Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I was wondering about that. Isn't Aion by NCsoft as well? I do remember people who spoke against Aion that one of the reasons why they do not have high hopes is the involvement of NCsoft who had (allegedly) a history of churning out game after game, but not really caring for them.

Hearsay, I know, but maybe you guys have something more to add?
    Guild Wars has updates at least twice a week. Just because the NCSoft logo is on the box does not make GW a shitty game, nor will it negatively affect GW2, in my opinion. Aion was a total bomb. I played the trial and said screw it, but for me and the others who still actively play GW1, a very outdated game (which still has better graphics than WoW, lol???) you can bet that if they churn out updates and downloadable content you can bet that regardless of NCsoft being part of the picture GW2 will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    It's important to not forget that 5 years is the standard development time for MMOs. Not only that, ANet is changing our entire perception of the genre in the same amount of time it takes everyone else to make a WoW clone with 1 new feature tacked on.
    Oh yeah, and that. :]

---------- Post added 2011-11-14 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    snip
    I was in the beta. And I have an account with 50/50 HoM and obby armor and a 2nd on the way (33/50 almost to obby). I have been playing this game longer than I've been playing WoW and I continue to support it way more than I've ever supported WoW. Please don't try to start shit and accuse me of crap like that, also I don't think you read that second part correctly. I know it's a game changer and I freakin hate WoW. But I also know it won't be a WoW, so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Meh, i did too, but LoL is pretty meh to me... GW1 on the other hand is keeping me very very occupied in my free time =D!!
    It will do for now. I just hope to hear sbout the last profession soon. I cannot wait for this game!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalla View Post
    It will do for now. I just hope to hear sbout the last profession soon. I cannot wait for this game!!
    i can wait, but i really want to know what the last prof is!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

15+ Year Old Account
    I played TOR this weekend and quite honestly, between WoW and TOR I'll be set for a long time.

I don't plan to go anywhere from WoW, and I think TOR will have enough to engage me for a while. GW2 looks good don't get me wrong, there is just the lack of draw to it that I had to WoW and TOR.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Most of the people complaining about having to wait having been waiting long at all.

People that have been waiting 3 years are all "meh delay"
    People that have been waiting 3 months are all "omfg this is fucking bullshit so fucking sick of waiting".
    This.
    10chars
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I played TOR this weekend and quite honestly, between WoW and TOR I'll be set for a long time.

I don't plan to go anywhere from WoW, and I think TOR will have enough to engage me for a while. GW2 looks good don't get me wrong, there is just the lack of draw to it that I had to WoW and TOR.
    That's very interesting.

Why I say that is because generally, WoW and GW2 are linked in terms of the shape of their lore, but I guess you're into TOR because of it's similarities to WoW. I won't hate on your decision because you're very deeply connected to WoW's core design, but eventually won't you get bored of these old mechanics?

TOR to me, just looks like a very very big budget WoW expansion :S.

I haven't been waiting anywhere near as long as most people, but I always get a "God damnit" going through my head when I hear about delays.
    I know why they happen, and I know they're delayed for good reasons, but I want to play their games!

That's just me being greedy though.
    But then again, I've been waiting 11 years for Diablo III, so I guess I can't complain.

Thanks to Elyaan for the great sig!

For the last time, there have been no delays! lol

Maybe it's the really misleading title of this thread, but it's been stated over and over that Arenanet are still following their schedule of having a Closed Beta by the end of the year, the results of which will determine when they do an Open Beta, and the results of that will determine the release date. Closed beta was always likely going to continue into the start of 2012, and all NCSoft did was mention this out loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    For the last time, there have been no delays! lol

Maybe it's the really misleading title of this thread, but it's been stated over and over that Arenanet are still following their schedule of having a Closed Beta by the end of the year, the results of which will determine when they do an Open Beta, and the results of that will determine the release date. Closed beta was always likely going to continue into the start of 2012, and all NCSoft did was mention this out loud.
    Exactly. I think a lot of people are jealous that the ToR kids get to play with their new toys and we don't, and that's manifesting itself into raging over the release date and perceived delays.

As far as losing hype and interest goes, I wouldn't be too concerned. These things tend to pick up as launch nears and they start releasing more videos, beta NDA's are lifted and the media gets more to write about.

For everyone saying it's a good thing they're given the time they need to polish the game - no, delays don't always benefit the game. When game developers are given too much time and money, you end up with disasters like Daikatana or Duke Nukem Forever. There's a fine balance between getting a game out in a timely manner and giving the designers enough creative freedom. Moving too much towards either is always bad.

But hey, it's only a couple of months. It's all good as long as the delays don't start piling up.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all.....the mention of NCSoft made me puke a little. I thought Arenanet was taking care of the beta and handling the game, not ncsoft?

I haven't seen much news recently, or release of the final class, so my guess is Beta won't start till next year. At this rate, the game will probably be released in fall or winter of 2012.

IMO they need to stop taking their time and get things moving, people are losing interest. The best part of MMO's is that even if the game releases with some bugs, which will happen regardless of how polished they get it, it can easily be fixed with content patches or quick bug hotfixes.

They should get the beta up asap so they can get some real feedback, and ship final product by early summer regardless of whatever problems still exist. I'm sure they have the bulk of the game done, and making people wait without providing any new game footage or something to play is just going to hurt them.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't any delay. They haven't given a solid date for them to delay. Nothing has changed. Say that again. Nothing has changed.

Ice your nips people.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    F
    They should get the beta up asap so they can get some real feedback, and ship final product by early summer regardless of whatever problems still exist. I'm sure they have the bulk of the game done, and making people wait without providing any new game footage or something to play is just going to hurt them.
    Yes, because releasing a buggy unfinished game early has worked so well in the past for likes of AoC and WAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Ice your nips people.
    I'm definitely going to start using that phrase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I'm definitely going to start using that phrase.
    I knew I should have copyrighted it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew I should have copyrighted it!
    People would of just torrent'd it anyway.

Deleted
    Ice your nips people.
    I don't get what it means ):

As mentioned before: Anet apply the "Ready when it's ready" philosophy.
    I liked the original game, even with its shortcomings so I'm sure it'll deliver this time round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't bother me at all, I want the game to be out mid 2012, so I can have a new gaming PC ready

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    I don't get what it means ):
    It means calm the fuck down. Chill out. Calm yourself. Cool your tits. Ice your nips.