Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    *snip*
    Here's the problem with all that story and context though...none of it is provided in game. At all. And that's kinda bad.

Also, our gripes are less about story and context (at least mine are) and more about gameplay direction. I finished the little tutorial and was just there with no real indication of what to work towards, and my attempts to explore around to look for things to do to progress weren't too successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Here's the problem with all that story and context though...none of it is provided in game. At all. And that's kinda bad.

Also, our gripes are less about story and context (at least mine are) and more about gameplay direction. I finished the little tutorial and was just there with no real indication of what to work towards, and my attempts to explore around to look for things to do to progress weren't too successful.
    That's coming next patch when they add the Copa story line to improve the first hour of play. They are scrapping the battle training room stuff.

*Well, at least in the next phase.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-21 at 02:12 AM.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

That's coming next patch when they add the Copa story line to improve the first hour of play. They are scrapping the battle training room stuff.
    Ok so after this "first hour of play" will it continue the story or is it gonna just drop you off in the middle of nowhere like it does now?

So...they're putting back in the original tutorial system again? They really need to get their shit together and figure out a direction to stick with. The number of times this games direction has radically changed over the past year is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So...they're putting back in the original tutorial system again? They really need to get their shit together and figure out a direction to stick with. The number of times this games direction has radically changed over the past year is insane.
    They never said they were removing the copa to lgv microprint line indefinitely. They said they were taking it out so they could rework and expand back during patch .5.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zexion VI View Post
    Ok so after this "first hour of play" will it continue the story or is it gonna just drop you off in the middle of nowhere like it does now?
    No, there's the batsheba package mission which leads to BWA (which is the story line) and they are adding new instances which will also move the story forward (those are hitting the PTS next week I think?)

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly, I think that the battleframe training room shouldn't be removed (I doubt it will)... It should just include a briefing over the PA system that explains what the accord stands for. You know, other than Nostromos pawns. EARTH FIRST. SUPPORT EARTH FIRST.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-21 at 02:28 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is your driver out of date? I was playing this morning and it was rendering fine.
    Not out of date. I'm going to roll back my drivers and see if that was the issue...had it happen before where AMD released a completely bugged out driver for my laptop.

Edit: On a side note, R5 is hiring replacements for the people they fired. One of our friends from when we lived in California got called in for an interview next week. (Well, I don't think they are replacing the youtube cosplay/comedy team lol!)
    I really hate to say this, but Stage5 was a complete joke imho. Project Cosplay got most of their views because of the girl's giant funbags. The live action trailer was embarrassingly bad. Some of their music videos were funny...but the land of YouTube is full of funny.

Also, congrats to your friend (and especially so if it is their first job in the industry).

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Not out of date. I'm going to roll back my drivers and see if that was the issue...had it happen before where AMD released a completely bugged out driver for my laptop.

I really hate to say this, but Stage5 was a complete joke imho. Project Cosplay got most of their views because of the girl's giant funbags. The live action trailer was embarrassingly bad. Some of their music videos were funny...but the land of YouTube is full of funny.

Also, congrats to your friend (and especially so if it is their first job in the industry).
    Agreed on stage5. Interesting idea but not something I would trying while trying to make an MMO. I am really looking forward to firefall focusing 100% on pve content now that they are applying the finishing touches to crafting. Some people have been upset about the focus on crafting but it's a huge part of their game/economy (which requires durability and the fanbase supports it in every poll) and I love the idea of augmenting abilities with secondary effects. That such a huge step up from even the complexity of .5 but with a user interface that makes it easy.

While I would classify our friend as a rookie, he's been in the industry for about 3/4 years now. Idk, most our collegey california people have fallen out of touch with us since we moved. They are mainly facebook friends now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    A blend of WoW style questing with GW2esque events, sorta like they have already, would be awesome. Quests are good at hand holding and lore immersion, guiding you into the open world where events can take over. I feel like a lot of their decisions, like many games today (see Wildstar) are suffering from the hokey pokey syndrome.
    ya know the lack of a quest/mission(whatever) log is what really turns me off from the game, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE running round killing Chosen squads and Towers. I spend bout an hour or more in mornings (when I can) just slaughtering Chosen in towers i KNOW i will NEVER retake but MAN its a blast doing it.

But then when I want to do something else I have to map search for something to do.

Why did Nostromo dive the Arclight into a populated city when the coords it was set for was the ocean?
    Where is the technology for getting back to the stars? We did it once why are we not doing it again? did the Melding take over the WHOLE PLANET?
    Are there any OTHER pockets of Melding resistance groups fighting for survival like we are?
    How did the Melding get created? What was it about the Arclight reactor that started this catastrophe?
    Why are the Chosen committed to wiping us out? What is the purpose of Batshebas mission line?
    What is the Tanken Raiders purpose in the world?
    If we are fighting for survival in such a SMALL area why are we trying to kill each other? (PVP here) I asked this question when the Agent tourny started in WoW..... Why are we killing those that can HELP us?
    What created the Ahrana mobs how did they get here? WHEN ooohh WHEN will he finally see MORE of the map NOT under it?( sry Bard but i do want a bigger world)

I have SOOOO many othe questions that I think of while playing but EVERY game needs its background fleshed out. Like a poster a few pages back said Gameplay (and a REASON for playing) will make or break this game.

I can hardly get on anymore because I have no direction for my character except thump hump Hunt Chosen and thump hump an ARES or two thump hump.........

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Bold : Yet again. They develop crafting so much its not funny anymore. Probably at the expense of much more tangible things like quest chains, story and gameplay.
    Underlined: Seems like a neat concept, cool.
    Italic: Forgive me for not being up to date with all of these things, but is there anything actually important in this? Last time i checked copacabana was just a place to use printer and with alot of vendors. Does the small available map need another?
    YES i m tired of crafting updates give me REASONS why Im slaughtering Chosen, Reasons and where the Tanken came from what they want WHY should we stop them

- - - Updated - - -

*not to mention that they are adding ARES to diamond head and in order to do that they will have to expand the map downward like they did with new Eden.
    screw downward move OUTWARD we are on a PLANET not an asteroid i want o move around not go spelunking

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    ya know the lack of a quest/mission(whatever) log is what really turns me off from the game, and I REALLY REALLY REALLY LOVE LOVE LOVE running round killing Chosen squads and Towers. I spend bout an hour or more in mornings (when I can) just slaughtering Chosen in towers i KNOW i will NEVER retake but MAN its a blast doing it.

But then when I want to do something else I have to map search for something to do.

Why did Nostromo dive the Arclight into a populated city when the coords it was set for was the ocean?
    Where is the technology for getting back to the stars? We did it once why are we not doing it again? did the Melding take over the WHOLE PLANET?
    Are there any OTHER pockets of Melding resistance groups fighting for survival like we are?
    How did the Melding get created? What was it about the Arclight reactor that started this catastrophe?
    Why are the Chosen committed to wiping us out? What is the purpose of Batshebas mission line?
    What is the Tanken Raiders purpose in the world?
    If we are fighting for survival in such a SMALL area why are we trying to kill each other? (PVP here) I asked this question when the Agent tourny started in WoW..... Why are we killing those that can HELP us?
    What created the Ahrana mobs how did they get here? WHEN ooohh WHEN will he finally see MORE of the map NOT under it?( sry Bard but i do want a bigger world)

I have SOOOO many othe questions that I think of while playing but EVERY game needs its background fleshed out. Like a poster a few pages back said Gameplay (and a REASON for playing) will make or break this game.

I can hardly get on anymore because I have no direction for my character except thump hump Hunt Chosen and thump hump an ARES or two thump hump.........
    A:I think as they were crashing, nostromo aimed for the one spot in the world that was repulsing the melding (copa).
    A: The whole world is covered in melding. The sublight ships that were used for transport of crysite before the arclight was completed should be here in 7 years.
    A: The tanken are able to wander around the melding. Why? Not sure... But apparently, they may be the good guys. Not the accord. They might be fighting the chosen out in the melding. The tanken see the accord as evil so they want to wipe it out (I think they mainly see SIN and nostromo as evil. Sometimes they even tell you to stop fighting them because they are the good guys)
    A: So, it might be that it was the crystite fumes from the engine pretty much imploding but we aren't sure. Melding, according to batsheba, is this processes when crystite fumes turn carbon into something else... something alien! She called the process melding. However, that doens't explain the presence that invaded Graves mind.
    A: The chosen aren't here to wipe us out exactly. According to Graves, we are a 'vestigial species', basically the tonsoles of the animal kingdom. The melding is transforming the world, in it's opinon evolving it, and us along with it. There is some implication that the affinitys are the missing link between humans and chosen. Some are even able to be half melded and end up looking like angels rather than demons.
    A: The package wasn't from Batsheba. It was from graves :X That's why he talks about the story of the goat and the wolf. He set a trap and the anomaly is clearly something we shouldn't have brought back to copa.
    A: You aren't dead dead. You get arcported to a medbay when your blood pressure drops too low or something. The tanken see the accord as evil so they want to wipe it out (I think they mainly see SIN and nostromo as evil. Sometimes they even tell you to stop fighting them because they are the good guys)
    A: I think arahanas are from the other planet alpha prime or whatever. The other ship will be here to save us in about 7 years.
    A: Next patch we will see the first of the melding pockets to become full zone with ares missions, a city, and all that fun stuff. (not positive on the city, yet. It should be in there if they are moving to stage 2... they said they would add them). Basically, we will be going from having 1 copa to 4 copas. Also, there is "S-Day" or Serto day (Think D-Day in WW2) that Aero keeps talking about. However, the dev team hasn't confirmed it... They just kept adding voice files that talk about it lol. This would be an expansion of copa to the west, about halfway to Dredge.

*forgot to mention. Only parts of the arclight were brought to land. The majority of the ship is out in the bay.

- - - Updated - - -

screw downward move OUTWARD we are on a PLANET not an asteroid i want o move around not go spelunking
    There may be technical limitations to how far they can expand the a zone like copa. That said, they have not only done a ton of world design and art in the melded area (which is actually about twice the size of the non melded area. People got to explore it when there was the plating regen bug) they've implied that we will be expanding copa on S-day in an AQ gates like event.

- - - Updated - - -

*Honestly, I suspect that the anomaly is a Titan egg or becon that with activate as S-day launches as Graves plan to not only stop us retaking Serto but possibly destroy the primary repulsor in copa.
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-09-22 at 11:35 PM.

OHH yea the other thing that bothers me.

the crafting HELLA HORRIBAD wait time.... well not the wait time so much as the LACK of SLOTS for crafting. I like that it takes TIME to craft but DAMN only TWO SLOTS. If they do anything with crafting they GOTTA increase the amount of slots

OHH yea the other thing that bothers me.

the crafting HELLA HORRIBAD wait time.... well not the wait time so much as the LACK of SLOTS for crafting. I like that it takes TIME to craft but DAMN only TWO SLOTS. If they do anything with crafting they GOTTA increase the amount of slots
    They are. Subscribers get 2 additional crafting bays I think? They are also dabbling with the idea of making it a single time purchase.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if BioCrossbow actually looks like a Crossbow now.

YES i m tired of crafting updates give me REASONS why Im slaughtering Chosen, Reasons and where the Tanken came from what they want WHY should we stop them
    Agreed. The crafting in Firefall seems to be a goal, not a means. Which also means that somewhere pre-development, they made the wrong decisions or plain simply forgot what they initially designed the game to be and are now just 'abusing' the more complex supportive systems, like crafting, in the game to extend the life of the game by turning them into the purpose of the game.

Once more; grind to craft, craft to improve, improve to be able to grind higher or more, grind to craft, craft to improve. Rinse and repeat, with the only sidestep being a different frame. The story itself remains mostly unexplained and most events in the game are basically just there to force the world on the player, without explaining why that's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I wonder if BioCrossbow actually looks like a Crossbow now.
    Nope. It will look like a biorifle (and viceversa)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It will look like a biorifle (and viceversa)
    /sadface =/ . One of the reasons i unlocked Biotech Recluse

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Agreed. The crafting in Firefall seems to be a goal, not a means. Which also means that somewhere pre-development, they made the wrong decisions or plain simply forgot what they initially designed the game to be and are now just 'abusing' the more complex supportive systems, like crafting, in the game to extend the life of the game by turning them into the purpose of the game.
    Yeah, considering what they claimed the game was going to be and that 90% of the PvE content was done in 2011 I think their intentions of creating a great game have dissolved into nothing more than a cash grab at this point.

They are lucky that they have something unique in the MMO market currently, but I honestly believe it will empty out pretty fast when other MMOs come out that actually deliver on similar promises that R5 once made.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Once more; grind to craft, craft to improve, improve to be able to grind higher or more, grind to craft, craft to improve. Rinse and repeat, with the only sidestep being a different frame. The story itself remains mostly unexplained and most events in the game are basically just there to force the world on the player, without explaining why that's happening.
    Yup...the only kicker is that you can easily do most of the content in the game in a mix of S1 and S2 gear.
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2013-09-24 at 12:17 AM.

Yeah, considering what they claimed the game was going to be and that 90% of the PvE content was done in 2011 I think their intentions of creating a great game have dissolved into nothing more than a cash grab at this point.

They are lucky that they have something unique in the MMO market currently, but I honestly believe it will empty out pretty fast when other MMOs come out that actually deliver on similar promises that R5 once made.

Yup...the only kicker is that you can easily do most of the content in the game in a mix of S1 and S2 gear.
    I would say that that would be GA2 but... Well, we will just have to see what happens with hirez studios. GA1 and TA did not pan out very well despite having some really solid mechanics (love GA1s feel and weapons)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say that that would be GA2 but... Well, we will just have to see what happens with hirez studios. GA1 and TA did not pan out very well despite having some really solid mechanics (love GA1s feel and weapons)
    I haven't read up much on GA2 although I did enjoy the first one (even tho I tried it long after nearly every left). At least in terms of sandboxy crafty games I was thinking more along the lines of The Repopulation.

I haven't read up much on GA2 although I did enjoy the first one (even tho I tried it long after nearly every left). At least in terms of sandboxy crafty games I was thinking more along the lines of The Repopulation.
    Heh, whoops. I was more thinking about the pvp stuff. GA2 is going to be almost all about pvp apparently.

1 year from now.
    Alternate future. We have failed to take dredge.

- - - Updated - - -

The Arclight accident. Minutes before impact.