Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,315
    not relevant
    Last edited by philefluxx; 2011-11-11 at 10:30 PM.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by terrih91 View Post
    i got an invite from the the normal website in my email today aswell but i dont understand what you mean by this ^. i registered an account with them a few months back to opt in for the beta and i guess the reasons you stated are why i got an inv for the weekend pass. but the part i quoted is what is throwing me off =/
    I think what he is trying to say is that there are multiple sources for the invite coming in the future - if you have a TOR account, your invite will come straight from them. But some people don't have TOR accounts, and they will be able to acquire game codes of some sort from various websites. Don't try to do both, it could screw up your chances for playing.

  3. #23
    Stood in the Fire Nihilim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Anodyne Sea
    Posts
    405
    I

    Am

    So

    Happy
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

  4. #24
    Signed up in March, didn't get an email yet. I guess maybe next week.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    BioWare community team seems to be very good at confusing people with the emails they sent. SWTOR.com had died for me at least and I'd guess that email has a lot to do with it.
    It's pretty clear if you read it - they say an upcoming one, they don't mention it being today or tomorrow, it's pretty clear what they mean.

  6. #26
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    2,392
    Ugh, stress testing is never a fun time. I got my beta fix already, I can wait for Dec 20. Good luck to all of you who'll be playing. Hope it's not too rough of a time for you...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Ugh, stress testing is never a fun time. I got my beta fix already, I can wait for Dec 20. Good luck to all of you who'll be playing. Hope it's not too rough of a time for you...
    I'm really excited about the stress test - they have such a cool instancing concept for heavy traffic worlds/areas, I'm looking forward to see if the design actually works.

  8. #28
    Dreadlord Sentinel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    845
    I only have a few things wrong with THIS test weekend.

    1: I've signed up for the beta invites before beta even started, and now I finally get in, only because they opened it for EVERYONE. This marks 2 for 2 opt-in betas where I never get a personal invite or not even get in at all. This is more of a rant that anything, but it still irritates me how unlucky I seem to be. Especially when the beta is the deciding factor for whether I try the game or not.

    2: Only 2 days to test? I've played a lot of games where the leveling up process is horrid but end-game is good (Think: Rift. I always hear how awesome level 50 is, but I can never get there because of how horrid 1-49 is) I'll probably be so underwhelmed by the time I'm kicked out that I doubt I'll build up any good experiences.

    3: They decide to send this email out at least 8 days (15 days at the latest) before the beta weekend even starts. I was very excited and started looking for ways to download the game now in prep for tomorrow, but then learned that it's not even going to be playable tommorow. A bit of a let down.

    At this point, I'm not even excited to play this game anymore. I may as well see what kind of small experience I can salvage before the time between it releases and the trial version comes out.
    "This one last bullet you mention is my one last shot at redemption, because I know to live you must give your life away."

    Your friendly neighborhood white lion.

  9. #29
    Field Marshal Solfaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    89
    Got it as well...

    Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta

    Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

    Bah, for a second I thought I could game this weekend, but apparently not (since there are no dl links or anything), still good to know I will eventually get to play it even just for some hours/days at some point before release.

  10. #30
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    62
    Got my invite, too

  11. #31
    Keyboard Turner Duhnu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    2
    Got my invite also!!!

  12. #32
    I was registered since the game was announced(think it was back in 2008) and i still haven't got an invite....
    And now their site is down -.-

  13. #33
    Going to be really annoying if these beta invites crash the site while the current beta weekend is going on

  14. #34
    i signed up on the site 2-3 weeks ago and got this weekends invite, when my gm(wow) found out he flipped his shit. Hes been waiting for a beta key for so long, also has had the game pre-ordered since it was available :s
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    Going to be really annoying if these beta invites crash the site while the current beta weekend is going on
    isnt that the whole idea of a stress test?

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashelor View Post
    isnt that the whole idea of a stress test?
    PROTIP: game servers are separate from website servers

  17. #37
    Pit Lord philefluxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Silicon Highway
    Posts
    2,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I only have a few things wrong with THIS test weekend.

    1: I've signed up for the beta invites before beta even started, and now I finally get in, only because they opened it for EVERYONE. This marks 2 for 2 opt-in betas where I never get a personal invite or not even get in at all. This is more of a rant that anything, but it still irritates me how unlucky I seem to be. Especially when the beta is the deciding factor for whether I try the game or not.

    2: Only 2 days to test? I've played a lot of games where the leveling up process is horrid but end-game is good (Think: Rift. I always hear how awesome level 50 is, but I can never get there because of how horrid 1-49 is) I'll probably be so underwhelmed by the time I'm kicked out that I doubt I'll build up any good experiences.

    3: They decide to send this email out at least 8 days (15 days at the latest) before the beta weekend even starts. I was very excited and started looking for ways to download the game now in prep for tomorrow, but then learned that it's not even going to be playable tommorow. A bit of a let down.

    At this point, I'm not even excited to play this game anymore. I may as well see what kind of small experience I can salvage before the time between it releases and the trial version comes out.
    I feel your pain man, but I actually did get in this weekend. But Ive had my SWTOR account since Sept 2009, Ive been opted in for the Beta that long. I preordered 7 hours after the email went out. I was actually one of the last of my guildys to get the invite for this weekend, I had already given up. Just hang in there man, the game will be epic no doubt about it and I will confirm that come Monday.

  18. #38
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,478
    Also got a email, nice

    Lets hope ill be able to try, can download very fast if theyr servz allow me <3
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

  19. #39
    I read the download is like 30gb or something. Still waiting for my email....
    A lot of Muslims are great people. A lot of Christians are great people. a lot of atheists are great people. a lot of Hindu are great people.
    A lot of Muslims are also bad terrible people. A lot of Christians are also bad terrible people. A lot of Hindu are also bad terrible people.
    Religion should not be your deciding point on if someone is a "Good guy" or not, ever.

  20. #40
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coral Springs, Florida
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    I only have a few things wrong with THIS test weekend.

    1: I've signed up for the beta invites before beta even started, and now I finally get in, only because they opened it for EVERYONE. This marks 2 for 2 opt-in betas where I never get a personal invite or not even get in at all. This is more of a rant that anything, but it still irritates me how unlucky I seem to be. Especially when the beta is the deciding factor for whether I try the game or not.

    2: Only 2 days to test? I've played a lot of games where the leveling up process is horrid but end-game is good (Think: Rift. I always hear how awesome level 50 is, but I can never get there because of how horrid 1-49 is) I'll probably be so underwhelmed by the time I'm kicked out that I doubt I'll build up any good experiences.

    3: They decide to send this email out at least 8 days (15 days at the latest) before the beta weekend even starts. I was very excited and started looking for ways to download the game now in prep for tomorrow, but then learned that it's not even going to be playable tommorow. A bit of a let down.

    At this point, I'm not even excited to play this game anymore. I may as well see what kind of small experience I can salvage before the time between it releases and the trial version comes out.
    There's something called a positive attitude.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •