Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
    I'm in the 1400 range at the moment without shard or any mana talents, yet I never have mana issues. I would definitely recommend going low spirit with shard. No brainer for me.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if my stat priorities change when DS hits. New content and all...
    Thing is that youre doing normal modes. You can heal normal modes in 350-355 average gear without any issues now (I just did it on my hpally). When youre in full BiS normal gear, youre not going to need *any* spirit for normal modes lol.

As for OP's question - can't really comment much with shard, but seeing as we're on the topic here, I am interested in how druids *without* the shard are doing in heroic firelands currently. I'm running with 2x 391 (domo/alys) trinkets atm, with around 2.7K spirit in our 25 man heroic alt run (not touching rag on alts) - I don't particularly have mana issues on anything but Rhyolith (usually bleed myself dry so I have to drink a mana potion for tranq during P2), and Beth'tilac if the second phase starts dragging out.

Seeing this, I'm interested in what other people seems to make work, spirit-wise, without the shard. I've considered dropping spirit, but it seems like it would hurt us when we are doing Beth/Rhyolith, as I'd run OOM even sooner on those. Admittedly, I usually don't use lifebloom covering during ToL at all, and I should probably look into how that works (1 lifebloom on each person, or stack them?) to regen some mana, I guess.

Deleted
    With the gear you have, you should be fine with 1000 spirit or so. I have slightly worse gear (normal Ko'gun but heroic head) and without SoW I'm raiding with 1100 spirit or so. 0 regen talents.

Deleted
    I'm sitting as low as I can get with my gear, which is 1269, and it still seems plenty enough. Talented to 2/3 MG and 3/3 Genesis.

I've got the answers I want except one, is it better to go down to 1300 spirit with moonglow or around 1900 without any mana talents?
    There really aren't that many useful talents outside of Genesis. Looking at the talent point values from theincbear's calculator, you'd be best going 3/3 Living seed which is still worth only as much as one point in NB:

Blessing of the Grove: 0.18947395801971106
    Living Seed: 0.3
    Natures Bounty: 0.9405405405405406

So I would definately not go for those, but yeah, go check out what you get from them, maybe you'll get better results.

http://theincbear.com/living-seed-replacement
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-11-12 at 09:46 AM.

I don't even have the shard and run with 1500 spirit. I think even that is too much as I'm ending fights with over 35% mana, but there's just nothing else I can reforge off. Jernal on area 52 us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsmack241 View Post
    I don't even have the shard and run with 1500 spirit. I think even that is too much as I'm ending fights with over 35% mana, but there's just nothing else I can reforge off. Jernal on area 52 us.
    Well, there are mainly the first 2 phases on rag hc you could have any mana problems, every other fight in firelands is a joke healingwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    You've killed heroic Rag, so you should know where you stand on mana. I have reforged most of my spi down, with Woe and HJaws, a little better gear than you, but clear HM25FL with little mana issues. As a 10 man raider, you should be having less of an issue depending on who you heal with.

Trying to get your regen up to where you can blanket RJ on everyone constantly in 10s is pretty pointless unless your other healer is terrible or your raid is terrible (stand in fire). All that spi is making your heals do less, but you can throw more out. You raid shouldn't be taking enough dmg any fight to make that more throughput for mana as reforging out of spi as much as possible. It's even easier for us because most of our talents are shit.

So, tl;dr:

You want this: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#0hfZZMfzudcru0uo

You want to try and change all your spi to something else.
    If you can and go full throughput(extra 2 points into LS) do it.
    If you can't, you have a few options:
    Go 2/3 MG(out of LS)
    Need more: Drop 1/3 Gen for 3/3 MG
    More after that: Drop rest of Gen into Furor OR reforge out of/back into spi/crit

Plug your numbers into Hamlets calculator and test both ways since which is better is based on how you personally heal.