10+ Year Old Account

Jacksons Doctor admits mistakes!

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/837...f-in-interview

Conrad Murray, the doctor convicted of Michael Jackson's manslaughter, admitted in a television interview that he made mistakes on the day of the pop icon's death but denied criminal culpability.

Murray recalled how he went into the room next to Jackson's bedroom to make telephone calls while the star lay dying - and justified not telling police about having given him propofol, as "I did not think it was important."

The doctor's previously unheard comments were made to British journalist Steve Hewlett and aired in the UK immediately before the showing of a controversial documentary charting the singer's demise.

Murray, 58, claimed Jackson had requested "milk" - his slang term for propofol - at 10:40am on June 25, 2009, to help him sleep after a restless night.

In accounting for the one hour and 40 minutes between administering the drug and emergency services being called, Murray said he had sat with Jackson, checking his vital signs until he believed the effects had worn off, before moving to the adjacent room at 11:20am.

"If you say: 'Dr Murray, that was really stupid, you should have had a look,' then I agree," the doctor said.

Murray did not inform police that Jackson had taken the drug because "they never asked me" and "I did not think it was important."

The doctor also accepted he had made a mistake in not keeping medical notes on Jackson, but argued this failure "was not responsible for his death".

Murray said he had been trying to wean Jackson off the drug - an anaesthetic the singer had been taking to treat insomnia since before they met.

Jackson was so hooked on the intravenously administered drug that his veins were "like spiders webs," explained Murray.

"I said to Michael: 'the only time I have seen that type of venous appearance was in people like drug abusers'," he recalled.

Murray angrily rejected suggestions he had become more drug supplier than doctor, saying: "I am in no way anything you just mentioned."

According to media reports, Murray was being paid $US150,000 a month as Jackson's doctor, but claimed he has "yet to receive one dime of it."

The interview took place eight weeks before a Los Angeles jury found him guilty of involuntary manslaughter, around the time he announced he would not testify in court. He is due to be sentenced later this month.

The managers of Jackson's estate on Wednesday condemned as "reprehensible" the documentary The Man Who Killed Michael Jackson, shown in Britain immediately after the interview was broadcast.

Jackson's executors demanded US broadcaster MSNBC withdraw plans to screen the program - along with an interview in which Murray quotes Jackson's last words in 2009 as "begging" for propofol.
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that this guy was prosecuted at all in criminal in itself. Civil suit for Wrongful Death and Negligence? Yes. Lose his license? Yes. Jail? Heck no.

As an attorney, I am outraged.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post
    The fact that this guy was prosecuted at all in criminal in itself. Civil suit for Wrongful Death and Negligence? Yes. Lose his license? Yes. Jail? Heck no.

If you're sufficiently close to a person that is sufficiently famous and/or popular, and they croak, you're going down with them no matter what. The concept of "justice" in this country where it relates to the most famous and talked about celebrities is a joke.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Traejun View Post

There is negligence and then there is criminal negligence. He was being given a general anesthetic as a sleep aid. That is ridiculous. The only reason he was giving that is because he was afraid of being fired and not getting paid the ridiculous sum of money only a person such as Jackson could have provided. I bet you if he was working at a hospital or clinic he would never prescribe such a drug for such use.

It is obvious that if this happened to somebody else, things might not have gone so far.

However, that does not mean the doctor was right. To be honest, it is malpractice through and through. A bit out of proportion, but not unfair at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    I think that if the Doc would walk, some crazy Jackson fan would probably have killed him outside the courthouse.
    I think having to go to jail probably saved his life (presuming his new roommate isn't an MJ fan)

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    I don't think the poor guy should go to jail for this. I mean honestly the dude was an addict, and a very rich one at that. You try keeping him from his habit.