Pros/Cons of Engineering for [Tanks]

Hello, I was wonder what are people's thoughts of this.

Currently I have Mining / Enchanting , but i was thinking of getting rid of Mining since I never mine anyways and Engineering looks like it has a few nice Enchants on belt / gloves.

with addition to other fun gadgets ofcourse :P
    Last edited by Gamez; 2011-11-11 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    Hello, I was wonder what are people's thoughts of this.

Currently I have Mining / Enchanting , but i was thinking of getting rid of Mining since I never mine anyways and Engineering looks like it has a few nice Enchants on belt / gloves.

with addition to other fun gadgets ofcourse :P
    Depends if you want static or non-static. The benefits of engineering for tanks tend to be an additional "cooldown" that doesn't stack with on-use trinkets. It's nice to have for burst situations, but often is largely inferior to another profession (Say...Leatherworking). The rocket boost belt enchant is also a nice burst of "I have to be there, now!" type thing, but can fail. Tanks tend to prefer reliability, especially when it can potentially kill you.

Fun proffession, but I miss the wotlk version of it.

If your rocket belt (boots in wrath) fails, you are hit with

Rocket Fuel Leak
    Deals 10% of your maximum health in Fire damage every sec for 8 seconds.

So in other words, 80% of your HP.

Not something you want as a tank, losing 80% of your HP, last time tanks lost that much HP in that amount of time (or less) was in Old Kingdom.

Shadow Blast
    900 Mana 40 yd range
    6 sec cast
    Hurls a bolt of dark magic at an enemy, inflicting Shadow damage equal to 80% of the target's maximum health.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

The belt tinkers are all really nice but, as stated above, they have huge drawbacks. You shouldn't use them in clutch situations unless you have a contingency plan.

For example, with my Paladin, I've got a Bubble/Cancel macro set up for my boots fail or when my shield stuns me. Death Knight might (not 100% sure) be able to counter the rocket failure with AMS and the stun by macroing Icebound and Shield together.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cons. That absorb on belt is not fun while malfunctioning right before Beth sends a meteor on the tank. Thank god for life grip.

Deleted
    pro's non really

con's everything that back fires.

as a tank you most often prefer stactic avoidance/stamina. and on cd stuff is nice too lower burst, but you got your own cd's/trinkets for that.