Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    After all the things I've heard about the game up until now (it's all story driven) I'm somewhat glad that there's an NDA, and even though I opted in to the beta early on, I'm not certain that I'll want any spoilers. I think that even if I do play _some_ of the game for one weekend, I'd rather not have all the sites dishing out all the rest of the game before I've experienced it for myself first-hand.

So even though it might be too much to ask, I'd rather the NDA was still enforced right up to launch. I just got Skyrim at the weekend, and really, there's no need for people to divulge all about it before people get to play it themselves. An MMO should be no different.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    After all the things I've heard about the game up until now (it's all story driven) I'm somewhat glad that there's an NDA, and even though I opted in to the beta early on, I'm not certain that I'll want any spoilers. I think that even if I do play _some_ of the game for one weekend, I'd rather not have all the sites dishing out all the rest of the game before I've experienced it for myself first-hand.

So even though it might be too much to ask, I'd rather the NDA was still enforced right up to launch. I just got Skyrim at the weekend, and really, there's no need for people to divulge all about it before people get to play it themselves. An MMO should be no different.
    Even the beta leak sites have been really good about not releasing info about the class stories, and if some class story info was leaked they generally tagged it as a spoiler. Think most people are more interested in early info on game mechanics than getting early info on the class stories. There are still plenty of people on the fence as to whether or not they want to buy the game, and that is because of the lack of information Bioware has released about the game mechanics themselves. It's really getting close to the time where Bioware needs to either release a massive amount of info on their website, or lift the NDA for game mechanics and let the media release the info.

I hope it does. NDA lifts are great for youtube directors ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Once the NDA lifts, the discussions on the forums are going to get a lot better.

Just wanted to point out that anyone who was in the beta still has access to the beta forums.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomhvk View Post
    Why would it matter if you were not from the US? I am not from the US either but im guessing the server stress test weekend will be the same for EU and US
    Since its not the same server and the same server tech, probably.

But lets not forgot that this Beta weekend has no date announced yet, so give Bioware a bit of time.
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2011-11-14 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    I'm from the UK, and got the email saying i'll be able to take part in a beta at some point. Just gotta bide my time and check the email regularly. lol

The NDA is nothing but red tape at this point. If you want info on the game it is very easy to find leak sites (think there's still links in troll's mega sticky).

As another poster said, they are pretty good about not spoiling story stuff, just discussing game/class mechanics.

OT I'm sure the NDA will remain in effect probably up until early access, which is kind of fail. They should have lifted it with the realses of the last build which is supposed to be a rc iirc. But w/e.

Just make sure when you play to give FEEDBACK! There's some broken stuff and noob testers are worrying about the wrong things from what I've seen (saw one guy complaining that bosses can't be CC'd -_-). Help the game and give some good feedback.

Just got a code from http://www.zam.com/giveaways/swtor.html for the next beta event
    3DS Friend Code: 2165 - 5428 - 1895

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Maybe I'm tired and blind, but I don't see anything that states when it is on there. It says that the special passes need to be redeemed by the 18th, but not when the actual test is.
    dude they must have gotten rid of it then i saw it stated by a TOR mod srry. but i will still hold to my turkeyday thing since all the beta keys from external sites are to be done by nov 18

Quote Originally Posted by Protectus View Post
    Well out of all of my friends here in the UK (about 30) some have even pre paid already none have a beta invite... Infact i don't know anyone from the EU with a beta invite.

Its like they dish out 20,000 invites a day starting from the US then and the end of the day they are like... oops guys we forgot to invite anyone in the EU.. then someone with a small beard shouts "its ok I invited 2 people one was my mum, the other my sister they dont play games much but are visiting the EU on holiday so it counts."

What? /10 chars