Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Rematch Between Sateele and Malgus?

    As all of u know, Sateele fought malgus at least 2 times. The first one, in the trailer ''Return'', he proved to be superior in lightsaber combat, but at time hw was a Sith Warrior [equivalent to Jedi Knight ] and she was a padawan. Then the rematch happened at Alderann [ Sateele as a Jedi knight now, and Malgus as a Sith Lord ], where he proved that he still was superior to her, at least in lightsaber combat.
    But now, at the game time, she is the Grand Master of The Jedi Order, and he isnt even in the Dark Concil, so my point is, if they fight again, perhaps this time Sateele would win without anyone helping her? Discuss

  2. #2
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,087
    Lightsaber combat : Malgus > Sateele
    Force : Sateele > Malgus

    republic vs empire
    Consular vs Warrior
    Light vs dark
    good vs evil

    Judging from the movies yea sateele is gonna win as beign the good guy ( or girl in this case )

  3. #3
    He's a Darth now, and he's not on the Dark Council due to his disinterested in politics, and the internal power struggles that go on in the Sith Empire. His driving focus, his goal is to reignite the war and obliterate the Republic from existence, to complete and total victory and to get the Sith's revenge.

    So, as far as Sith go, with a focus that rivals all others before him and even that of Vader, he's one scary bad ass. Especially if you consider that he's set aside the typical power struggles that other Sith are trained to drive for.

    Malgus is the definition of badass.

    Also, Sith warrior is a class, in the video return, he was an apprentice (Sith version of padawan), he just kills his master at the end. So, at each point that they've fought, title wise and training wise they are equals. In combat, Malgus certainly has the martial skills down and Sateele does seem stronger with force powers.

    One final correction, Sateele Shan is a Jedi Consular, specifically a shadow, as seen by her use of a double bladed lightsaber. With that, is certain explains their combat expertise.

    Malgus will win Given that in "Hope" it took 2 to beat him, and he lets his anger power him. Also, he's supposedly killed more jedi masters than any other sith in the previous war, and since Republic doesn't brag about their kills, who knows how many Darth's fell.

  4. #4
    Obviously Republic players will support Satele and Empire players will support Malgus. :P
    A lot of Muslims are great people. A lot of Christians are great people. a lot of atheists are great people. a lot of Hindu are great people.
    A lot of Muslims are also bad terrible people. A lot of Christians are also bad terrible people. A lot of Hindu are also bad terrible people.
    Religion should not be your deciding point on if someone is a "Good guy" or not, ever.

  5. #5
    Given how the Sith operate the odds are more likely that Malgus' apprentice will kill him before Satele gets a chance to face him again.

    Lightning. It flashes bright, then... fades away. It can't protect. It only destroys

  6. #6
    It's hard to tell... Malgus is a pure badass of epic proportions, manhandling anyone he fights 1v1. We haven't really seen Satele's capabilites on her own yet. Only time will tell I suppose.

  7. #7
    I really don't like Sateele, so I really hope Malgus can keep kicking her ass.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    He's a Darth now, and he's not on the Dark Council due to his disinterested in politics, and the internal power struggles that go on in the Sith Empire. His driving focus, his goal is to reignite the war and obliterate the Republic from existence, to complete and total victory and to get the Sith's revenge.

    So, as far as Sith go, with a focus that rivals all others before him and even that of Vader, he's one scary bad ass. Especially if you consider that he's set aside the typical power struggles that other Sith are trained to drive for.

    Malgus is the definition of badass.

    Also, Sith warrior is a class, in the video return, he was an apprentice (Sith version of padawan), he just kills his master at the end. So, at each point that they've fought, title wise and training wise they are equals. In combat, Malgus certainly has the martial skills down and Sateele does seem stronger with force powers.

    One final correction, Sateele Shan is a Jedi Consular, specifically a shadow, as seen by her use of a double bladed lightsaber. With that, is certain explains their combat expertise.

    Malgus will win Given that in "Hope" it took 2 to beat him, and he lets his anger power him. Also, he's supposedly killed more jedi masters than any other sith in the previous war, and since Republic doesn't brag about their kills, who knows how many Darth's fell.
    In the Alderaan trailer, he is a sith lord already, equivalent to jedi master. Sateele is a jedi knight. And in the korriban trailer, if he is an aprentice, it is clear that he was rdy to be 1 sith warrior, so he always so far was 1 step ahead of Sateele.
    Forget the class shit and stuff, i just think that if they would face each other now, i think sateele would win this time. They r as strang as they could possibility be.
    ps: In the alderaan trailer, sateele only defeated him because of the dmg the grenade did to malgus, otherwise i dont think she was powerful enought

  9. #9
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,039
    tbh I think in a pure one on one duel Malgus would win as they stand now, he's nearly killed Sateele twice now, and she's only survived because she's been saved both times by her betters. In a pure one on one fight I think Malgus would end up victorious....

    Sateele is frakkin hot though
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  10. #10
    Heh. I'd be more interested in letting that Trooper have another shot at Malgus. He might not have been quite up to the job, but he put him in a life support system for his troubles. One more go and they'd probably kill each other. Besides, what Jedi is nasty enough to keep coming through lightning with a knife in his hands? That, sir, is dedication.
    "Every time I see that commercial for this movie I laugh."
    "Which one?"
    "The one with the vegetarian bedazzled vampires."

  11. #11
    Stood in the Fire krono957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    449
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    tbh I think in a pure one on one duel Malgus would win as they stand now, he's nearly killed Sateele twice now, and she's only survived because she's been saved both times by her betters. In a pure one on one fight I think Malgus would end up victorious....

    Sateele is frakkin hot though
    beat me to it but agreed, saved once by her master and once by the trooper(he have a name btw?)
    also if anything malgus master was just getting in his wat that fight, i bet malgus coulda taken both of em 2 on 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
    Obviously Republic players will support Satele and Empire players will support Malgus. :P
    I do support the republic, but I do think that Malgus is still Satele's superior. It would make it really boring if a Jedi was better then all sith when the sith's goal is driven toward combat, so they would spend more time honeing their skills. It really means a lot more in the OT when vader is luke's superior (by far), but does not give his all, and gives up in Jedi because he is his father.

  13. #13
    Even though I'm going Republic, I agree that the villian (Malgus) needs to be stronger, thats what makes the story more interesting and thats what gives a challenge to the Republic.
    A lot of Muslims are great people. A lot of Christians are great people. a lot of atheists are great people. a lot of Hindu are great people.
    A lot of Muslims are also bad terrible people. A lot of Christians are also bad terrible people. A lot of Hindu are also bad terrible people.
    Religion should not be your deciding point on if someone is a "Good guy" or not, ever.

  14. #14
    Well from what I can tell, Malgus is not your typical crazy Sith Lord. He is cold and calculating, seems to always have a clever game plan, and rose to power due to sheer will and strength. I really think that he is the stronger here, and honestly he could match up to the strongest the Republic has to offer. I love the role he plays in the quests.

    If I were to say that he has a weakness, it would be the state his body is in. While he may be more powerful now than ever in the force, deep down his body is pretty weathered and beaten. Something going wrong with his respirator, or his body just giving out might be what leads to his end. Until then however, he will continue to kick ass. :P

    (Edit: His cybernetics probably have so much medicine and vitamins and performance enhancers pumping through his body that he could practically be a walking corpse without his life support systems, just like good old Vader).
    Last edited by valden83; 2011-11-13 at 06:28 AM.

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire krono957's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    449
    i have a feeling that before the first or second xpac Malgus will be emporer
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by valden83 View Post
    (Edit: His cybernetics probably have so much medicine and vitamins and performance enhancers pumping through his body that he could practically be a walking corpse without his life support systems, just like good old Vader).

    He removes his respirator at will and even fights Ven Zallow with it knocked askew in the Jedi Temple. He is not like Vader where he is all machine. He is however pure bad ass and seems to have an understanding of the force few can match. He is a firm believer that conflict is the only thing that can bring you to master the force and because of this he is a hate filled killing machine. In Deceived he tears through any Jedi or Sith put in front of him and until somebody puts up a real fight against him then I have to believe that one on one he can take anybody.

    /Firmly in the Malgus fan club

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Balinos View Post
    In the Alderaan trailer, he is a sith lord already, equivalent to jedi master. Sateele is a jedi knight. And in the korriban trailer, if he is an aprentice, it is clear that he was rdy to be 1 sith warrior, so he always so far was 1 step ahead of Sateele.
    Forget the class shit and stuff, i just think that if they would face each other now, i think sateele would win this time. They r as strang as they could possibility be.
    ps: In the alderaan trailer, sateele only defeated him because of the dmg the grenade did to malgus, otherwise i dont think she was powerful enought
    Again, Jedi Knight is a class, not a rank

    Sith warrior is a class not a rank

    You keep saying she's a Jedi Knight, but she isn't, I think you are using the wrong terminology.

    Sateele is obviously a Jedi Consular (Shadow), and Malgus is obviously a Sith Warrior (Juggernaut). In Return, Both Sateele and Malgus have their masters, both die...both die by Malgus' Saber.

    In Hope, Both have obviously learned more, Sateele is no longer a padawan, just as Malgus stopped being an apprentice/alcolyte (in return). Sateele became a Jedi Master, and MAlgus became a Sith lord by Hope.

    SINCE then Sateele has become a Jedi Grand Master, and Malgus has become Darth Malgus.

    From a story perspective, they've always been roughly the same level as far as training and skill. Malgus is more melee, overpowering his enemies with sheer force of will and brute strength. Sateele is more in-tune with the force, and is suppose to be more of a thinker, defeating enemies with the force and her intellect.

    From a story perspective, they are suppose to be of equal levels.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Trollsbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckon View Post
    stuff
    In the game they are classes. In the lore they are ranks. These posters are talking about the latter.

    My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

  19. #19
    deckon I dont know what videos you are watching but in all fights between MAlgus and Sateele, Malgus always had the superior strength in combat, while Sateele was more a force user.

    streaight up duel Malgus will win every...single...time. He uses his force powers to agument his strength and fighting abilities while Sateele uses her force powers as more a weapon so to speak. She will never have the combat skills to be a match for Malgus, she will get in a few good licks and scraps but she needs to fight Malgus more with Force power not saber combat.

    Also YOU have it wrong BTW. please watch all the moviesa again to understand this

    the RANKS of the Jedi and Sith are as follows

    JEDI SITH
    Padawan Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight Sith Warrior
    Jedi Master Sith Darth
    Jedi Grand Master(this is added somewhere within the EU though) Sith Lord
    (my knowledge of Sith ranks is a bit limited so clarification on Sith ranks would be nice)

    now yes while Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors are a "class" in the GAME in the EU and movies that is a RANK

  20. #20
    Brewmaster randomone05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    nowhere important
    Posts
    1,405
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's hard to tell... Malgus is a pure badass of epic proportions, manhandling anyone he fights 1v1. We haven't really seen Satele's capabilites on her own yet. Only time will tell I suppose.
    well, we have seen that she can "absorb" energy for later use, as yoda could do with force lightning. so that could make for an interesting fight.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •