[Holy] Just keep on getting more haste?

I have levelled this pala with RaF, and I must say that pala healing is very enjoyable and definitely my favourite healing class, yay!

I do have a question though, which is pretty obvious if you read the thread title: Should I keep on getting haste, as in reforge and use Reckless gems, or should I start going for another stat?

I've always liked haste, and I have quite a bit of it already. I have only 9, 1% mastery, and sure, while mastery is nice, I feel I need shitloads of it to actually work very well. Crit is sweet - who doesn't like seeing 60/70k Divine Lights - but is this something to aim for? It just appears to be too random for my liking.

At the moment I'm in a 10m guild, so what the most preferable stat for such a raiding environment, apart from haste? I do feel my combat regen (2495) is somewhat low too, but hopefully it'll improve next reset when I can get my legs for the first set bonus.

Last thing: who are the people who solo heal on the Ragnaros fight? o_O I had some attempts on him and we were three healers (experienced and well-geared resto druid, disc priest (off-spec) and me) yet it was very stressful. On the other bosses we were also three, just a resto druid in place of the disc priest which made me happy as we were three to heal all that incoming damage and not two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    Haste soft cap is 1859.4 or was it 6 but go for 1860 atleast. Just use 2x reckles gems for meta then pure int unless +20int bonus/socket. And for 10man haste is good but its like int> spirit > haste > mastery/crit. You are doing everything ok atm just change those couple extra reckles gems to pure int. your major glyphs are wied. remove LoD and Cleansing glyphs and use like Divine protection and divinity glyphs instead. Rag is easy to heal with 2 healers you just have to time your mana cd correctly. Like times where ppl take less dmg (like ph2 start, ph3 start and so on) Oh well if ppl keep failing the dmg is high but that is then there problem not yours

It's not a soft haste cap; it's a haste tick threshold where you get a 14th tick of Holy Radiance. In 4.2, you generally should just keep stacking INT>spirit>haste>mastery/crit. That prioritization may change in 4.3 depending on how much you are raid healing versus tank healing, but for now, just keep stacking spirit/haste.

I think that it's generally highly geared resto druids that are solo healing regular 10 man Rag. Paladins probably do not have the AoE throughput in 4.2 to get through 2 seeds phases. We can get through one with GoTAK, but druids can tree form through the first seeds and Tranq through the second.

Thanks Yay, haste! Changed some major glyphs too, but decided to keep three reckless gems for the socket bonuses (30 spirit on the helm and 20 int on chest/legs).

And those druids.. :O They're incredible. But paladins are much more fun!

Glad to hear you like holy paladin's playstyle so much .

As far as the haste question, the other posters have it right. When you have the gear to do it without suffering the loss of intellect and keeping enough spirit, you should go for the 1860 soft cap, After that, its still good, but not as much of a big throughput increase.

For rag specifically, you may try just 2 healing with the druid and you, assuming the priest's main spec is shadow. It's actually easier to heal later in the fight with more dps since you can have fewer seed detonates in P2 and maybe fewer traps in P1. Also, it seems like you guys have just started progressing on Rag, so people are probably taking some avoidable damage, tanks may not be swapping efficiently and other things that make healing more difficult. Once your group gets used to it, the healing is pretty easy, especially after P1.

How can one not like the paladin's playstyle?

I guess it's all about adopting to the fight(s), then, at least for me. I haven't been in this guild for a long time, not even one week, actually, but I do think most of the people have killed Ragnaros at least once. Except for me (best try was 22 % or something). We'll see how it goes on Sunday, as there's only one main raid during the week.

To be exact just keep on getting more spirit, then haste Sounds like you aren't quite full with heroic gear so I wouldn't worry about soft caps and whatnot. Spirit will keep to be our best stat and same with haste for second best spot.
    As I mentioned in a couple of posts all around I have a feeling that in next patch we might hit an amount of haste where we'll say "I just don't have enough regen to get more" and then we might need to dip into mastery (or crit, if that's one's desire), but that's just speculation from my part.

For single-healing Rag, the answer is probably some combination of the following:
    - they are experienced/skilled/geared healers
    - their raid consists of experienced/skilled players who know how to minimize damage taken (Charlie don't surf!)
    - their tactic and/or setup builds around making sure the single healer can manage, bringing enough defensive or raidcooldowns to lower the damage taken
    - their tanks are very well geared (relative to the fight) and/or skilled who don't take as much damage as somebody who just finished BwD
    It's not as hard once you reach a certain gearlevel and get to know the fight. Normal Ragnaros has very strict times for when damage will come, for most of those you'll have timers by your bossmod, and you can plan using personal or raid cooldowns for each. And even heroic has to be planned similarly if you want to defeat it.
    Wish you luck with it!

Thank you I just hope holy paladins won't change too much in 4.3 now that I feel I've gotten used to it. All I know is that Holy Radiance will change a little bit? More Firelands today, yay

Deleted
    Try reforging your haste.