Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wait.. PvP at lv1?? what news did i miss?

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachroxs View Post
    wait.. PvP at lv1?? what news did i miss?
    Are you in the right forum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Homies View Post
    i like you.
    Personally I enjoy pvp, but I'm willing to bet pvp leveling wont be nearly as fast as questing. I'm willing to bet im not the only pvper who feels this way
    Well... you only level in WvWvW pvp, if you're doing the structured pvp everyone will be the same level, have same armor (per prof), and have all skills unlocked.

But ya i think that you -can- level through pvp alone, but you wont level as fast as questing because you really don't -need- to level all that much for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Are you in the right forum?
    Nope lmao my bad did not even pay attention

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    Whats wrong with people with no experience going into open pvp?
    If they go into WvWvW weather or not they are there wont disadvantage or ruin any one elses experience
    Its the persons choice weather or not to jump straight into pvp
    some people dont play a game to be immersed they do it to be competitive or just have some fun.
    Alot of people who i know don't care for RP or lore so why should they HAVE to wade through it?
    If you like PvE you shouldn't be complaining that you have to wade through the levels, the way i see it they was GW2 is played you just play the game doing what you want and leveling up is just a welcomed side effect, kind of the same way i feel when playing skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by vilhelm1992 View Post
    Whats wrong with people with no experience going into open pvp?
    If they go into WvWvW weather or not they are there wont disadvantage or ruin any one elses experience
    Its the persons choice weather or not to jump straight into pvp
    some people dont play a game to be immersed they do it to be competitive or just have some fun.
    Alot of people who i know don't care for RP or lore so why should they HAVE to wade through it?
    If you like PvE you shouldn't be complaining that you have to wade through the levels, the way i see it they was GW2 is played you just play the game doing what you want and leveling up is just a welcomed side effect, kind of the same way i feel when playing skyrim
    This is the reason why they did it, player>gear

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why this is such a big deal. So what? You're able to PvP at level 1. What's the beef about? Sounds like people are getting so antsy for the game to come out that discussions over menial topics arise more often.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    To me this breaks the immersion of your character in the world. When you go through the PvE side of things, it makes sense that your get more skills, gear etc as you level. Every time you log in, and everything you do is a continuation of this slow and steady progress. You character is and has exactly what you earn through the choices you make in the world.

When you can instead create a character and instantly have every ability, the best gear etc. and travel straight to endgame pvp, it cheapens the value of the world you play in, it makes it irrelevant. It no longer feels like "your character" that you traveled with through many adventures, but rather just some generic toon created by the computer that you happen to play.

This also seems bad for the PvP gameplay itself, as you will have players running around who have zero experience playing their profession.
    If you want to give players all the same gear to make it a level playing field then OK, but IMO make them wait until level 80 to get that. Have them go through the world, learn how to play their profession, develop a connection with their character, with the reward of a great PvP experience waiting for them at the end.
    No. You have the choice to join that pvp early on or just stick to pve until 80. This isn't WoW where you have to grind first THEN have fun. GW1 used the same system and it's awesome. Only difference was that you could create a completely different character but it was labeled a pvp char that didn't have access to any of the pve world just pvp grounds. Took 20 seconds to make one and you had access to max armor and weapons etc. The way they're doing it in GW2 just makes this a faster and easier process that you can do with your pve character. Nothing bad about it.

I swear mmo's have corrupted people to actually enjoy the long grinds little reward mentality that most companies offer in their games. ANet does not and will not make you grind to have fun, thank sithis.
    Last edited by Bartuc the Bloody; 2011-11-17 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally never get the whole breaking immersion argument, only time I get truly immersed in a game is where I'm fighting to the death and the battle feels like a desperate struggle like in shinobi or ninja gaiden. mmos don't offer that for me, but I'm hoping guild wars 2 will offer that, definitely gonna meddle in WvWvW not all the way to 80 though I like variety and doing the same thing too often bores me so I'm doing everything.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

What's the point? You have like 2 spells and no gear. PvE players can't do dungeons until 15, but you can PvP at 10. You can already PvP before PvErs can PvE. Questing is part of RPGs regardless of whats going on so why should it be changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    What's the point? You have like 2 spells and no gear. PvE players can't do dungeons until 15, but you can PvP at 10. You can already PvP before PvErs can PvE. Questing is part of RPGs regardless of whats going on so why should it be changed?
    Wrong forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    You are quite misinformed. I suggest you research more on GW2 structured pvp because I'm too lazy to search up the sources right now however I will throw you a quote.

Structured PvP provides an even playing field, where players are temporary given the maximum level (if not attained already) and unlocked all skills and traits. Certain skills and traits have changed functionalities and descriptions, and some are even disabled and can’t be used. Presumably, access to an equipment customization screen is granted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Wrong forum?
    Makes more sense now that I think about it lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm seriously thinking they're doing it on purpose its been happening all over the place like seriously.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I'm seriously thinking they're doing it on purpose its been happening all over the place like seriously.
    lol that or GW2 is taking over the top forum topics on this wow site xD!!
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol that or GW2 is taking over the top forum topics on this wow site xD!!
    just wait for beta to begin. that will only get worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    just wait for beta to begin. that will only get worse
    lol omg i know... i'd laugh if GW2 ends up taking over mmo-champ xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see the hype take enormous levels with people like TB being very excited about it
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing it's called MMO-champion and not WoW-champion. Might actually not be a bad idea, if Boubouille ends up liking Guild Wars 2 as well.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind if MMO-Champ became actually "mmo" champ and not "wow" champ. So far only the MMO report weekly goes towards that since every other news on the news page is about WoW.
    Would be fun if they had news lookers for more big MMOs. With the option to filter games you have no intrest in. Ah, wishful thinking.

Also, SKyrim and Skyward Sword are great distractions from the "I want GW2 NAOW!" annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I wouldn't mind if MMO-Champ became actually "mmo" champ and not "wow" champ. So far only the MMO report weekly goes towards that since every other news on the news page is about WoW.
    Would be fun if they had news lookers for more big MMOs. With the option to filter games you have no intrest in. Ah, wishful thinking.

Also, SKyrim and Skyward Sword are great distractions from the "I want GW2 NAOW!" annoyance.
    Hail Sithis. I don't really care if Mmochamp acknowledges GW2 because guildwarsguru has always been the go-to site for either game and it will definitely be the most popular.