Page 39 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Unless they really diversify the progression of the frames and allow far greater customization within each suit, allowing each one to have it's own multiple tiers, this news just killed the excitement of progression in this game for me.
    I suspect that the new progression trees (which will still be in the game) will be larger for the low tiers, as there will no longer be tiers. For one thing, they will have to be.
    Too many secondary weapons are not available to the lower tiers (burst rifle) so in the revamp, I would not be surprised if our current t1 trees become three times as long as they currently are.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.
    I suspect the game will become like league now in terms of suits = champions.
    The thing is, they can thrust "balance" partly onto the player. Some suits will be good for world pvp. Some suits will be good for capture the point. Some suits will be good for capture the flag. Some suits will be good at death match. Some suits will be good at convoy. Some suits will be good at arena. Some suit will be good a 50v50 matches. Knowing what suits are good at what will become part of being "skilled" at the game or map or suit.
    By not forcing us to do 1 type of pvp for the best gear, players will minmax for each map.
    League creates its own balance problems not by having 100+ champions but by having a limited number of maps. When they added dominion, many champions that were 'meh' at 5v5, the main form of league, shined and shined hard. If league had gone on to make 4 or 5 different maps with different objectives, different champions would have excelled at them.
    You can only balance diversity of classes with diversity of game play.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-15 at 09:02 PM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    If league had gone on to make 4 or 5 different maps with different objectives, different champions would have excelled at them.
    You can only balance diversity of classes with diversity of game play.
    You make a good point.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...ession-system/

A little more in depth explanation. It's not like it sounds confusing, but it still doesn't sound very interesting to me. I need to see it in action I guess.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    http://www.firefallthegame.com/2013/...ession-system/

A little more in depth explanation. It's not like it sounds confusing, but it still doesn't sound very interesting to me. I need to see it in action I guess.
    I read that and none of my doubts have been explained. Guess i have to wait for the patch to see for myself.

Have a few spare 24/7 beta keys left. PM me and I'll give you one. (I wouldn't mind something in return, but it's not necessary). First come, first serve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i can relate to that the problem i think is they'll have too many suits eventually, just like League of Legends has now over 50 champions, and some play almost alike.
    In the end they won't be able to keep balance with so many suits, and theres gonna be a clusterfuck of abilities , and as new ones come out the others will be plagued by old mechanics.

I like the concept or at least the illusion of progression. Once i get to Tier 5 (lets just pretend its the max for the sake of the argument) i can safely forget the other frames before it and focus on that one. Ideally i think it should be like it was Base Recon --> 2 choices of style for Tier 2 --> 2 choices of style for Tier 3 --> 3 choices of style for tier 4 and so forth , eventually reaching max Tier and having 4 or 5 sub types of Rogue within the Recon (a Powerful Sniper, a Saboteur, a melee ninja, a sneaky sneaky guy with decoys, smoke bombs and stuffs etc). That was my vision of the system at least.
    LoL has over 100 champions actually

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    LoL has over 100 champions actually
    Not really sure how many it has but i don't play it anymore. Was just a random number i was almost positive on but too lazy to check.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder if theres any content coming with the next patch aswell, seriously hope its not only the Battleframe and Crafting changes.

Wonder if theres any content coming with the next patch aswell, seriously hope its not only the Battleframe and Crafting changes.
    I think they've flat out said they are adding a ton of pve

*like 2 weeks ago podcast thingy
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-03-20 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't catch time to hear it im afraid.

I still don't get why they make a level less game when they add a vertical progression regardless. It's the same with TSW taking out the levels but keeping upgraded gear and skills for higher "renamed leveling system here" makes no freaken difference if the game has traditional levels or not.

If there is a vertical progression system that isn't traditional levels removing traditional levels doesn't change a damn thing besides sugar coating your game.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-03-20 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I still don't get why they make a level less game when they add a vertical progression regardless. It's the same with TSW taking out the levels but keeping upgraded gear and skills for higher "renamed leveling system here" makes no freaken difference if the game has traditional levels or not.

If there is a vertical progression system that isn't traditional levels removing traditional levels doesn't change a damn thing besides sugar coating your game.
    In 3 days there isn't going to be vertical progression.

(the tier system is going away)

10+ Year Old Account

I really hope they stick to that. Would especially be awesome if there was no gear treadmill.

thank

god

I hated TSW for sugar coating: "yea we have no levels! except gear is exactly the same and restricts you to where you can play and weapons still need to be leveled up with a differn't kind of level!"

dah fu?

I really hope they stick to that. Would especially be awesome if there was no gear treadmill.
    Interesting bit on that...

Crafting is going to be super serious part of this game.

Your gear is going to break.
    You are going to have to make more.
    Crafting is going to take forever to level. (The dev team even suggests we specialize in one type of crafting and trade with other characters who specialize in other crafting to get gear)

So... There will be a gear treadmill... Just one we have never been on before.
    And one that I have been asking for for a long time.
    I hate when you level crafting, make the best pieces that profession makes, start raiding, and never touch it again

Interesting bit on that...

Crafting is going to be super serious part of this game.

Your gear is going to break.
    You are going to have to make more.
    Crafting is going to take forever to level. (The dev team even suggests we specialize in one type of crafting and trade with other characters who specialize in other crafting to get gear)

So... There will be a gear treadmill... Just one we have never been on before.
    And one that I have been asking for for a long time.
    I hate when you level crafting, make the best pieces that profession makes, start raiding, and never touch it again
    I like that "gear treadmill" because it's not a power curve, more of a time sink.

Personally I think blizzards big PvP update is going to be pvp stat normalization like recent games are doing...

i see it now...

I like that "gear treadmill" because it's not a power curve, more of a time sink.

Personally I think blizzards big PvP update is going to be pvp stat normalization like recent games are doing...

i see it now...
    Oh if you like normalization... Let me tell you what firefall is doing in 3 days.

When you enter a battleground, you get switched to a stock pvp version of your suits. If you have 15 suits, you have 15 pvp copies of those suits.
    The pvp suits have stock accord quality gear and accord quality weapons. Complete even ground.
    Also, if a suit is overpowered in pvp... The dev team will tweak the PVP VERSION OF THAT SUIT. Leaving pve 100% alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate gear treadmill. And i hate crafting. Where does that leave me? Seriously think about it. In MMOs you craft like you're some pro on the subject. Where do the heroes find time to be Blacksmiths,Alchemists, Miners and Chefs? Seriously you're the hero and you're all that aswell? That would rob others peoples jobs =/ Over qualified i tell you.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:05 AM ----------

Oh if you like normalization... Let me tell you what firefall is doing in 3 days.

When you enter a battleground, you get switched to a stock pvp version of your suits. If you have 15 suits, you have 15 pvp copies of those suits.
    The pvp suits have stock accord quality gear and accord quality weapons. Complete even ground.
    Also, if a suit is overpowered in pvp... The dev team will tweak the PVP VERSION OF THAT SUIT. Leaving pve 100% alone.
    That is nice, might even PvP, to get my Unreal Tournament glory days back. Oh man.

I read the article, it still sounds like "gain exp and spend points here and here". But I guess im reading it wrong.

I read the article, it still sounds like "gain exp and spend points here and here". But I guess im reading it wrong.
    Exp still exists for PVE, same with the tech tree. It allows you to tweak shit a little bit.
    But it's not like the current system where t2 is just so much better than t1. (1 extra ability slot, more health, more regen) and no printed gear. (printed gear is OP)

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:09 AM ----------

I hate gear treadmill. And i hate crafting.
    Well, I think we also have to keep in mind that in this game most of the activities you do give you mats for crafting.