Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    well stomping on bads is nice and all.

but frost mages ARE overpowered. particularly against melee.

the dk may have been terrible but that doesn't stop the class you were playing from being a very hard counter to melee in general and calling some one bad because they cant beat their hard counter is kind of childish of you.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Mage owns someone in a duel. Let me guess, he was melee and never even touched you? Mages are the strongest 1v1 class by a large margin. I know you thought it was skill, it isn't. You are playing the spec with arguably the lowest skill-floor in it's most Overpowered element, 1v1.

Frost mages may or may not be balanced in 3v3 arena, I won't open that can of worms. However, not a single human being with half a brain will ever argue that Frost mages aren't godmode/easymode in 1v1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Little hard to believe you have 8 PVPing chars you play well enough so that you could all beat a 2.2k player at on all of them. I believe you, don't worry, but 8 characters seems like an exaggeration.

Anyway, if he thinks everything is OP then obviously there is no such thing as "OP." It is overused without proper context.
    2,2k player? obviously false since he lost all the duels.
    Like how he's calling everything OP when he is playing a dk himself" dun dun duuun

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I tried almost the same thing the other day, but with a different approach.
    I saw this hunter beating a warrior almost flawless. Then I gave him a few pointers, like use detterance on his charge (keep max range, get close enough for him to charge and cast detterance) gave him some good burst ideas and such, then he told me I was a noob, because that tactic sucked and what-not. We then decided to duel, i was on my Affliction Warlock, and I killed him with 100% hp and all survival CDs up.
    Not to defend that Hunter, he sounds like a bunghole, but you do realize that DoT classes hard-counter Hunters? You should 100-0 him, you are his classes hard-counter.

As far as the Hunter tips. Deterrence has a 2m, 1.5m CD depending on your spec. That is not a reliable counter for a 12 second ability. It does work though, not debating that. It's a solid tip, but not optimal by any means.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2011-11-13 at 08:41 PM.

Yeah, I ran into a similar experience yesterday in a BH10 pug. Spriest in full (ungemmed, unenchanted) 384 PvP gear + weapons...and doing 7k DPS. Didn't Mind Sear any of the eyes, Mind Spike was highest damage, etc. etc....and he proceeds to blame the other DPS on the wiping (from eye explosions) despite the fact that the tanks are doing more damage than him.

C'mon Blizz, crack down on ebayed accounts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    When I was a high ranking officer in a raiding guild near the onset of Cata, I had to pull this one raider aside and tell him to stop trolling trade and guild chat. His lengthy response was a combination of "I should be able to do what ever I want" mixed with "I'm good dps, you can't afford to lose me." Well, after I informed him that upon entering the guild he agreed to abide by our terms, and that just because he wasn't at the bottom of the dps charts the one time we brought him to BWD in the past two weeks doesn't constitute him as a "valued dps," he just gquit and joined another guild. He turned around not 10 min later and whispered me saying "Thanks for giving me the boot. Gave me the chance to ladder climb and get into a lv.25 guild. Oh btw, you're bad "

"UR Bad" and "UR OP" are pretty much synonymous these days. Its quite sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    You overpowered him, so he probably just screwed up when trying to type "You overpowered me, asswipe!".

Honestly, most terms that once served a purpose have now been reduced to simple dribble thanks to overusage.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Unless of course you play a Hunter or Priest in said scenario in wich case killing 2 rogues by yourself is not only possible but even easy...
    umm, yes if they caught rogues on open, without stealth. when that hunter and priest (and almost every other class) goes trough mid of bg (lets say wsg) semi decent rogue with heirlooms will kill them in low lvl bg before they know whats going on. ambushes at low level are way too strong for any class to survive initial attack especially if rogue knows what to do. rogues are only class that i'm aware of that they have all pvp tools they need before level 30. with good gear they just kill everything. ofc, if you get them outside of stealth they are in trouble somewhat. on my warrior killed lots of them when i had chance to charge. if they open on me, i'm as good as gone.

Quote Originally Posted by 0502wz View Post
    I see your title and I guess: you must be Mage. And I am right!

From your logic, I think the term "overuse" has been overused.
    Read the rest of what happened much?
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramolegenda View Post
    umm, yes if they caught rogues on open, without stealth. when that hunter and priest (and almost every other class) goes trough mid of bg (lets say wsg) semi decent rogue with heirlooms will kill them in low lvl bg before they know whats going on. ambushes at low level are way too strong for any class to survive initial attack especially if rogue knows what to do. rogues are only class that i'm aware of that they have all pvp tools they need before level 30. with good gear they just kill everything. ofc, if you get them outside of stealth they are in trouble somewhat. on my warrior killed lots of them when i had chance to charge. if they open on me, i'm as good as gone.
    Of course it depends what level we are actually talking about, the poster I was responding to just said low level and so did I, however say 20-40 and my statement definetly applies and no you do not get one shot by ambush unless you're naked as a priest the bubble will save while you DoT, a hunter can often spot the rouge even before he gets to ambushed and if not he can scatter and/or disengage and there is absolutley nothing that rogue can do to survive against either. Rogues do get progressivly stronger though as they level up and gain more tricks.
    Last edited by mmoc7104c19b7e; 2011-11-14 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manekk View Post
    Of course it depends what level we are actually talking about, the poster I was responding to just said low level and so did I, however say 20-40 and my statement definetly applies and no you do not get one shot by ambush unless you're naked as a priest the bubble will save while you DoT, a hunter can often spot the rouge even before he gets to ambushed and if not he can scatter and/or disengage and there is absolutley nothing that rogue can do to survive against either. Rogues do get progressivly stronger though as they level up and gain more tricks.
    The rogues i meet in lowlev oneshot me despite me having heirlooms and blue gear, if they are really up to it with all gadgets from ingi etc. they do that up to lev 70. That's not me qqing (i couldn't care less about lowlevbalancing), that was proven to me by a friend - yep i sat next to him while he demonstrated it in AV.

OT: I think the term isn't as overused as you put it, there are severall classes that require a lot less effort for the same outcome than others, that is imbalance imho. And as long as there is no near-perfect balance, the term will be used, and in my opinion that is totally ok.