Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Steam is crap. I wouldn't use it if they gave me the games for free.

I tried installing Half Life 2 again, but It would not let me log into my steam account, I thought maybe they discontinued Half Life on it or something, in any case I see why your upset

I have over 300 game's on Steam, and I have only had a couple of problems as I was getting used to it.

When Steam first started it was crap, just a buggy download client mess that has flourished into one of the (if not THE) biggest game distribution service's around.

Skyrim doesn't state that it requires a constant connection to the net, but it has just been released, so there may be a bug (surprise, suprise). Game's from Ubisoft like assassins creed 2,3 and Settler's 7 state that they require a constant connection.
    However, Steam requires you to have a code sent to your email that you put in for connection from one computer to the next (or ip address to the next as I found with my laptop).

At the end of the day it is not steam's fault, it's down to the publisher of the game, and partly the developer.

If there was not so much piracy, there would be no worry about DRM, but since there is so much piracy they have to impliment it so they still make some money from genuine folk such as us.
    I really don't like DRM, which is partly why I started to use steam.

Online connection for a single player game is pretty ludcrius, and a lot of game's these day's dont require that, but they do need to connect to the net for first time install.
    I find that a bit nasty as some people do not have the net at all, so they miss out on good game's or have to find other ways to play them.

I always like to watch videos on youtube of some other people misfortunes to cheer me up. Maybe give that a go for a few minutes.

I agree that Steam/origin and other services like that are the devil but are a necessary evil in terms of game distribution and updates/hotfixes.

Hopefully it gets better for ya broski.

Grip

Ok, I'm going crazy here... those retard at the local gamestop only ordered TWO - MOTHERFUCKING TWO - copies of Skyrim for PC, so I had to buy from steam. And now I can't find that damn game manual anywhere!
    Where is it supposed to be? It's neither in the steam folder nor in the document folder where it stores the game ini files.
    Can it be that some retard forgot to supply the online version with the manual and didn't even think to make it downloadable from the official site? I can't belive it, it HAS to be on my computer somewhere...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apothysis View Post
    Oh, the lovely rage from people to dumb to fix their problems. Get a grip, man.
    Oh hey Apothysis, I would love to see you fix my problem! Really, you should pull your head out of your ass, man.

Over and over I see people saying the same thing, "It works in offline mode". No it does not, not for me, for whatever reason. Why on earth do people think that saying "this works for me at least" would be helpful in any way? "Steam works fine for me.", ok well that's good for you but why would I care? I'm glad that most of you don't have to deal with this shit (except all of you being assholes of course) but only posting "It's fine, stop complaining" is just unecessary.

Also, I think it's too bad that people cannot handle criticism against some software like Steam. How big of a crybaby do you have to be to not be able to handle my post? If I think something sucks and is bad, I can say so. There are a lot of steam users having problems like me, even if a minority.
    Last edited by mmoc67d00a7923; 2011-11-11 at 11:36 PM.

Closing this, there are too many personal attacks going on and too many circular arguments (i.e. a few people repeating the same things over and over).