New pet assist function and silencing your target

Hey everyone!

So I'm returning to my lock. And I have found that in 3v3, when I'm switching targets a lot and dotting around, my felhunter will take a few seconds to switch to the target I'm attacking because of the new assist function. Which is fine and all, really, I'm cool with that.

My problem is this though: say if I'm tab dotting, and I tab to their healer, who is about to die, and starts to cast a heal. I try to silence him with my felhunter silence macro (bound to mousewheel up) but because I've only been casting on him for 2 seconds, my felhunter silences the rogue that I was attacking 2 seconds earlier, effectively saving the priest's life and wasting my silence CD.

So, any way to fix that?

Change your macro to cast Spell Lock on YOUR target, not your pet's.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Inshabel said to be honest. Also practice playing with your pet on passive. This way you have full control of your pet, who it attacks for extra damage, keeping the healer in combat while nuking a DPS etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Mages are balanced. It's just that they aren't balanced for Azeroth.

Hmm, I have so many keybinds already though.

What about adding in /petattack to my UA, corruption, curses, etc.? That would pretty much ensure that my pet is on my target.

Quote Originally Posted by fabiojuanton View Post
    Hmm, I have so many keybinds already though.

What about adding in /petattack to my UA, corruption, curses, etc.? That would pretty much ensure that my pet is on my target.
    You could be lazy and do that. But if you want to maximize potential, make the keybinds. It's not a huuuuge deal but it could be game changing on certain occasions. I.E. Keeping your pet in range of Silence target, keeping someone in combat, keeping him away from death while you're still dpsing, etc, etc.

Also, odds are you are silencing heals or certain CCs that aren't coming from your target. Get that shit on focus casts!

Wouldn't adding a /petattack line before /cast spell lock switch him to your current target and spell lock it?

Quote Originally Posted by nerdzrool View Post
    Wouldn't adding a /petattack line before /cast spell lock switch him to your current target and spell lock it?
    Hmmm... Could anyone confirm that? Would the felhunter switch targets that fast and silence it in a macro command?