Deleted

Legit Beta testing weekend ?

Got this email from swtor@email.swtor.com

Greetings Karjis,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

May the Force be with you,
    The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Is this legit any1 can confirm ? also got it to 2 my registered emailsD do i get 2 betas. im sorry if this seems stupid im little bit drunk and cant figure out

From what I've heard the e-mail you received is for the big stress test that isn't this weekend. I got the same e-mail, got all excited just like you, then realized they sent this stupid notification over a week ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    Got this email from swtor@email.swtor.com

Greetings Karjis,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

May the Force be with you,
    The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

Is this legit any1 can confirm ? also got it to 2 my registered emailsD do i get 2 betas. im sorry if this seems stupid im little bit drunk and cant figure out
    YES it is legit. BUT and i mean BUT its is for a beta later in the next few weeks. my guess is the turkey day weekend. it is for ALL TOR site members who registered before 11/11/11

get happy dude you will get a taste soon

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 01:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    From what I've heard the e-mail you received is for the big stress test that isn't this weekend. I got the same e-mail, got all excited just like you, then realized they sent this stupid notification over a week ahead of time.
    yea i say in BIG BOLD text bout the invite got REALLY HAPPY then scroll down to bottom and see its for FUTURE test very sad trooper lol

It just seems very unprofessional the way they're doing it. No date for when the test is for? Why even bother with the notification? Seems like it's just a tease to keep interest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    YES it is legit. BUT and i mean BUT its is for a beta later in the next few weeks. my guess is the turkey day weekend. it is for ALL TOR site members who registered before 11/11/11

get happy dude you will get a taste soon

---------- Post added 2011-11-12 at 01:55 AM ----------

yea i say in BIG BOLD text bout the invite got REALLY HAPPY then scroll down to bottom and see its for FUTURE test very sad trooper lol
    I just came all over my keyboard, i think its the weekend next or 2 weeks away. Do u mean that they invited almost 1.5 million people to that stress test, because i find it fucking hard to believe.

Need allmighty Trollsbane to confirm )

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    It just seems very unprofessional the way they're doing it. No date for when the test is for? Why even bother with the notification? Seems like it's just a tease to keep interest.
    I think it's not a tease so much as a full on stress test to see if we can crash the server. I'm up for that challenge, mind you, but waiting until Monday to send the invite might have been a better plan to reduce confusion. Considering everyone was spam-refreshing their inboxes for a few days and then the day the Beta weekend starts everyone gets the email? Bad tact. Still, it's a much needed stress test so that when we dog-pile in we don't explode the servers.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

I put this in the twenty thousand threads everywhere, because no one seems to /search any more:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600760

It IS legit.

It is NOT this weekend.

It is most likely, as stated one million times in thousands of threads: A stress test, to see what the servers can handle. /dingdingding
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Deleted
    Ahhh..that's the exact same mail I got some hours ago that confused the heck out of me. Thanks for clearing that up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    I put this in the twenty thousand threads everywhere, because no one seems to /search any more:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=600760

It IS legit.

It is NOT this weekend.

It is most likely, as stated one million times in thousands of threads: A stress test, to see what the servers can handle. /dingdingding
    Im sorry i just came from bar, and i was so fucking pissed off until i checkd my email and now im literally in heaven
    now just dota2 betakey and my life is perfevct

Quote Originally Posted by Karjis View Post
    I just came all over my keyboard, i think its the weekend next or 2 weeks away. Do u mean that they invited almost 1.5 million people to that stress test, because i find it fucking hard to believe.

Need allmighty Trollsbane to confirm )
    yea its for EVERYBODY i have a theory about it though i doubt it is set up this way.

this FUTURE beta is going to be with EVERYBODY registered guillds included set on LIVE servers, this will work for guilds mostly since they get p,laces first based on server type and location, then after guilds are set they disperse all the other players throughout the server community.

the TEST will be how these servers respond to the MASS login and sharded/instanced starter areas and see if they are up to the pressure. that way they have an idea of what needs to be addressed BEFORE the early access hits.