Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to begrudge any one class; I tend to be more focus on the person (attitude) behind the character. If the person's giving an honest effort and under-performing DPS, and if i know the class they're playing well enough to help them, I'll try. If I don't, I won't just bash em offhandedly. I save the free-swinging mallet for ninja-pulls and "oh look I'm Mr Comedy over here insulting everyone!"

I have experienced a lot of bias playing my DK, though I admit mostly from Wrath when everyone and his brother wanted to jump on the "oh look new shiny!" bandwagon. It left a bad impression of the class in a lot of people's minds regarding the class, simply because they ran into a person who spent more time trying to face-roll and die than learning the proper mechanics and wearing strength plate. (I remember facepalming like a madman seeing DKs clad in armor stat weighted for a Holy Pally (Int-based Plate) instead of wearing the Strength plate they should have been. Oh and the myths surrounding spell pen in anything other than PVP... I wanted to slash my wrist. I took the time to learn my class, get the rotations/glyphs/stat-based gear and fight knowledge. Sadly, many didn't.. and it leaves a blanket bad-taste for DKs. (Shameful too, given there are more good DKs than most give credit for there being...)

#FlightIsImportant

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    No idea, but they are very easy to play, and also can do all 3 roles, whilst wearing the most powerful armour type (traditionally) of fantasy classes.
    A lot of young 'uns would rather play a heroic magic using warrior in full plate armour with a two hander, than a man wearing a dress wiggling his fingers. No real reason for it, but when I have spoken to people why they play Paladin, its usually an answer similar to that I suppose.

A lot of the players though are bad with DKs because you don't get the learning time with them, and also at lower levels they are stonkingly powerful, with only a couple of abilities needed. Also, with the other classes, you get 55 extra levels with minimal abilities to try them out. As a DK, you get given loads, and not everyone will touch many of them, relying on just a couple of buttons, thereby never even thinking about rotations etc (eg I can spam HS x2 PS x2, mob is dead, why bother using anything else?).
    Its just a thought, and Ret Paladins are so random at the monment, I have only seen a few of players able to perform with it, the remainder are usually garbage sadly :S
    Leveling up doesn't teach you anything about your end game rotation, so that excuse with dk's is just off. The reason why most dk's are bad is because a lot of bads roll them, and get carried through by mechanics up to the end game. They get to the end game then not knowing anything, and only reached it because it was easy for them. If they had any patience or desire into learning how to play their class effectively then it would be irrelevant what class they played.

I also resent the "younger kids like to play the large sword wielding brute" comment. Even when I was very young I had preferred characters that utilized magic or primarily support roles, as did a few of my other friends, although they leaned away from support roles and just focused on the damage aspects. People who enjoy playing a gigantic sword wielding brute, always do deep down, that never changes. Those of us who enjoy wearing robes and bending the laws of space and time to fit within our creative schemes never grow out of that.

depends what do you play, cause what ever it is ill make sure im prejudice towards it

DK tanks can be incredible, some of the best I've seen self-heal well over 50% of their own damage taken in random zandalari's and.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as they used to say Hunters were the tards but even in those days prejudice is bad not every1 of that class is bad.
    Yesterday Zg run on my paladin tank (newly dinged 350 ILV equipped) as soon as i enter 2 dps complain about my gear starting to call me a tard and how i should not queue for Za/Zg with my current gear somehow people need tanks in full 378 gear... Anyway we didnt get a single wipe in the run so prejudice = bad
    Retired

Deleted
    Actually, when i queue up on my mage i dread for the DK tank, retribution paladin, the holy paladin and the dps warrior.
    The plate effect that takes over young people is horrible. I've seen holy paladins in full ret gear saying "wtf this IS healing gear" and i've had fury warriors using holy plate because it had stamina.

Plate classes. I don't like them.

i rarely see good arcane mages, even mages from the more decent guilds on my server are really terrible.
    So when i see a mage, i go, sigh, long run
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

As a ret pally (who doesn't suck), since I very much dislike tanking 5-mans, I always queue as ret. As a result, I never am in a group with other rets, so I can't speak to any others, but I really have to ask, can they really in general, NOT CC, attack the tank's target, and pull good DPS? On bosses, say ZA for example, with the exception of the Dragonhawk boss, I'm always top in the meters unless I'm grouped with DPS in heroic firelands gear.

As far as the prejudice, I still think "huntard" until I see otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see that the DKs still get the hate that Rogues and Hunters had in TBC and Vanilla.
    But it's OK, hopefully Monks'll take the heat off us in the upcoming expansion.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

It's not just in LFD tool either...

There's this douchebag at work that no one likes right, and I just found out he plays wow, so I asked him the usual what server / faction / class / spec do you play and when I heard him say ALLIANCE RET PALLY I was like ..... well that explains a helluva lot.

^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    When LFD tool finally picks me and i get in heroic ZA/ZG, first I look what classes im with. And when I see ret pally or dk tank, I assume they are either bad or pvp geared and bad (before even looking at gear).
    All other classes generally speaking are fine, some ppl dont do stellar dps or healing, but they do their job. But pvp geared dk tank is nightmare to heal (esp on big trash pack) and ret pallies either do VERY low dps or stand in fire constantly. And it is so in about 80% of cases. Even huntards (once dispised class) are doing fine...
    So, do any of you have similar thoughts about other player classes which you would better not play with?
    Also, why are ret pallies so atractive to bad players?
    because they were very easy to play in wrath and no one can resist storm of glittersparkes.

those of us who still play ret and will always play ret are actually very good given that we are playing a class thats is relativity broken at the moment. i typically do two to three times the dps of anyone else in randoms when i'm forced to run them and lead across the board on interupts and ccs.

mages. 90% of mages i meet are fucking awful, dont know where either their sheep or cs button is and do shitty dps even when standing stock still spaming arcane blast.

and i generally groan when ever i see paladin tanks as well. i've never understood how people could not understand how to play what is possibly the simplest tanking class in the game.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Deleted
    Maybe the fact that you typically associate these classes with bad players makes it stand out more. You remember the bad players of those classes, and it's not significant to you when you actually see someone playing that class well, so the association doesn't change.

Deleted
    I don't have any prejudices when I see the group composition. The first mob in ZG is a nice dps indicator for the rest of the dungeon, and obviously the lowest dps isn't the same class every time, but it varies. Sadly I have seen plenty of Hunters with spellpower trinket, healers with dps gear and oh.. the horror.

I've noticed a lot of people seem to dislike DKs for no reason, every class has its idiots, I doubt any one class has significantly more than another.

I generally don't care about someones class but as a Healer I tend to cringe when I get a DK or Druid Tank, they seem flimsy to me... so nothing against the player but just how the class copes with Tanking.

Only time I get judgemental is when someone is pulling terrible DPS.
    For the Horde!

Deleted
    I was a death knight tank in the whole of 80 and I can say with confidence:

Most Death Knights are mediocre.

The reason for this is twofold:
    - Easy to level after 55. (This was more important before the nerf of Levelling in Cata. but even now it's a factor) hence it collects impatient people.
    - Most little kids will see a 'wow factor' in the "bad-ass" looks of Death Knights.

Seriously, imagine a kid first seeing wow. What do you think he's going to pick? The bad-ass death knight or a dress wearing paladin?

Quote Originally Posted by Affectionate View Post
    blood elf males, of any class, all aboard the fail train
    Alliance does have some perks sometimes.

Deleted
    As a healer i have developed a strong dislike for dk tanks. Many i had to run with are either badly geared or wrongly or dont use their abilities to fullest.
    Pain to heal on trash packs, especially in Deadmines or ZA. Like they are wearing cardboard not plate armor.
    Of course i heal em through but usually it requires healing like crazy, even on quite well geared DKs. OTH good DK is godlike, but good DKs are rare to come by in LFDs.
    No wonder healer vote "which tank is the worst to heal" poll thread ended with just about everyone saying it's DKs.

As for druid tanks - one got full pvp geared bear in ZA. I cringed but thought "ok, lets see how it goes"
    No problems whatsoever.

Deleted
    It's funny how you whine about bad skilled or bad/pvp geared people in LFD. I could tell that to your PvE heroes/dragon killers/whatever, who join bg's in pve gear/witho no idea what they are doing there. So, stop whining and don't take this type of game (LFD, randomBG) seriously. This modes are for people that want to train in PvE or PvP and get geared to join raiding guild/pvp guild/rbg group in future.

Deleted
    One should be very careful in excluding completely death knights from their roster though. e.g. yes, 90% of death knight tanks are mediocre, but if you find 1 good tank you have extreme advantages. e.g. I'm pretty sure they are the best tank in Lord Rhyolith (if they know how to play), mainly due to Death and Decay [due to being a ranged utility] and diseases [that spread like ..diseases].

Deleted
    Depends, when healing with my resto shammy I don't really care about other classes or prejudice (it's usually the resto shammy who's bad...). However, when leveling alts (mostly as healer or tank) in the LFD I find that mostly retri palas, huntards and later on DK's are the most annoying classes/players. I get surprised that the pattern is so obvious in low level dungeons. Yeah, dps warriors often think that they are immortal too.