. rather have classes tweaked now

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I just played in the stress test weekend, and was it just me or do you run out of missions super early? I got no more after you went to the bunkers and then to the small camp. Nothing came up for me after that.

Also, what's with the chosen juggernauts being able to bombard you w/o any line of sight? I'm behind a rock formation and they continue to track me perfectly as I move about. It's impossible to 'peek out' and snipe them because they are constantly bombarding you. It was quite annoying.
    They just started implementing the static quest lines for the tutorial...and I think they are just going to rework the whole tutorial as they didn't really like the way the current one was leaving players more confused than informed.

I agree that the Chosen's tracking is a little too much...but more because I find it immersion breaking than anything else. You do learn to deal with them fairly well, which is a good thing, but it takes some time before you do. Red5 intended the game to be a group activity so what feels impossible on your own becomes mildly challenging with some friends. If you are playing Recon stay as far away as you can and enjoy farming them without having them fire back at you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 04:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Warrior View Post
    They are going to be fixing them in the next content patch.

Dreads aren't horrible in PvP, they are actually fairly balanced now (they were pretty OP by late tier 2 previously). The problem is that the PvP nerfs directly carried over into PvE and those who like to play Dread in PvE suddenly found themselves taking forever to kill anything (and dying a lot more as a result)...especially with the recent increase in difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    I agree that the Chosen's tracking is a little too much...but more because I find it immersion breaking than anything else. You do learn to deal with them fairly well, which is a good thing, but it takes some time before you do. Red5 intended the game to be a group activity so what feels impossible on your own becomes mildly challenging with some friends. If you are playing Recon stay as far away as you can and enjoy farming them without having them fire back at you.
    The Chosen's ability to accurately fire at you from miles away is really the only thing broken about them. Otherwise, I actually love their current toughness, and that's coming from a guy that usually prefers to solo things. Their toughness alongside their dialogue (which is kind of cheesy in an over-the-top evil way, but the voice acting really sells it) means that, when traveling alone, running into a pack of Chosen can be a genuinely frightening experience and even taking them on as a group can be a daunting challenge. That said, I wish there was a bit more of a reward for actually braving Chosen assaults and retaking watch towers. As of right now, thumper groups seem to get a way better payoff at far less risk.

Also, my main reason for posting in here was to see if anyone still had a free beta key lying around they wouldn't mind giving me. I played the most recent open beta event and while it's obvious the game still needs A LOT of polish, I was surprised at how much fun I still had with it in its current state, and wouldn't mind helping out with the feedback to get this game off the ground. It could easily replace GW2 for me as the go-to F2P game when I just want to dive into some quick MMO action. Hell, just thumper running and Chosen hunting this weekend was hours of mindless fun for me; I can't wait to see what else they have in store if/when they really get things up and running.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another content/tweaking patch went in yesterday:
    • Chosen spawn A LOT less. Kind of makes me sad because Chosen hunting is one of my favorite things to do in the game and is a great way to meet new people.
    • Chosen have had their damage and clip size reduced, reload time increased and their aim is no longer as good.
    • Chosen AI is currently bugged and being worked on...certain pathing is preventing them from switching to combat mode so they will sometimes just stand there and let you shoot them or try to run away without firing at you.
    • Watchtowers are invulnerable to attack for 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes.
    • Chambered rounds. Crafted ammo buff that gives you additional Chemical, Fire, or Elemental damage and some cool particle effects. 10% damage increase. Lasts for 10 minutes, costs 2000 Crystite+500 CY Hybrid. Haven't played around with it enough really give any other insight.

^Plasma cannon shot (assault frame) with Thermal rounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any word on them making it so that the character doesn't take up a third of the screen at maxed FOV settings?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Any word on them making it so that the character doesn't take up a third of the screen at maxed FOV settings?
    Nothing I've heard about, but you can always switch to first person view by clicking the middle mouse button.

EDIT: Just announced that all Founders Packs are 25% off.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-12-21 at 04:16 AM.

Deleted
    Would love a beta key if anyone have an extra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing I've heard about, but you can always switch to first person view by clicking the middle mouse button.

EDIT: Just announced that all Founders Packs are 25% off.
    First person doesn't help, the FOV is too narrow. Feels like a waste of time trying to play the game when you need to be able to see everywhere at once due to jetpacks but they didn't think to implement a decent field of view in either mode.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Would love a beta key if anyone have an extra.
    PM me your email, and I'll send ya a beta invite.

Once Pacer gets theirs, I'll also have 4 more invites left, if anyone else pops in the thread that still wants into the beta. I've checked around with people I know, and no one really seemed interested. May hold onto an invite or two just in case; some might just be too invested in other games right now.

Regarding the recent patch: The Chosen are way less challenging in general now, thanks to those nerfs. (That ranged nerf was really only one that was absolutely necessary.) Again, I liked when they were genuinely threatening. If they really want to encourage people to band together to take them on, despite the challenge, they need to up the reward for retaking towers and beating back invasions.

Also, the chambered rounds look nifty, but don't really seem to give that much of a bonus, especially given their price.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    First person doesn't help, the FOV is too narrow. Feels like a waste of time trying to play the game when you need to be able to see everywhere at once due to jetpacks but they didn't think to implement a decent field of view in either mode.
    I tried looking into it for you and the best I've been able to find is that (as of right now) having only single monitor support and static FOV helps keep the playing field level for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Also, the chambered rounds look nifty, but don't really seem to give that much of a bonus, especially given their price.
    Right now there isn't much of a point to them (other than the 10-12% damage increase)...although I have to admit that thermal chamber on my Dread makes it look like a flamethrower which is pretty darn sweet. 2,000 crystite is a lot for a buff that in total only lasts 50 minutes (5 chambers x 10 minute buff for each).

The plan, at least as far as I've read and understood, is to make certain in-world bosses only suseptable to certain types of chambers. So shooting XYZ-boss with regular rounds or the wrong type of chamber causes you to do 80% less damage but shooting them with thermal/electric/poison rounds makes you do 110-150% damage. For instance, thermal rounds might do extra damage against armored vehicles where as normal rounds might hardly do anything at all (because of the armor).

The plan, at least as far as I've read and understood, is to make certain in-world bosses only suseptable to certain types of chambers. So shooting XYZ-boss with regular rounds or the wrong type of chamber causes you to do 80% less damage but shooting them with thermal/electric/poison rounds makes you do 110-150% damage. For instance, thermal rounds might do extra damage against armored vehicles where as normal rounds might hardly do anything at all (because of the armor).
    Interesting. It must be one of the ways they plan on gating certain bosses, rather than the typical MMO gear-grind.

Also, the power has been coming and going in my area as a result of the weather, so I apologize if I am slow getting beta invites out to people. I currently have 3 left, if there's anyone else who's still interested, and I wanted to hang on to at least one in case someone I knew changed their mind about give it a try.
    Last edited by RadasNoir; 2012-12-23 at 12:43 AM.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Those of you in the beta and intending to send invites might find the following useful.
    If instead of filling in an email address, you try to send the "invite" without one it will be converted to a key instead.
    That is something you can send to another person without first requiring their email and nor is it tied to an email address until redeemed.
    Also when invites are sent out they have a "cap" on the quantity you can have in total, so that any number over that cap are simply lost.
    When converted to keys they do not seem to count towards that cap, and therefore can be hoarded or stockpiled in greater quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    If instead of filling in an email address, you try to send the "invite" without one it will be converted to a key instead.
    Good to know:
    1) 5KV7L-C4XBT-LN6F8-B534X
    2) YNCAP-Z769A-METQU-0HZ9Z

Whoever gets them - have fun.

Deleted
    Somehow i managed to get into the beta and i can tell the game is pretty good, especially after the latest patch. Here are some more beta keys for people who want to play

WI329-7Y8PW-0MOZP-P3HZJ
    QYMF5-PH0VT-ZMBPR-71RDU
    Y7W1T-L51HK-4F5WO-ZBZP0
    XK0E9-D33N1-81UCL-LAMKQ
    A80SH-34CKI-OZXTJ-VHACS

Updated the OP.